New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

Black Grills Anyone?

Before taking delivery, I ordered the OEM Black Performance Grills, thinking they'd look great.

Well, now that I have the car and have been living with it in person, I've decided against them. Something about the Mineral Gray, the silver wheels, the chrome side indicator, etc - the black grills would look out of place. Going to stick with the stock silver grills.

As such, I have one brand new in-the-box set of OEM black grills I'd be happy to ship to a forum member if he or she would like them.

I purchased them from the BMW site (shopbmwusa dot com) for $148.86 plus shipping. My prerogative is your win, make me a reasonable offer and they're yours. Still in the box, in the original wrapping. PM's welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

1) Congrats on the car. How's the Mineral Grey? Anything similar to Space Grey?
2) You should probably list this in the Classified to get more bites
3) I know you don't have a price, but just as a reference, you probably won't be able to recoup what you paid for it (not even close) because you bought it off of the BMW Corporate site These sell for about $100 shipped new from dealers online, just FYI incase you are looking for a quick sale may want to adjust price accordingly
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

IMO, Space Gray and Mineral Gray are similar in that they're both 'grays', but that's it. Mineral takes on an almost blue quality in different light. It's really a stunning color in person, very happy w/ my choice.

2. I always had the (perhaps incorrect) assumption no one ever looks there, possibly because I don't. I will though, thanks.

3. If I was expecting to get the same amount I paid for it, I'd simply return it to BMW as I still have the receipt and original box. Instead, I thought I'd be nice and offer them to another forum member who may be interested, giving them to chance at an OEM product for less.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

I saw the thread you made from before with pictures of your car. Looks good Thought it was SG at first but knew it looked off, no wonder. Coral red works so well as an interior color.

Oh if you can return it, then I would seriously consider doing that instead.

While the gesture is nice to offer to a fellow Z'er for a lower price, I personally think you will be hard-pressed to really be able to move it with a close to MSRP price, especially since the same one can be had for less. Just my .02, though.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

return 'em. Bought mine shipped for ~$96...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
DanMiami
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 35is-M & 2011 335d

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4  [7.00]
Def return them if you can't use them.

Black on black: http://instagram.com/p/ZZZr8Kw5Ri/
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
BelgiumsterlingZ4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 s-drive 28i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbetoni View Post
Before taking delivery, I ordered the OEM Black Performance Grills, thinking they'd look great.

Well, now that I have the car and have been living with it in person, I've decided against them. Something about the Mineral Gray, the silver wheels, the chrome side indicator, etc - the black grills would look out of place. Going to stick with the stock silver grills.

As such, I have one brand new in-the-box set of OEM black grills I'd be happy to ship to a forum member if he or she would like them.

I purchased them from the BMW site (shopbmwusa dot com) for $148.86 plus shipping. My prerogative is your win, make me a reasonable offer and they're yours. Still in the box, in the original wrapping. PM's welcome.
I agree with you ,i swapped my black one's for the silver grills.
It is of course personal taste but the silver grills looks very good on the mineral gray.
The black grills would be nice if you also have black rims.

Appreciate 0