New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Z4 LBR????

According to a german forum here http://www.zroadster.com/forum/bmw_z...27-z4_lbr.html
BMW is about to bring in in Paris in September (???) a new version of Z4 called LBR which stands for Leichtbaurace with about 400ps and of course lighter. Have you heard anything about that? I wonder how they will call it, "sdrive35islightbauraceLBR"?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Merefield
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 ///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannisa View Post
According to a german forum here http://www.zroadster.com/forum/bmw_z...27-z4_lbr.html
BMW is about to bring in in Paris in September (???) a new version of Z4 called LBR which stands for Leichtbaurace with about 400ps and of course lighter. Have you heard anything about that? I wonder how they will call it, "sdrive35islightbauraceLBR"?
Awesome, will probably have a fabric roof - which may mean even better handling and more space in boot with roof down - perhaps a response to the Porker Spyder? But could it also be a fixed roof coupe with carbon fibre roof? In which case will cost $$$$.

They are probably shooting for lower CO2 which will mean much better fuel economy.

I doubt it will be a V8, probably tuned i6 TT

I _really_ hope this rumour holds water ...

Last edited by Merefield; 06-05-2010 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Awesome!

BTW, according to google translate: Leichtbaurace = Lightweight Race

I think that "sdrive35islightbauraceLBR" might be a cool name but I doubt that has enough syllables for BMW's liking.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Maybe they are talking about a Z2? Haha!

Maybe BMW figured out exactly where to reduce the weight from the Z4 to make it handle better to address the current criticisms from various reviews?

I hope it will be a fixed roof coupe like the old Z4 coupe. I remember someone posted a rendering on here a while back which I thought looked excellent.

I havent seen any spyshots of it testing around the ring so I am not sure where this information comes from exactly. They mention AB magazine or something?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
I hope it will be a fixed roof coupe like the old Z4 coupe. I remember someone posted a rendering on here a while back which I thought looked excellent.
Talking about either of these two renderings? I think they are both fixed roof - love 'em both!

I have larger versions of both images. PM me if you'd like copies.

Attached Images

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Thats them TeagueAMX! Thanks for posting the pics, fantastic work!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merefield View Post
Awesome, will probably have a fabric roof - which may mean even better handling and more space in boot with roof down - perhaps a response to the Porker Spyder? But could it also be a fixed roof coupe with carbon fibre roof? In which case will cost $$$$.

They are probably shooting for lower CO2 which will mean much better fuel economy.

I doubt it will be a V8, probably tuned i6 TT

I _really_ hope this rumour holds water ...
Getting closer to that beloved ///M Coupe?

As far as the engine are concerned, I believe for a daily driver and for the personality of the z4, the n54 is a better engine. Even though I truly love the s65 V8, which is better for all out performance and track use, the n54 is better choice because of the torque it produces. It much easier to modify as well.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
thanks teagueAMX for sharing, they are fantastic pictures.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

I was just reading on the 1-series forum that the new M1 to be released at the end of the year will be the closest thing to the old M3 CSL.

Could this be a Z4 CSL?
Appreciate 0