New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #23
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Mind if I ask....

Roughly how old are you? And what area of the country are you in?

Generically I'm asking about demographics, knowing some 'potential customers' will be treated better than others, and wondering where you fit into the mix.
No worries I'd be happy to answer. I'm 36 yo and from the Chicago area. That wasn't an issue at all, not like I pulled up in a civic. Told them off the bat I'm a long time BMW customer and that's what I arrived in. But I agree and get what you're saying/asking.
I think they just know the RS is new and anticipated and just want to push the envelope any way they can.
      08-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #24
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Fletcher Jones are a bunch of scumbags. I once had Audi NA launch an inquiry there that resulted in major disciplinary actions.
Wow that sounds fun! Mind sharing? Bit that I'd do business there I have one closer to me that's an APR dealer they just have no allocations.

Funny thing is the two Nardo gray they listed online initially he told me customer ordered vehicles waiting delivery can't drive em can't touch em (over the phone) and the salesman calls me yesterday staying oh yeah it's available today come on down. So yeah like I stated in the title sensing the little bit of b.s. From the start. I guess with anything new and hot it's to be expected.
      08-13-2017, 11:49 PM   #25
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Civics are going for 10,000 over MSRP. Its a crazy world we live in. High demand cars are more difficult to get. I would spam all the dealers in your state and look for EU delivery
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-14-2017, 03:46 PM   #26
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
Quote:
Fletcher Jones are a bunch of scumbags. I once had Audi NA launch an inquiry there that resulted in major disciplinary actions.
Wow that sounds fun! Mind sharing? Bit that I'd do business there I have one closer to me that's an APR dealer they just have no allocations.

Funny thing is the two Nardo gray they listed online initially he told me customer ordered vehicles waiting delivery can't drive em can't touch em (over the phone) and the salesman calls me yesterday staying oh yeah it's available today come on down. So yeah like I stated in the title sensing the little bit of b.s. From the start. I guess with anything new and hot it's to be expected.
This was a while ago when I was looking for an Allroad. The sales manager told me they could not discuss specific pricing without first obtaining a credit app and a non refundable $2k deposit. Who the hell does that?

I emailed Audi NA on a Saturday morning to complain and was called later that day. They were livid.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      08-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #27
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This was a while ago when I was looking for an Allroad. The sales manager told me they could not discuss specific pricing without first obtaining a credit app and a non refundable $2k deposit. Who the hell does that?

I emailed Audi NA on a Saturday morning to complain and was called later that day. They were livid.
Wow that's a bunch of crap. Don't get me wrong I've seen bad brand sales representation all around for all brands. But the silly things you just mentioned 2k despot is just silly stupid.

All in all just makes it harder for me to walk away from bmw especially that I have a phenomenal relationship with my dealership for almost 10 years now.
      08-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #28
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow that's a bunch of crap. Don't get me wrong I've seen bad brand sales representation all around for all brands. But the silly things you just mentioned 2k despot is just silly stupid.

All in all just makes it harder for me to walk away from bmw especially that I have a phenomenal relationship with my dealership for almost 10 years now.
+1 I'd basically have to get a free car elsewhere to leave BMW. My dealer is amazing and corporate has repeatedly bent over backwards to help me. A $60k car rarely merits senior level attention but when I made some calls to try and get dad's ordered car expedited before starting chemo again they stopped at nothing to help. Literally folks who were top 10 people in all of BMW worldwide were actively helping me.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #29
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1 I'd basically have to get a free car elsewhere to leave BMW. My dealer is amazing and corporate has repeatedly bent over backwards to help me. A $60k car rarely merits senior level attention but when I made some calls to try and get his ordered car expedited before starting chemo again they stopped at nothing to help. Literally folks who were top 10 people in all of BMW worldwide were actively helping me.
Wow man seriously hard amazing. I've had nothing but amazing exteriors as well with my dealer and we're working on a euro delivery plan now.
I hope all goes well with the therapy and may that 60k machine be the majority of the therapy that you'll need in the twisties .
Speedy recovery friend.
      08-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #30
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1 I'd basically have to get a free car elsewhere to leave BMW. My dealer is amazing and corporate has repeatedly bent over backwards to help me. A $60k car rarely merits senior level attention but when I made some calls to try and get his ordered car expedited before starting chemo again they stopped at nothing to help. Literally folks who were top 10 people in all of BMW worldwide were actively helping me.
Wow man seriously hard amazing. I've had nothing but amazing exteriors as well with my dealer and we're working on a euro delivery plan now.
I hope all goes well with the therapy and may that 60k machine be the majority of the therapy that you'll need in the twisties .
Speedy recovery friend.
Thanks. Dad's sick not me but appreciate it. We were driving back from Hopkins one day and he said he didn't like his Allroad which was 6 mos old. Purchased that to replace his 6 month old Macan. The BMW has lasted over a year so we must have gotten it right this time!

Life lesson though - if you take said wagon to Dinan for Stage 1 do not then launch the car w chemo patient in front seat. Didn't go well.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #31
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Interesting encounter.. I'm cool with my local Audi dealership; bought a new S4 from them in 2013 and they swap my winter tires onto my Cayman.

As for the RS3, I'm a fan so far. I love Nardo but that Mythos Black with the silver is pretty nice looking. I'd love to drive one but I doubt I'll be able to until the hype dies down.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #32
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Interesting encounter.. I'm cool with my local Audi dealership; bought a new S4 from them in 2013 and they swap my winter tires onto my Cayman.

As for the RS3, I'm a fan so far. I love Nardo but that Mythos Black with the silver is pretty nice looking. I'd love to drive one but I doubt I'll be able to until the hype dies down.
Agreed on the RS3. Spectacularly good car. Definitely get a drive, because it's addicting like few cars I've driven in recent times.

Last edited by Motorsportenterprise; 08-15-2017 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
JTO245271.50
Jadar1752.50
      08-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #33
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I don't know what it is ... but it's almost like no matter how hard I try, I can't get excited by an Audi product... I like the SUV's a little bit, but it kind of ends there... they are just extremely boring cars to me.

I drove the S3 a while back and honestly thought that car was a pile of shit... everything from the laggy 4 banger that made the fakest sound i've ever heard to the low rent golf interior turned me farrrrr off.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #34
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I don't know what it is ... but it's almost like no matter how hard I try, I can't get excited by an Audi product... I like the SUV's a little bit, but it kind of ends there... they are just extremely boring cars to me.

I drove the S3 a while back and honestly thought that car was a pile of shit... everything from the laggy 4 banger that made the fakest sound i've ever heard to the low rent golf interior turned me farrrrr off.
I can understand that I hear that often off of the forum actually without bias.

I like a few of their products and the RS3 would be on my radar. The purchase of one or ownership does instill some fears and that is I'm scared I would rather get bored with it very quickly. Any Audi I've ever driven lacked a lot of that sporty feedback.
I'm now rocking 2 F30 335i's back to back that replaced my E90. Not saying there aren't better cars than F30 or the RS3 won't compete hard but the car just sparked my interest in the price/segment. Dare I dream M2 4 door anybody.....
      08-16-2017, 12:28 AM   #35
nittany
shortstop
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

trust me, you wont be disappointed with the RS3
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Kief4428.00
3798j11325.00
JTO245271.50
      08-16-2017, 12:50 AM   #36
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
trust me, you wont be disappointed with the RS3
Damn that color combo looks sick! What did you drive before? How does it compare? And what made you go the RS3 route?
      08-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #37
nittany
shortstop
Rep

Quote:
Damn that color combo looks sick! What did you drive before? How does it compare? And what made you go the RS3 route?
I had a FBO E90 335i and then a B8 S4 (Stage 1 tune) and those cars don’t compare to the RS3. The RS3 is more refined and just a beast for a small car. The engine alone is worth it and to hear the exhaust each time you push it, makes you smile. It’s a really fast car for stock, apparently there’s a guy out there who ran 11.8 consistently on the track.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rld-Horsepower
I live in Seattle which rains 8+ months straight, so the Quattro makes sense for me. If I lived in Cali, I would of gone the M3 or M2 route but in Seattle you can’t really take advantage of the M in daily driving the whole year. RS3 is perfect for my needs.

Just go test drive one and see for yourself, I think you'll be hooked.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-16-2017, 10:01 AM   #38
Dthltm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i / Deep Sea Blue on Taupe

I live in Texas, where similar to many other southern states it is both hot and sunny for a lot of the year, and I just can't wrap my head around how the majority of these $50,000+ vehicles don't have an option for ventilated seats. It's really frustrating.
Appreciate 1
JTO245271.50
      08-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #39
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthltm View Post
I live in Texas, where similar to many other southern states it is both hot and sunny for a lot of the year, and I just can't wrap my head around how the majority of these $50,000+ vehicles don't have an option for ventilated seats. It's really frustrating.
I agree, here in San Antonio, they are a must.
Appreciate 1
Dthltm77.00
      08-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #40
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I had a FBO E90 335i and then a B8 S4 (Stage 1 tune) and those cars don’t compare to the RS3. The RS3 is more refined and just a beast for a small car. The engine alone is worth it and to hear the exhaust each time you push it, makes you smile. It’s a really fast car for stock, apparently there’s a guy out there who ran 11.8 consistently on the track.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rld-Horsepower
I live in Seattle which rains 8+ months straight, so the Quattro makes sense for me. If I lived in Cali, I would of gone the M3 or M2 route but in Seattle you can’t really take advantage of the M in daily driving the whole year. RS3 is perfect for my needs.

Just go test drive one and see for yourself, I think you'll be hooked.
That's awesome to hear that it has a lot more engaged visceral feel. And makes total sense for you to have it in Washington.

Small fun and nimble seems like Audi has put something together and that's good feedback from an owner.

Did you drive or first and decide it ordered it through open allocation?

The reason I wasn't sure and searched for a test drive was about 3 years ago my best friend and I traded for a week. He took my f30 335i and I took his B8 s4 Auto. The drive and especially steering was like driving a Ford Fusion. It was insanely numb and boring besides the speed.
It made me nervous about diving into a product un-driven and unfelt. I know it's not a fair comparison it's harder core RS product I'm referencing.
      08-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #41
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthltm View Post
I've used them on a few cars, but found the noise more annoying than what they actually achieve. I've never had an issue with TX heat with tinted windows, even with the M Coupe's anemic a/c and non shaded sunroof.
Appreciate 1
Dthltm77.00
      08-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #42
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
That's awesome to hear that it has a lot more engaged visceral feel. And makes total sense for you to have it in Washington.

Small fun and nimble seems like Audi has put something together and that's good feedback from an owner.

The reason I wasn't sure and searched for a test drive was about 3 years ago my best friend and I traded for a week. He took my f30 335i and I took his B8 s4 Auto. The drive and especially steering was like driving a Ford Fusion. It was insanely numb and boring besides the speed.
It made me nervous about diving into a product un-driven and unfelt. I know it's not a fair comparison it's harder core RS product I'm referencing.
Typically not a huge fan of Audi either for driving dynamics or pleasure, but the RS3 is more engaging than my M4, better steering and sounds better than any current BMW by the longest of shots. In fact can't think of many that match it besides an e9x M3 that has a good aftermarket exhaust. It sounds so much like an R8/Huracan in the note. The DSG is also probably a close second to PDK as far as dual clutches go. Oh yea, and it doesn't feel large and only weighs around 3300 lbs, so it's pretty light.

Last edited by Motorsportenterprise; 08-16-2017 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #43
nittany
shortstop
Rep

Quote:

I didn't even test drive one, I ordered mine back in May when I got the first allocation from my dealer. Also, I agree, the B8 S4 feels like a boat and slow compared to the RS3. Like you said, it's nimble, fast and small, might not have the full dynamics of an M2 but it's still fun to drive.

Agree with Motorsportenterprise, it does sound like a mini R8. If you do opt for the RS3, just make sure you get the sports exhaust!
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #44
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't even test drive one, I ordered mine back in May when I got the first allocation from my dealer. Also, I agree, the B8 S4 feels like a boat and slow compared to the RS3. Like you said, it's nimble, fast and small, might not have the full dynamics of an M2 but it's still fun to drive.

Agree with Motorsportenterprise, it does sound like a mini R8. If you do opt for the RS3, just make sure you get the sports exhaust!
Yeah the one I posted pics of hat the $1500 dynamic package and when I started it it sounded so awesome! Unlike anything else really cool sound.