New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #23
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Ask for a raise for dealing w/this bs.

I bet if a man tried that, he'd be let go.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #24
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jody View Post
I see this a lot with my employer. A nameless employee who happens to be HR recently remarried. Between her 4 kids and the new husbands 4 kids, if it snows we can expect no form of HR at work that day. In the event there is something special going on with them, we can expect 8 unruly little assholes running around the building. Unfortunately it has set a trend. Now it seems that we are constantly bombarded with employees bringing their kids in the office. It's extremely annoying. Yes I have kids, but I don't bring them to work. Our office is pretty laid back, cursing in the office has become acceptable, yet I am told to watch my mouth because kids are present. I don't take my work to schools and interrupt the classroom with cussing at contractors, so these little shits need not to interrupt my profanity with their presence.

Kids are great as long as they are someone else's and I'm not responsible for them.
EIGHT? Fuck that
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      04-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
EIGHT? Fuck that
Right? I typically run from ladies with kids these days. Update.....she is preggers again.....with twins. Soon to be 10.
Appreciate 3
      04-17-2018, 08:20 AM   #26
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Right? I typically run from ladies with kids these days. Update.....she is preggers again.....with twins. Soon to be 10.
Stop having kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #27
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

So it used to piss me off that an ex-colleague of mine used to bring her two kids into work for what ever reason. They would hang out in the breakroom and watch TV etc. Fast forward to today, I'm recently divorced, have three young boys only one of which is allowed to stay home alone. If one of them gets sick I have no choice but to bring him to work. I have a sitter but she has young children and will not watch mine if one of mine is sick. So I've got a nice comfy leather sofa in my office where they crash. It's either that or stay home with them which is not good for productivity.
Appreciate 4
Red Bread4462.00
Joekerr7926.00
King Rudi13152.00
bimmette6452.50
      04-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #28
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthebattle View Post
Oh No.......no She Aint
Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #29
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
EIGHT? Fuck that
You run from anybody who has children?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #30
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

How many kids does this woman have is this the person with 10 kids or is this another woman? Does she have a man or she is a single parent? We have an admin in our office who says she wanted 3 kids (she has one). Not sure how she could afford 3 on her salary. Even if her husband does well that would be a lot and if he's doing so well she wouldn't need to work as an admin.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #31
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Dating women with kids is never good. You'll never get near the effort you put in from them. Yet they expect the man to make them #1 on his list.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
      04-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #32
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Contact the ministry of labour
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #33
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Dating women with kids is never good. You'll never get near the effort you put in from them. Yet they expect the man to make them #1 on his list.
Friend of mine is dating a single mom (he is 30 she is 28) and it is going really well, but for the most part you are right. A lot of it depends on the person and why they split from the child's parent.

I do think a lot of people jump into having kids too early in their relationship.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #34
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I though Just Jody was a chic or is she LGBT?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #35
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
OP yeah that sucks but your best bet is probably to just deal with it and smile. Then, when you need special treatment, a raise, a long vacation, etc... expect it. Corporate vs. Small Biz (sounds like you're in the latter) there are many differences. This is one of the annoying things that comes with working for small biz, but there are tons of perks as well - ask the woman bringing her kid every day. Just be sure to demonstrate how valuable you are to the organization, so they see you like that mom, and then take advantage of your situation. The job place, just like life, is a battlefield in its own right.. you have to learn how to navigate it, take advantage of it (cause you better believe everyone else is) and WIN.
      04-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #36
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't say that I run from them, but I definitely don't allow myself to get sucked in to that role. I have no desire to be a role model or parental figure to any child other than my own. The girlfriend has 3 kids and I spend absolutely no time with them. If kids are well behaved, I don't have a problem with being around them; however I don't know many single women whose kids are well behaved. I'm not being an asshole, it's just the truth.

Quote:
How many kids does this woman have is this the person with 10 kids or is this another woman? Does she have a man or she is a single parent? We have an admin in our office who says she wanted 3 kids (she has one). Not sure how she could afford 3 on her salary. Even if her husband does well that would be a lot and if he's doing so well she wouldn't need to work as an admin.
Same woman. HR at work. Currently has 4 of her own and 4 step children walking around with 2 more growing inside her now.

Quote:
I though Just Jody was a chic or is she LGBT?
I'm going to recommend that you don't think anymore. Just have someone else find out the facts and have them communicate with you. It will save you a lot of confusion in life. I am a man. Perhaps you should read up on context clues......extensively.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
      04-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #37
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

People with kids easily forget the "unofficial" flexible benefits they sometimes receive - take kids to work when sitter not available once in a while, leave early more often, sometimes get preference to take vacations when kids are off from school, extra help from sympathetic co-workers when something comes up, etc. It is what it is - just gotta deal with it and try not to get aggravated. It isn't going away.
King Rudi13152.00
      04-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #38
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
People with kids easily forget the "unofficial" flexible benefits they sometimes receive - take kids to work when sitter not available once in a while, leave early more often, sometimes get preference to take vacations when kids are off from school, extra help from sympathetic co-workers when something comes up, etc. It is what it is - just gotta deal with it and try not to get aggravated. It isn't going away.
This applies to everything in life. I agree, a lot of small things in life are an annoyance, much like being mistaken for a woman because of a unisex name . those who are on the other side of the fence have a decision to make. Ignore it and keep quiet as to not look like a debbie downer or openly discuss your views be labeled an asshole. I think we all participate in both on occasion. You are exactly right "just deal with it and try not to get aggravated."
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410876.00
      04-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #39
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Quote:
This applies to everything in life. I agree, a lot of small things in life are an annoyance, much like being mistaken for a woman because of a unisex name . those who are on the other side of the fence have a decision to make. Ignore it and keep quiet as to not look like a debbie downer or openly discuss your views be labeled an asshole. I think we all participate in both on occasion. You are exactly right "just deal with it and try not to get aggravated."
I hear you. My wife's name is Frances and she gets annoyed when people spell it Francis, which pretty much everyone does.
      04-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #40
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hear you. My wife's name is Frances and she gets annoyed when people spell it Francis, which pretty much everyone does.
My ex used to spell her name out for pizza delivery. Made me laugh every time. You know you'll get the same pizza even if you say your name is Hairy Balls, right?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
RickFLM410876.00
      04-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #41
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I feel her pain. Mine gets spelled as Jodi and Jodie more often than not.

Another favorite of mine is getting work emails from vendors trying to get a foot in the door and they address the email as Ms. Raymond. I work as a Project Coordinator; if you're in sales and make assumptions as to whom you are speaking with, I'm not buying anything from you. Get your facts together first, then lets talk. If you make assumptions on who I am before we meet, how am I to trust that assumptions won't be made when I'm spending company funds with you?

I also give fake names a lot! I use Captain Artemus "Snake" Buckwald, Sergeant Slippy, Captain Margaret, Bueller and my favorite is Mike Jones (on occassion someone in the background will shout "Who?")
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #42
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Nope, I'm pretty much always in the "speak my mind and look like an asshole camp." I think part of it comes with the testosterone. I just don't care much about what others think about me unless I care much about that person in particular.

Fake names are the best. I give all sorts of ish at restaurants. Often it is very foreign.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Red Bread4462.00
      04-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #43
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Nope, I'm pretty much always in the "speak my mind and look like an asshole camp." I think part of it comes with the testosterone. I just don't care much about what others think about me unless I care much about that person in particular.

Fake names are the best. I give all sorts of ish at restaurants. Often it is very foreign.
I tend to stay on the "asshole" side of things myself. Work is the only place that I try to keep my mouth shut.....emphasis on the word try. As a nod to UGK, I use Sweet Jones a lot too.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #44
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Friend of mine is dating a single mom (he is 30 she is 28) and it is going really well, but for the most part you are right. A lot of it depends on the person and why they split from the child's parent.

I do think a lot of people jump into having kids too early in their relationship.
Agreed. Women with kids are not for me. I can have them as a FWB or fuck buddy, but LTR is not going to happen.
Appreciate 0