New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
stablearchitecture
Rep
Drives: Sdrive 35iS - loaded

Garage List
Upgrading Speakers with Nav fitted - 35iS

Despite having owned way too many cars think of over the years I've never posted a question or a new thread on a forum before, so please forgive me if I last question that has been answered somewhere else.

I've just bought a 12 month old 35iS that has been fitted with virtually every option, but oddly enough still has the standard six speaker package. The car is a 2011 model year and is fitted with I drive and satellite navigation.

Unfortunately I'm used to much better speaker packages but this car was too good to pass up so decided to buy it and worry about the speakers later. The existing speaker package is okay but I suspect when I drop the roof down in the summer I will find it disappointing.

So I've been doing some research looking through the forums for the last couple of days and I could do with some help.
I would like to install a plug and play Amp, it looks like the Blaupunkt plug and play amplifiers will do the job but not sure which wiring loom I would need. I'm getting conflicting information, has anyone out there installed a Blaupunkt plug and play amplifier into a car that is fitted with standard speakers and navigation?
The looks to be plenty of instruction on how to fit it, but I need to make sure that it would actually connect into my system without having to cut any of the wiring.

I want the car to look OEM when I finished.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

i know theres a guy in this forum who made a big upgrade whit the sound system i think is name is entrepreneur or something like that. You can search in the members list.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
stablearchitecture
Rep
Drives: Sdrive 35iS - loaded

Garage List
Thanks, I looked him up and he looks to have done quite a bit of additional installed in the boot. Because I'm new to the forum I can't send him a private message at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Appreciate 0