New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
airmarc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 BMW Z4,'14 BMW X3, '17 X1

Endurance Extended Warranty for the Z4

Did some reasearch and spoke to the rep. They also have received positive reviews with Consumer reports and the BBB. They offer a Comprehensive plan covering all repairs and parts.

Does anyone have any experience with this company?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
Zyal8r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

No but I researched a little

Whenever I google a warranty company there are a lot of rip- off reports but this one seemed pretty good . People don't read the contract and then they get upset because it did not cover the repair.
I only bought one of these many years ago. The price from the dealer was very good and it covered everything. So I bit. After a couple years and 55000 miles the car stopped dead as I drove up an on ramp. It was towed to the dealer. The warranty company was now defunct. The car had a weird short circuit and it took days to diagnose. The dealer covered as a courtesy.
Would be interested in hearing about warranty experiences other than CPO etc.
beyond the BMW warranties.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #3
paris1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 35i Space Grey over Coral

I've only got till January for the original warranty to run out and I'm interested in this also. The service writer said that the trick for a BMW warranty product is to buy one before the expiration of the original warranty. However I haven't begun to investigate what's available from BMW or anyone else. What I do know is this car is scary-complicated electronically speaking and I'm not looking forward to shouldering the cost of potential repairs on my own post-warranty!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

last Nov - ~$2300 4 yrs/60k miles from USAA, they just resell but can't remember the actual underwriter right now...

Shop around with BMW, as some will give you a better discount and it's the same regardless of where you buy.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #5
paris1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 35i Space Grey over Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
last Nov - ~$2300 4 yrs/60k miles from USAA, they just resell but can't remember the actual underwriter right now...

Shop around with BMW, as some will give you a better discount and it's the same regardless of where you buy.
Can you point me to where I can read up on BMW plans?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #6
Eltee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i

Many credit unions offers extended warranties through a company called IWS. Credit union dude said they have had good success with them and no complaints. You can have your car repaired at a BMW dealer (IWS says they "partner" with BMW). I confirmed with my local BMW dealer that they do accept IWS's warranty program. BBB rated A+

A year ago I purchased a 4 year 80K miles, Platinum Plan (Exclusion policy that covers everything except of course maintenance items) Transferable to next owner for $45. Or you can get a prorated refund. Usual road side service, car rental etc.

Cost was $1576 including tax. (I am a member of the credit union but did not finance my car through them)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 05:35 PM   #7
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
Can you point me to where I can read up on BMW plans?
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...contracts.aspx
Appreciate 0