New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #111
doogee
Major
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 328xi Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
i've never seen such rabid fanboyism.

You are literally one of the worst type of people/

"Interesting tech"
FACIAL RECOGNITION?! NO WAI!! It's almost like the stuff that has been out since forever.
"FACIAL RECOGNITION?! NO WAI!! It's almost like the stuff that has been out since forever."

Ummm no other device on the market has facial recognition as advanced as this. Not even close.

Watch how quickly android device manufacturers copy this. (not a bad thing).

Android users laughed and teased about the removal of the headphone jack, well isn't it funny how almost all big brand Android OEMs have dropped it now?

Both platforms copy eachother, which is a good thing.
      10-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #112
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:

It's just a phone.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #113
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
"FACIAL RECOGNITION?! NO WAI!! It's almost like the stuff that has been out since forever."

Ummm no other device on the market has facial recognition as advanced as this. Not even close.

Watch how quickly android device manufacturers copy this. (not a bad thing).

Android users laughed and teased about the removal of the headphone jack, well isn't it funny how almost all big brand Android OEMs have dropped it now?

Both platforms copy eachother, which is a good thing.
I have an Iphone 7 Plus. I don't care about brands, but snapchat has facial recognition software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
It's just a phone.
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #114
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
facial recognition software.
I guess ignorance is bliss?

You don't care to understand how technically superior or different something is, and for that you blame fanbois? Do you drive a Corolla because it has a steering wheel just like a BMW does? or are you capable or evaluating which one is better?

You haven't even used it yet or understand how it works, you are the fanboi if you ask me, or just a hater.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #115
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Do you think corporate would make a change in the last week lol? They can't answer a single question on the launch, availability etc... Also, why doesn't the actual fucking store get the phones on display a week early so that people can see what they are actually buying? They literally get the phone on NOV 3 when its' available to order OCT 27.
Do you not understand how a pre-order works?
Lots of other companies do this, not unique to apple or smart phones.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #116
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

iPhone 6 owner. I replaced my battery last month (A$119), which ended up being a swap for a full refurb phone. Good for another two years

Will upgrade in Sep 2019 if the iOS doesn't cripple it first.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #117
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
iPhone 6 owner. I replaced my battery last month (A$119), which ended up being a swap for a full refurb phone. Good for another two years

A few years ago, I replaced the battery myself on my iphone 5 for $12 USD. A couple months later, Apple issued a recall on the battery even though the phone was out of warranty, but I had already replaced it myself, otherwise it would have been free.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #118
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I guess ignorance is bliss?

You don't care to understand how technically superior or different something is, and for that you blame fanbois? Do you drive a Corolla because it has a steering wheel just like a BMW does? or are you capable or evaluating which one is better?

You haven't even used it yet or understand how it works, you are the fanboi if you ask me, or just a hater.
How much experience do you have with it? Oh, right you went into an Apple store and all 10 minutes completely changed your life and made you an expert.

What a joke.

This is another gimmick because Apple isn't innovative. I'll pass on this phone, it will do nothing to enhance it's usability or my life.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #119
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:

A few years ago, I replaced the battery myself on my iphone 5 for $12 USD. A couple months later, Apple issued a recall on the battery even though the phone was out of warranty, but I had already replaced it myself, otherwise it would have been free.
I make my money with my head. This was cheaper than attempting it myself and needing to buy a brand new phone
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #120
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:

Do they automatically give you a new refurb if your battery is shot? My battery is toast and I'd much rather do this.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #121
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:

"It's more powerful"
Yeah dude, that candy crush app starts all of .002 seconds quicker.

"new design"
It's a disposable phone that looks like another disposable phone.

"Interesting tech"
FACIAL RECOGNITION?! NO WAI!! It's almost like the stuff that has been out since forever.
Wrong. Where the A11 flexes its muscles are in video processing and other much higher computing power apps like augmented reality. Who cares about Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram? No one is talking about those. Those are lightweight apps. You know nothing about phones if you don’t understand Apple’s enormous advantage in computing power in mobile. It isn’t close.

When App developers start unleashing the A11’s insane multi core potential, you’ll see the advantage in the real world. This is one reason iphones run well for so many yeaes and Android lags like hell. As proof, go look at the secondary market for used iPhone versus Android. Not close.

Their facial recognition is nothing like facial recognition we’ve seen in phones to this point, period.

It’s clear you really have no idea what you’re talking about and see facts as being a fanboy.

I own Android phones and have given them every chance in the world. Going back to Apple and can’t wait. I’d buy an iPhone 7 before anything Android at this point. Just awful.

But those aren’t facts...the A11 being 2 years ahead of the Snapdragon 835 and Exynos is a fact. Apple has brilliant silicon, period. Their phones aren’t the flashiest and most innovative, but they are by FAR the most powerful.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 08:42 PM   #122
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

buy and sell if you can get your hands on one.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #123
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have an Iphone 7 Plus. I don't care about brands, but snapchat has facial recognition software.
Ok, now it’s confirmed you literally have no clue what you’re talking about and I’m done with you.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 08:46 PM   #124
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuespeedgti View Post
buy and sell if you can get your hands on one.
Why would I take away the chance for someone else to have it just to make a few hundred bucks?

Appreciate 1
      10-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #125
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I want to wait personally but I don't know for certain.

I am pretty tired of my iPhone 7 Plus size, I much prefer the size and shape of my Galaxy S8.

Although I would definitely be bothered by the annoying notch at the top of the iPhone X and the price. So... we'll see.

Oh also. Galaxy phones do lag a little regardless. As I said I have both the S8 and iPhone 7 Plus and the 7 Plus has no noticeable lag, and is better at multitasking. S8 starts lagging a little once you do multiple things at the same time. I had the Galaxy Note 5, and Galaxy S7 Edge before my S8. I have owned iPhone 4, 5, 6, and 7 Plus. iPhones in general are stronger in speed and mutlitasking. Its lacking the amazing looks of the Galaxy phones (especially the S8. I LOVE the S8 looks) but as the galaxy phone ages, it becomes more and more laggy. I noticed this pretty fast with my S7 Edge. I don't generally have that problem with my iPhones but then again my either of phones aren't completely filled with "things".
      10-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #126
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Why would I take away the chance for someone else to have it just to make a few hundred bucks?
im sure it will be this years unattainable Christmas gift
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #127
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Do they automatically give you a new refurb if your battery is shot? My battery is toast and I'd much rather do this.
No. I booked in 2 hours before closing time and was kept waiting for 30mins. A battery change takes 2 hours so there wasn't enough time and they were going to ask me to make another appointment. I pushed back and they did the swap instead. Bought a new screen protector while I was there :thumbs up:

Phone swap was A$649.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #128
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

https://www.androidauthority.com/app...ndroid-804469/
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #129
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Wrong. Where the A11 flexes its muscles are in video processing and other much higher computing power apps like augmented reality. Who cares about Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram? No one is talking about those. Those are lightweight apps. You know nothing about phones if you don’t understand Apple’s enormous advantage in computing power in mobile. It isn’t close.
You mean the apps used my the majority of people?
Oh and that's what I'm worried about - using my mobile phone to do things better suited for my computer - go on, tell me more.

Quote:

When App developers start unleashing the A11’s insane multi core potential, you’ll see the advantage in the real world. This is one reason iphones run well for so many yeaes and Android lags like hell. As proof, go look at the secondary market for used iPhone versus Android. Not close.
I have an Iphone now - but what does this have to do with a chipset that 99% of consumer will not notice or use - and the other 1% would be better served doing things on a platform made of actually productivity.

Quote:
Their facial recognition is nothing like facial recognition we’ve seen in phones to this point, period.

It’s clear you really have no idea what you’re talking about and see facts as being a fanboy.

Facial recognition is facial recognition.
Yes, you are a fanboy, because outside of unlocking the phone, you've yet to provide me a pracitical application for any of these "innovations"

Quote:
I own Android phones and have given them every chance in the world. Going back to Apple and can’t wait. I’d buy an iPhone 7 before anything Android at this point. Just awful.
Uh, I didn't bring up andriod at all - I just think you're a fanboy getting excited about another device that is slightly improved over the previous model with no discernible difference in performance for the majority of consumers.

Quote:
But those aren’t facts...the A11 being 2 years ahead of the Snapdragon 835 and Exynos is a fact. Apple has brilliant silicon, period. Their phones aren’t the flashiest and most innovative, but they are by FAR the most powerful.
Uh...ok? Who cares? Can it run snapchat and FaceBook

Quote:
Ok, now it’s confirmed you literally have no clue what you’re talking about and I’m done with you.
OH NO- APPLE'S FR Software is BETTER! And? How does this actually change what I said? Is it revolutionary? No, we already have apps that use FR .

OP is a joke.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #130
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
How much experience do you have with it? Oh, right you went into an Apple store and all 10 minutes completely changed your life and made you an expert.

What a joke.
Do you have to drive a 180hp 4cyl Corrolla and a 560hp TT v8 M5 to know which one is superior or can you tell from the specs?

It's the same thing, you look at how facial recognition is done and if you understand it you can tell which one is better (assuming you have half a brain).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #131
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
OH NO- APPLE'S FR Software is BETTER! And? How does this actually change what I said? Is it revolutionary? No, we already have apps that use FR .
Since you prefer to be spoon feed, open wide for a spoon full for knowledge.....
It has a 3d depth sensor, where as others use 2D tech looking at it like a picture, so a picture can fool it.
the 3d depth sensor maps 30k points on your face to identify a match. More points than a finger print reader uses to identify a match.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #132
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You mean the apps used my the majority of people?
Oh and that's what I'm worried about - using my mobile phone to do things better suited for my computer - go on, tell me more.

I have an Iphone now - but what does this have to do with a chipset that 99% of consumer will not notice or use - and the other 1% would be better served doing things on a platform made of actually productivity.

Facial recognition is facial recognition.
Yes, you are a fanboy, because outside of unlocking the phone, you've yet to provide me a pracitical application for any of these "innovations"

Uh, I didn't bring up andriod at all - I just think you're a fanboy getting excited about another device that is slightly improved over the previous model with no discernible difference in performance for the majority of consumers.

Uh...ok? Who cares? Can it run snapchat and FaceBook

OP is a joke.
"Facial recognition is facial recognition."

You are just greatness.
Appreciate 0