New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
lomay
Private
Rep
Drives: S23i

Are the new Z4 wearing Bridgestone G2 or G3 RFT?

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/06/r...ck-out-of-run/

Check this out.
Can those who got their new Z4s please confirm their Bridgestone RFTs are G2 or G3? In fact, how do you know they are G2 or G3?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Supposedly the G3 RFTs will not be available in BMWs until later this year, so looks like the E89 still has G2 RFTs. Hopefully I'm wrong though...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
lomay
Private
Rep

Just hope for the best..... but I doubt we can get the G3 in time...

The display cars here all have RE050 A II.
I think that "II" is just to differentiate from the 050A.
There are also 3 other types of 050 as shown in Tirerack.com, the 050, 050A Pole Position and 050A Scuderia (the latter 2 are tailor made only for Corvette and Ferrari?)

Will collect my car sometime next week and let see what tyres are they.

Strange enough, am I right that not many people have mentioned about the tyre noise on the new Z4s. Rather, they talked about the wheel (tyre) size and "shock" absorption... may be the RFTs are still very new and not yet making the terrible noise which they are famous for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhap View Post
Supposedly the G3 RFTs will not be available in BMWs until later this year, so looks like the E89 still has G2 RFTs. Hopefully I'm wrong though...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomay View Post
Just hope for the best..... but I doubt we can get the G3 in time...

The display cars here all have RE050 A II.
I think that "II" is just to differentiate from the 050A.
There are also 3 other types of 050 as shown in Tirerack.com, the 050, 050A Pole Position and 050A Scuderia (the latter 2 are tailor made only for Corvette and Ferrari?)

Strange enough, am I right that not many people have mentioned about the tyre noise on the new Z4s. Rather, they talked about the wheel (tyre) size and "shock" absorption... may be the RFTs are still very new and not yet making the terrible noise which they are famous for!
Congratulation !!! Nice to know you have that so fast. Was it built in May? If so, i can estimate when i will get mine. Hope you will take some photos and share your feeling on the car. So far, i never see it on the street.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
clwwong
Private
Rep
Drives: cayman

Quote:
Good for you! I think you will be the first group of users in HK... pls post some pictures for us. btw, what is the production date?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
lomay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwwong View Post
Good for you! I think you will be the first group of users in HK... pls post some pictures for us. btw, what is the production date?
WaWaWa
Even better!! I'm going to get it this evening!
I ordered it end of March, built in May, shipped to HK on 30 June and this morning the dealer called me up and said it is ready! I think they always tell us a later delivery date just in case there is any delay. So do prepare it comes earlier

My car is not the first batch. For the first time I saw a sapphire black/red seat 35i yesterday around Causeway Bay registered on 23 June. Beautiful!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #7
Otago
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive 30i manual

All HK dudes, if you pick up your cars please post some pics.

Please check for any defects, post whatever you find. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 04:52 AM   #8
WP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
WaWaWa
Even better!! I'm going to get it this evening!
I ordered it end of March, built in May, shipped to HK on 30 June and this morning the dealer called me up and said it is ready! I think they always tell us a later delivery date just in case there is any delay. So do prepare it comes earlier

My car is not the first batch. For the first time I saw a sapphire black/red seat 35i yesterday around Causeway Bay registered on 23 June. Beautiful!!!
Wowwww. You must be so excited
I blamed myself why i didn't order sooner. I ordered just one week later than yours, but have to wait one more month. Hope you said the dealer can deliver to us much earlier.

Agree. Post some pictures and let us know if any problem of the car.
Appreciate 0