New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

10-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #45
netv
Romania
Rep
Drives: e89 z4 23i, e90 318i

Thanks Rolf, Kris -- I really appreciate your help on the topic even though the result was not good for me ...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #46
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by netv View Post
Thanks Rolf, Kris -- I really appreciate your help on the topic even though the result was not good for me ...
I know, if you lease the car get good tires and hold on to the stock tires until you return the car. Or hold on to them until you sell the car with brand new tires

Some people have sold the tires and got sufficient funds to purchase standard Non-Run-Flat-Tires.

If you keep the tires and have 18" or 19" wheels make sure to a) check your air pressure often (I do it every Monday morning as a matter of course in my garage - I find I always have to top up a few pounds) and b) check your wheels for cracks after long drives and under normal conditions at lease every 3 months and very carefully when you change to winter wheels (I had 2 cracked wheels on my new car after 18,000 KM - look into my garage to see photos on Photo page 2 and 3 also Photo Page 7).

Good luck with it all and post pictures of your car once you do get it

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #47
netv
Romania
Rep
Drives: e89 z4 23i, e90 318i

Thanks for the advises. I don't know the exact name/word for it but I got the car in a special type of lease so that at the end of montly payments I wouldn't need to give the car back (I will own it). So this means that whatever tyres I'm going to get I will be stuck with them for at least 2 years. I got the 292 (optional) 17" wheels so I'm pretty sure I won't get any cracks on them.

I will definitely post pictures once I'll get the car (a few more weeks probably)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #48
BimmerKat
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by netv View Post
Thanks for the advises. I don't know the exact name/word for it but I got the car in a special type of lease so that at the end of montly payments I wouldn't need to give the car back (I will own it). So this means that whatever tyres I'm going to get I will be stuck with them for at least 2 years. I got the 292 (optional) 17" wheels so I'm pretty sure I won't get any cracks on them.

I will definitely post pictures once I'll get the car (a few more weeks probably)
More advice (if it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere) - get your car aligned as soon as possible. The hundred bucks it will cost you will save you from wearing out your rears faster than necessary. Stock alignment killed my rears at 8k miles.
Appreciate 0