New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
G-Power begins work on the BMW E89 Z4

As featured on ZPOST Homepage.

Well, of course every tuner is getting on board with the new Z4 and who can blame them. The car is sexy, stylish and the perfect platform to show off what your company can do for a BMW. Unfortunatly, everyone wants to be onboard with a new car ASAP and they release their parts for the cars in a piecemeal fashion. So far, most tuners are simply fitting their wheels to the car as their initial release and G-Power does the same and adds a nice power massage to the 35i. Stay tuned for more information on more powerful engine tuning options that may come available.
  • Upgrade from standard 306 hp/400 Nm to 345 hp and 480 Nm of torque.
  • 20" Wheels
  • Full stainless steel exhaust

Quote:
G-POWER isn’t just fast when it comes to HIGH-SPEED world records.

The all new BMW Z4 is hot when it comes from the factory. Now G-POWER makes it even hotter.

The G-POWER BI-TRONIK performance module pushes the factory 306 hp/400 Nm to 345 hp/480 Nm. 20 inch G-POWER “SILVERSTONE DIAMOND” alloy wheels with MICHELIN Pilot Sport tyres in the dimension 255/30 ZR 20 and 295/25 ZR 20, G-POWER coil-over suspension and a stainless steel sport rear muffler featuring the legendary G-POWER “DEEPTONE” technology round up the G-POWER package for the BMW Z4 E89.

The G-POWER program for the BMW Z4 E89 touches all key components and lets the nifty BMW Z4 appear even more sporty, beautiful and last but not least exclusive. At first one will notice the especially for the current BMW models designed 20 inch G-POWER SILVERSTONE alloy wheels. Due to the successful combination of double spokes and the "concave design" typical of G-POWER they highlight the breathtaking design of the new BMW Z4 and so separate it for the rest of the mass production. The G-POWER “diamond cut” provides for the fascinating dynamic appearance of the G-POWER SILVESTONE rim, in contrast to the silver-graphite coated rim body and the bolt applications of stainless steel. An additional feature of the G-POWER SILVERSTONE rim is its weight-optimised design that allows a low rim weight with the same stability, compared to other standard wheels. A perceptibly improved impression of convenience and a considerably increased agility accompany the minimisation of the unsprung mass: advantages of the G-POWER SILVERSTONE rim, which you can factually experience especially in combination with the low-profile tyres from MICHELIN in the dimension 255/30 ZR 20 and 295/25 ZR 20. Further improvement of the road handling is realized through the continuously height-adjustable G-POWER coil-over suspension GZ4-RS with nine selectable settings each for bound and rebound.

In order to benefit from the improvements of road handling and cornering realised by the G-POWER products, the factory output even in the strongest version provided by BMW, the Z4 sDrive 35i, is not enough. That is why G-POWER offers the performance module BI-TRONIK that pushes the factory performance from a standard 306 hp/400 Nm to a more satisfying 345 hp and even more important 480 Nm of torque. In doing so, as for all performance increasing projects of G-POWER, reliability and durability were the top priorities during the development of the BI-TRONIK. Nevertheless, a performance and a torque increase of approx. 20% could be realised. Due to the use of original plug-in connectors, the G-POWER BI-TRONIK can be easily and quickly integrated; residue-free removal is possible, as well. Of course, all standard engine protection and diagnostic functions of the engine control unit are maintained to full extent.

Naturally the performance figures benefit from this output improvement. The figure from stand still to 100 km/h is now less than 5 seconds (4,7 seconds).

Next to the output and the suspension of the BMW Z4, G-POWER has taken care of the sound, as well. The full stainless steal G-POWER 4-trim sport rear muffler with its 4 x 83 mm tailpipes gives the BMW Z4 a deep, throaty sound that turns heads but is at now time annoying, thanks to the patented G-POWER “DEEPTONE” technology.
Attached Images

06-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

sick, i wonder what the power outputs gonna be ? just software or s/c ?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
numba1guju
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW Jetta

from the increase looks like software
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

I think G-Power is a bit late to the N54 tuning party.
Why not just throw a JB3 or PROcede on it and let it really rip.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
Berduderunner
drk one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
a 20" rim is too big for that little roadster. 19's are PERFECT tho
BMS JB3 v2.0 | BMS DCI | Berk Tech Sport Exhaust | UR * DPs | CoolingMist Meth Kit w/ CMGS | H&R OE Sport Springs | Breyton GTS-R | Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs | GP Thunder 8000K Low Beams/Angel Eyes/Cornering Lights | LED Interior Light Kit | Window Tint | Smoked Tail Lights | Smoked License Plate Cover
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berduderunner View Post
a 20" rim is too big for that little roadster. 19's are PERFECT tho
I agree. Reminds me of something......wait......oh yeah

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 05:27 AM   #7
Spanti
Registered
Rep
Drives: C230K SC

this is only for models with manual gearbox, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

I compared the stock rear fascia vs the G-Power photos, and the only difference I could see was the change from dual tip single exhaust to a single tip dual exhaust. Did I miss something?

Did they modify the existing rear fascia or did they put a new one on?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 03:56 AM   #9
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
I compared the stock rear fascia vs the G-Power photos, and the only difference I could see was the change from dual tip single exhaust to a single tip dual exhaust.
Actually the 35i comes with a dual exhaust as standard, so no change there either.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #10
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I think G-Power is a bit late to the N54 tuning party.
Why not just throw a JB3 or PROcede on it and let it really rip.
What level HP are they getting with those packages?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Appreciate 0