New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: How much money do you make a year?
0-25,999 7 2.94%
26,000 - 40,999 8 3.36%
41,000 - 60,999 22 9.24%
61,000 - 90,999 44 18.49%
91,000 - 120,000 27 11.34%
121,000 - 200,000 54 22.69%
201,000 - 500,000 30 12.61%
501,000 - 1,000,000 9 3.78%
1+ million 5 2.10%
Over 1 Trillion 32 13.45%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

08-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #67
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Haha..funny you remember that. Went with a basic good neighbor fence because that is all the neighbor would go halves on. We wanted a lattice topped one with alternating boards to match the fence at the back of our house and his house but he said he could care less what the look is.

We were willing to put in an extra $500 for the upgraded fence but since he didn't want to go nicer we were not going to put in an extra $1000 as our part was already $1800. His insurance covered most of his part but our insurance would not.

So, I made a deal and asked if all the boards could face our direction instead of alternate, since he " didn't give a fuck how it looks." He agreed so we have a bad neighbor fence. It looks fine and is on the side and relatively unseen.
I remember everything. Except that which would be useful in performing my daily job...seems I have some sort of mental block there.

Sounds like a fine upstanding gentleman. Potentially a real treat to live beside.
Appreciate 1
jgoens3787.50
      08-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #68
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

2nd highest vote is for Over 1 trillion dollars. Pretty sure this poll is gonna be accurate.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #69
BavarianDevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Silverstone/Beige

What a stupid thing to ask anyone. Next will be how long is your d-ck. Neither poll will reveal the truth!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #70
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

I earn $25,999.50...can I round up and get bumped into the second strata?
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #71
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I'm one of the trillionaires (my 135 is just for acting poor)

Last edited by infinitekidM2C; 08-01-2017 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 03:52 PM   #72
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianDevil View Post
What a stupid thing to ask anyone. Next will be how long is your d-ck. Neither poll will reveal the truth!!
No need to ask this... Everyone on the internet has a 10 inch d-ck!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 04:06 PM   #73
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
2nd highest vote is for Over 1 trillion dollars. Pretty sure this poll is gonna be accurate.
4th actually. We're nothing, if not honest.

Speaking on behalf of my fellow trillionaires of course.
Appreciate 2
Axius4202.00
      08-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #74
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post

Ah but of course. I just earned another trillion just typing this post. Brilliant!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 06:22 PM   #75
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Since I've received a a few PMs asking exactly what I do I will post it here. Personally I have an ecommerce business and another online business and I do freelance design work.

That being said I guess the point of my post wasn't really about doing exactly what I do. I don't have some magical get rich quick scheme. I just made the decision to focus on having more time not more money. I could continue to have my business as a side thing (which it was for 5 years) and go get a 9-5 and make double the money I make now, but the price is not worth it to me.

I read about this guy who is a surgeon. Now this is a though job to do remote like I do, however the guy is a surgeon and makes very good money. So instead of making $500k a year (I'm just making up numbers I have no idea what a surgeon makes) the guy only works 6 months out of the year makes $250k and spends 6 months traveling and doing whatever he wants.

This applies to people who love working also. How many times have I seen posts on here looking for job advise. One job they love the work they do, they love the people they work with etc. The other job pays a lot more.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #76
KennySRFElite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 6mt CP

I will work for free as long as I get to do what I think Angelo and Belgium does for a living.
KP
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #77
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Since I've received a a few PMs asking exactly what I do I will post it here. Personally I have an ecommerce business and another online business and I do freelance design work.

That being said I guess the point of my post wasn't really about doing exactly what I do. I don't have some magical get rich quick scheme. I just made the decision to focus on having more time not more money. I could continue to have my business as a side thing (which it was for 5 years) and go get a 9-5 and make double the money I make now, but the price is not worth it to me.

I read about this guy who is a surgeon. Now this is a though job to do remote like I do, however the guy is a surgeon and makes very good money. So instead of making $500k a year (I'm just making up numbers I have no idea what a surgeon makes) the guy only works 6 months out of the year makes $250k and spends 6 months traveling and doing whatever he wants.

This applies to people who love working also. How many times have I seen posts on here looking for job advise. One job they love the work they do, they love the people they work with etc. The other job pays a lot more.
Re: the surgeon - it's basically the Mexican fisherman story / parable. Which has always resonated with me.

Edit: Which actually, the first time I heard that story was when I was a lowly staff accountant at a Big 4 and one of the senior managers who was resigning actually put the whole story in his departure email to everyone. I actually thought it was pretty cool. I don't believe the partners shared the same sentiment though.

Last edited by Joekerr; 08-02-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 12:46 PM   #78
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

The problem with being a trillionaire is nobody believes you when you say your a trillionaire. It almost makes more sense to just say we make a measly million a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautjit View Post
I will work for free as long as I get to do what I think Angelo and Belgium does for a living.
KP
What do you think they do? All I see is sitting around posting pictures of half naked chicks all day. I don't think that pays very well, if at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #79
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
I recently turned down a job in Detroit that would bring me back home working as an engineer directly for Ford. Huge pay increase, back home, benefits..., but one thing I knew I wouldn't get was as much freedom as I do now. Done working by 3pm, I'm taking the next to days as half days to drop car off at mechanic and go see my family. I don't even have to let anyone know and can pretty much work from home if I don't feel like going in.

Time and flexibility is worth it's weight in gold over pay bumps. Plus, might be able to use turning down better offers as leverage during review time. Who knows.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #80
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
I recently turned down a job in Detroit that would bring me back home working as an engineer directly for Ford. Huge pay increase, back home, benefits..., but one thing I knew I wouldn't get was as much freedom as I do now. Done working by 3pm, I'm taking the next to days as half days to drop car off at mechanic and go see my family. I don't even have to let anyone know and can pretty much work from home if I don't feel like going in.

Time and flexibility is worth it's weight in gold over pay bumps. Plus, might be able to use turning down better offers as leverage during review time. Who knows.
Salary increases are always good, but having a good life balance is extremely important.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #81
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
No need to ask this... Everyone on the internet has a 10 inch d-ck!
Mine is much smaller than that but it works real good.
      08-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #82
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

I feel like I made this post several years ago. Is this a passive aggressive attempt at asking another question?

Quote:

Are you in the Miami Bimmers group? We may know each other. Although now I'm on the dark side with a honda...

Last edited by DJKapeesh; 08-02-2017 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 03:27 PM   #83
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

Quote:

THIS

I should be well over 6 figures working in SAP but I have chosen to stay at a Pharma Company in Sunny South FL with no travel, and set hours to go home. I don't have to manage anyone and I don't have to travel more than 5 miles to work and home. I get lots of vacation and I'm in Florida soooo. Difference is, I probably could make at least $20,000 more if I left

Someone on this forum once told me:
"Once you get over $70k - $75k the standard of living really doesn't change, what changes is the length of time to save for things." or something like that
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 03:45 PM   #84
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKapeesh View Post
"Once you get over $70k - $75k the standard of living really doesn't change, what changes is the length of time to save for things." or something like that
Not sure I really agree with that logic. There is quite a significant difference making say $150k vs. $300k. Just as there is $40k vs. $80k. One could argue that $40k is the same you just have to save longer.

I think the biggest difference is how you spend it and financial planning. I have a friend who makes $150,000 and his wife makes $100,000+ so combined they make 250,000+. They have no kids, decent cars and decent sized house, but literally can't afford anything. They waste so much money and live paycheck to paycheck. With what they make they could easily be doing very well if they were just smart with their money. Unfortunately this seems normal for a lot of people.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #85
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Not sure I really agree with that logic. There is quite a significant difference making say $150k vs. $300k. Just as there is $40k vs. $80k. One could argue that $40k is the same you just have to save longer.

I think the biggest difference is how you spend it and financial planning. I have a friend who makes $150,000 and his wife makes $100,000+ so combined they make 250,000+. They have no kids, decent cars and decent sized house, but literally can't afford anything. They waste so much money and live paycheck to paycheck. With what they make they could easily be doing very well if they were just smart with their money. Unfortunately this seems normal for a lot of people.
Relevant article.

http://cnnmon.ie/2w6lW1D
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #86
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
THIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

The $75k thing is actually that people who make over $75k are no happier than those that make $75k. That seems to be the cut off where more $$ no longer = more happiness.

That's a pretty simplified version, the actually study is much more nuanced.
http://content.time.com/time/magazin...019628,00.html
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #87
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I feel like I made this post several years ago. Is this a passive aggressive attempt at asking another question?

Are you in the Miami Bimmers group? We may know each other. Although now I'm on the dark side with a honda...
No I don't think so. I use to be on the Z4M group.

Quote:

Yup this happened to me also. My second to last job, never got a raise in like 6 years, but the job was super easy, everyone was super laid back, was able to get one day a week to work from home and also had the time to work on my ecommece business on the side.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #88
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Somewhere between $0 and a trillion!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0