New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #1
jaro2k
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

Snap-in adapter for iPhone6

Quick question.. does anybody knows if there is an option for snap-in adapter in Z4 e89?

I currently have snap-in installed for iPhone5s which is working good as a charger and phone holder. I'm looking for the same functionality to support iPhone6 if possible.

There could even be a physical limits in terms of space.
iPhone5 - 4" large
iPhone6 - 4.7" large
iPhone6+ - 5.5" large
..I'm not sure if there is enough space to fit iPhone6 variants.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
JR956678
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaro2k View Post
I currently have snap-in installed for iPhone5s which is working good as a charger and phone holder. I'm looking for the same functionality to support iPhone6 if possible
I recently purchased an iPhone 6 snap-in adapter from Amazon (the order was fulfilled by a BMW dealer):

Item: 60234397394634
Description: BMW OEM Apple iPhone 6 Snap-In Adapter Connect F10 E90 F06 F01 F30 F32 F12 F33 And More
SKU: 84212407464

The dealer was thorough and asked for the last 7 of my VIN to check compatibility (you need factory option 6NSA / 6NS for this to work) which both my X3 and my Z4 had. I bought this for the X3 but figured I could switch the snap-in between cars; it turns out that I can AND that this adapter for the iPhone 6 also works just as well with the iPhone 6S. I'm very happy with it and may someday purchase a second adapter so I don't have to switch from car to car.

Of note I previously had an adapter for the 5S but this one works better with the 6 and 6S than the 5S adapter did. Not only is charging supported but a docked phone shows up as a media source so I can play music from the phone through the adapter. Presumably apps would also work but I have little need for them and have never tested. It also inductively couples an external antenna so I get a bar or so more signal strength with the phone docked than I get without it docked. It also has a cooling fan that runs when a phone is docked. It's an outrageous price but a well designed and made piece of kit.

The phone is ALMOST too big - a 6+ would not fit but a 6 or 6S just fits about perfectly.
Appreciate 0