New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Z4-Archon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White Z4 35i

Playlists with hard drive music collection?

Hi folks,

Well, I have tried a couple of things to get a playlist on the hard drive based music collection. It doesn't seem to be doable though. The only way to manage something like a play list is to setup all the songs you want on a USB key and then import them. They will all go into one of 5 "collections", they do maintain any folder structure that you put on it though. Then you simply select that collection and play it. You can only do 5 collections from what I read though, I haven't tried to do more.

You can import many CDs directly though if you want. I haven't bothered with that as I long ago turned all of my CDs into MP3s.

If anyone else has any suggestions to try I would be happy to attempt them.

The upgraded stereo really rocks, I am very very happy with that upgrade. The stock stereo was pretty weak with the top down, but fine with it up. The upgraded stereo (premium sound package in USA - from the sound of it I would assume that it is the 600w option in other countries) can be loud with the top down at 70mph.
Appreciate 0