New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

11-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Incipio
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Auto Lock

Hi Guys,

Do you guys know how to setup the car's (e89) doors to auto lock when the top is up. I know for a fact the car doors lock and the alarm arms itself when the top is down. When the top is up it doesn't auto lock. Wondering if you guys knew anything about this.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

I think you're going to have to expand on that... how to lock doors when top is up? Er press lock?

If you mean auto lock, it only does that if you unlock the car but don't enter it.. after a short time, it relocks thinking you hit the button by accident. I've never noted whether top up or down make a difference to this tho.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Incipio
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Give it a second glance it clearly says "auto Lock".

This happened twice so I am guessing theres a logic to this madness, I ran couple of errands while my wife was in the car, the top was down, when I left I took the key with me, the car locked it self and armed the alarm. My wife set off the motion sensors, so I had to come back. This also happened at the dealer.

I have comfort access I love the fact I never have to take the key out of my pocket I just wanted to know is, is this a feature ? if Yes why doesn't it work when the top is up, if you don't lock the doors they stay unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

My apologies. Often, what people say and what they mean are two very different things. I can't help on this as I never leave the car with the top down, I always put it back up at any destination to prevent security or bird mess issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
pigwidgin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sdrive35i

our '09 doesn't auto lock, so it must be a setting. We have the comfort access and alarm and often leave the top down in the garage. It has never locked itself or armed the alarm.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
redhot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigwidgin View Post
our '09 doesn't auto lock, so it must be a setting. We have the comfort access and alarm and often leave the top down in the garage. It has never locked itself or armed the alarm.
Same deal here.... oh I wish there was an auto lock feature that locks the car automatically when you are 25-30ft away from it. I hate to touch the door handle to lock the car. I guess that is why the call it "comfort access" not egress .

Plus I don't know whether my car has an alarm, though there was a window sticker stating that the car did have some BMW rendition of Theft deterrent and Lo-Jack.
      11-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
pigwidgin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sdrive35i

This one is easy to test. Press and hold the trunk button on the remote. After about 5 seconds the alarm will go off. I did this once by accident right after I got the car, damn that thing is loud when you are in a garage.

Plus I don't know whether my car has an alarm, though there was a window sticker stating that the car did have some BMW rendition of Theft deterrent and Lo-Jack. [/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
redhot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigwidgin View Post
This one is easy to test. Press and hold the trunk button on the remote. After about 5 seconds the alarm will go off. I did this once by accident right after I got the car, damn that thing is loud when you are in a garage.

Plus I don't know whether my car has an alarm, though there was a window sticker stating that the car did have some BMW rendition of Theft deterrent and Lo-Jack.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks will test it out.