New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
HenryHank
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, e39 M5

Sirius Radio forgetting channel selection (display only)

I have this nagging problem with the Sirius radio in my 2010 35is Z4 with Nav.

Most times (but not all) when I get in the car and start it, the display for Sat Radio defaults to the top "Category?" entry instead of defaulting the display to the last selected channel. The radio itself is tuned to and is playing the proper previously selected channel, but most times, the display is at the top of the channel list (above channel 2) instead of the currently playing channel.

I've had the car since March, and I only noticed this happening the last couple of months. I'm pretty sure it didn't do this for the first few months of ownership. I've never had it in for service or any other changes that would affect this.

Is this a bug, or is there some setting that can fix this? Sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
realroadrage
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Not sure if it is related but similar, I do not have the navigation, but notice that when I turn the car on, if my satellite radio is tuned to a station that occupies one of the presets, the preset itself is not indicated as being selected.
Appreciate 0