New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #1
darknetone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 and 2003 Z4

New Driving mode

So here in an interesting question,

Is there a way to have a driving mode that would leave the transmission in comfort/eco mode, but the active Steering and Active suspension and traction control all engaged? OR simple put is there a way to get a driving mode where the cars is in sport mode but with the comfort/eco shift points? Perhaps programming or an addon device?

Perhaps I am being silly but, I think this would be a great canyon carver mode where I don't need acceleration but would like improved handling.
2011 xDrive30i Z4 -gone
2003 3.0 Z4 -gone
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #2
ljkiter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4 35i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknetone View Post

Is there a way to have a driving mode that would leave the transmission in comfort/eco mode, but the active Steering and Active suspension and traction control all engaged? OR simple put is there a way to get a driving mode where the cars is in sport mode but with the comfort/eco shift points? Perhaps programming or an addon device?

Perhaps I am being silly but, I think this would be a great canyon carver mode where I don't need acceleration but would like improved handling.
I believe MHD allows you to do this but I havnt' played with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
darknetone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 and 2003 Z4

I may have to give them a call!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknetone View Post

If I'm reading correctly you want sport steering & suspension but comfort throttle. I may have a solution for you. I know Ideas Machine group has a throttle controller that lets you set the responsiveness of fly by wire throttle. I think it has 9 or 10 settings going from eco to race. They have installed a a bunch on cars in the NJ area. I know some one there, if you're interested shoot me a dm, and I'll send you their email and get you in touch.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 02:19 AM   #5
Mick70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35i (before: 23i)

With Cobb AP I can also change throttle responsiveness, load etc. depending on the comfort/sport setting. But, of course, Cobb AP is quite outdated considering the possibilities MHD has to offer.
Appreciate 0