New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #23
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

I drive a bimmer. I don’t know what courtesy is. I’m equally an asshole to everyone. No prejudice to a particular brand.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #24
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

I just pretty much let everybody in or cut me off--my car is faster than more than 99% of the cars out there but I don't have an ego to prove it or a chip on my shoulder. I don't feel like getting crunched into.

In this contested area I have found people to be pretty courteous--it's more the ones who are not paying attention that become an issue, but once again I pretty much always brake and give up right of way--I don't have anything to prove to a Prius or any car really.

If it's a two lane merge to one lane and I can tell the guy wants to give it go, then, in a friendly way we can do it.
      06-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #25
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Diesel pickups or delivery vans, a little because I see a lot of jerks in diesel pickups around here but mostly because I can no longer stand the smell.

As far as asshat drivers, lately the ones that aren't driving diesel pickups seem to be driving Mercedes. I recently saw a guy in an S Class weave through traffic like a madman, then clip the bumper of a semi as he swerved across the front of it. Started waving his arms and beeping his horn like it was the truck driver's fault. You can't make stuff like this up.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #26
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
The only cars I won't be gracious to are those with political bumper stickers.
Love it.

Those people basically broadcast to the world that they are insufferable sh*theads.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #27
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
No one should single out particular cars to pick on whilst driving.........Mustangs and Challengers....i enjoy seeing their faces when they can't catch me or keep up
Can't wait till you run into the fast ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 08:50 AM   #28
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
Simple.

I don't yield to any driver who is attempting to muscle their way out of a junction.
I yield to courteous drivers who are willing to wait for their own right of way. Normally indicated by them holding back a little from the line. Courtesy breeds courtesy

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the make or model of car their driving. For example, I've even witnessed some BMW drivers display courtesy on my travels

Slàinte Mhath
Me also. But I do miss the little wave when I let someone in (I still do it).
Appreciate 0