New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
Randywake1
Stin
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

lets name a date for a HK meet!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #24
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Oh, I thought you guys could just drive past the boarder with a HK license plate. Mine has Chinese license plates and left hand drive, so I know I will not be able to drive into HK. But maybe I could go without my car...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjørn View Post
Oh, I thought you guys could just drive past the boarder with a HK license plate. Mine has Chinese license plates and left hand drive, so I know I will not be able to drive into HK. But maybe I could go without my car...
Asbjørn, we need a special license to add to our HK cars to be able to cross the borders driving.. You are certainly welcome to join our ride (w/out your car)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randywake1 View Post
lets name a date for a HK meet!!!!!!!!!!
March 3rd ? It's a Sunday, I put the date off, so everyone has time to read that post and make time for the meet..!!!

If you are ok with that date, let's open a new thread for a HKG meet.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #27
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Totally up for that. Would be nice to meet other fellow members.
      02-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #28
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR/Gallardo Spyder/X5

sounds good to me..still think my suspension is too soft.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #29
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep

Great, I opened a new thread under the general discussion for the meeting on March 3rd.
Let's mark our calendar for that and work out something. Post your idea of what we can do on that there so we can get more z4 owners on board.

asiakid: what did you drive before your Z4? Are you comparing your Z to it maybe? There is a difference between feeling soft and really shifting on the corners at the speed of 150 km/h..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #30
Gunzaro
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Speed Racer

Stock suspension is too soft for competition use. Z4 was intended to compete with SLK not Boxster for example. More of a cruiser. But upgrade = much better cornering I am sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #31
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR/Gallardo Spyder/X5

my most recent car was a f10..and it feels similarly..less boatish obviously. But it really is the twitch that occurs..its not the shift point because I hold the gear sometimes when I am in a turn..but its the way it reacts if the pavement isnt perfectly smooth (like if you cross a sewer cover) or if you are turning and you are on an incline or decline.

Suspension is definitely soft..way too much lean even on the stiffest setting. the previous car had kwv3's though..so maybe that was it. I don't think the car has too many problems on a straight line or gradual turns..but when doing winding roads with constant S turns theres definitely rub..but it definitely could be my 20's
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #32
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep

I think I understand what you are describing.
You certainly cannot compare your previous KWV 3 to an OEM (non-adaptive) suspension.
I have on KWV3 and I think the car does great cornering at a reasonable high speed (the max I did at CWB was 170km/h)
I guess the 20's are too big for our Z.. But again, as some members have mentioned, I suggest you check your alignments to start with. You might want to want to adjust your camber degrees as well...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #33
juxtapose
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z4

i have to agree with you Asiakid, i do feel the car is too soft and i do have adaptive suspension. To be honest i hardly feel a difference between comfort / sport. I never really gone into sports+. When i go into a corner there is too much body roll. At high speeds i do feel floating and not too comfortable. I am going into Asia in the June would def like to meet some of you guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #34
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose
i have to agree with you Asiakid, i do feel the car is too soft and i do have adaptive suspension. To be honest i hardly feel a difference between comfort / sport. I never really gone into sports+. When i go into a corner there is too much body roll. At high speeds i do feel floating and not too comfortable. I am going into Asia in the June would def like to meet some of you guys.
Juxtapose, sounds like you are running on the RF tires??
Let us know when you are in town, maybe we can arrange something...
Appreciate 0