New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Wcollins
Wcollins
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

Coral Red Extended Leather...

Hey guys, the car should be here in about 3 weeks and I have been trying to find some information or experience with the Coral Red Extended leather. I know there are some threads that talk briefly about it but I need some first hand experiences from some of you who have it. How does it differ from non extended, how it feels, looks etc. Honestly, my wife is a bit worried about it but to me its a beautiful combination with the Alpine white. Any info is surely welcomed and will hopefully ease my wifes worries....

Last edited by Wcollins; 01-11-2010 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
chrisb
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i

I've got the coral red with my sapphire black car and like it. It shows some dirt overtime but less than lighter colors and easy to clean. Looks and feels good to me but what exactly are your worries?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
BarrowJon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Have extended coral red leather in my orion silver 35i with sport package, very nicely done, has a good rich and comfortable feel, no problems thus far.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

I think Alpine White with Coral Red Leather is one of the best combinations available on this car; we own a jet black/white combo
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Wcollins
Wcollins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
I've got the coral red with my sapphire black car and like it. It shows some dirt overtime but less than lighter colors and easy to clean. Looks and feels good to me but what exactly are your worries?
She is afraid she won't like it. We chose it for the reson that the other Beige/white is too light and will show dirt easily. I've had three cars with red interior, Camero, Supra, Cutlass (dated myself) many years back and didn't have a problem. She thinks it might be too trendy or something and get tired of it. When ordering I looked at the color swatches of both regular and extended and though the extended was a bit darker or richer. Could just be my old eyes....
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Wcollins
Wcollins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowJon View Post
Have extended coral red leather in my orion silver 35i with sport package, very nicely done, has a good rich and comfortable feel, no problems thus far.
I like that combo too as it compliments the Orion color really well. Very nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
GunSpeed
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcollins View Post
When ordering I looked at the color swatches of both regular and extended and though the extended was a bit darker or richer. Could just be my old eyes....
The quality and the color of the leather are the same for both the normal and extended version, the only difference is that the upper part of the dashboard and the doors are also covered in black leather. Only the Ivory white is in the better nappa quality... But don't worry it looks great in red.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
pmlnnrt
Phil
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z-4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
The quality and the color of the leather are the same for both the normal and extended version, the only difference is that the upper part of the dashboard and the doors are also covered in black leather. Only the Ivory white is in the better nappa quality... But don't worry it looks great in red.
Exactly - the red color is the same - seats are the same - as stated above - the extended parts are the doors - and upper dash- which is NOT red - but Black.

Great Color combo - tell your wife, she is GOING TO LIKE IT ! -
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
chrisb
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i

Quote:
She is afraid she won't like it. We chose it for the reson that the other Beige/white is too light and will show dirt easily. I've had three cars with red interior, Camero, Supra, Cutlass (dated myself) many years back and didn't have a problem. She thinks it might be too trendy or something and get tired of it. When ordering I looked at the color swatches of both regular and extended and though the extended was a bit darker or richer. Could just be my old eyes....
Well, whether you or she likes it is probably too subjective to answer here but objectively it will deal better with dirtthan the lighter colors. I don't really see it as trendy - that implies that we would see a lot of red interiors for a brief period of time. It is fairly uncommon and I think it will remain so- certainly people who have seen mine have responded positively and noted it's unique-ness. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Wcollins
Wcollins
Rep

Thanks guys for all the info and encouragment...I don't know why the wife is so worried because its MY car anyway. And if I like it ...well then.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #11
jmpeace501
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 (hardtop)

Is the Coral Red Extended leather the same as the Coral Red Kansas leather? What are the differences or does anyone have a pic of the extended leather?

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 04:13 AM   #12
pmlnnrt
Phil
United_States
Rep

Yes - same color - no difference - extended means - MORE leather - and MORE lether means - the Dashboard in Black Leather - and doors

Phil
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
Wcollins
Wcollins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlnnrt View Post
Exactly - the red color is the same - seats are the same - as stated above - the extended parts are the doors - and upper dash- which is NOT red - but Black.

Great Color combo - tell your wife, she is GOING TO LIKE IT ! -
What I notices when looking at the dealer color swatches is that the texture of the leather was different. The extended was smooth and did not have the texture of the non extended. I know about the dash leather etc as the remaining difference but I know there were differences in the two for what I had seen regarding texture and color of the red.

Last edited by Wcollins; 01-13-2010 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #14
pmlnnrt
Phil
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What I notices when looking at the dealer color swatches is that the texture of the leather was different. The extended was smooth and did not have the texture of the non extended. I know about the dash leather etc as the remaining difference but I know there were differences in the two for what I had seen regarding texture and color of the red.
NO DIFFERENCE - your eyes are trying to find a difference - and in fact the swatch may be different - but the actual color is no difference - what you may find - is that some dealers use silicone or Armeral (sp) to give it a gloss look which also makes the color look deeper red and more slippery - Dealers will tell you the leather seats are treated with special coatings to make them reflect the sun - thus making them cooler in bright sun -

Frankly - I like the darker red that a coating of silicone gives - also more of a shine, rather then the dull look which the car was delivered by.

each to their own -

Phil
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
Wcollins
Wcollins
Rep

I do like this combo..thanks for the pic!
Appreciate 0