New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Finally went ahead and installed it...well my wife did cuz I'm not going to compete with her in terms of sewing skills. Thanks again to OP army_men for the great recommendation. Turned out looking amazing and very cost effective. Installation was really straight forward and it took my wife about an hour with me "supervising" lol. What I really regret is forgetting to request not having their damn logo. The logo isn't as obvious as the picture shows but still. For those looking for increased girth and better materials without breaking the bank, this is a great mod.

I'm gonna order another one for my Fx and my friend's GTI.

Are the sewing holes in place for following the pattern?
Do they give you a pattern to follow?
Do they give you the string for sewing?
Do you use a standard needle for sewing for something special to get a tight fit.?
I want to do this but I am afarid that my sewing skills are not worthy of a GREAT Install.
2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #24
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RIDER View Post
Are the sewing holes in place for following the pattern?
YES
Do they give you a pattern to follow?
YES, and a DVD
Do they give you the string for sewing?
YES, they provide all necessary tools
Do you use a standard needle for sewing for something special to get a tight fit.?
Needle is provided
I want to do this but I am afarid that my sewing skills are not worthy of a GREAT Install.
Find a woman, lol.
In general I think anyone with fingers can do this.
      08-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #25
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
Hey that turned out great!. love it!

Quote:
Finally went ahead and installed it...well my wife did cuz I'm not going to compete with her in terms of sewing skills. Thanks again to OP army_men for the great recommendation. Turned out looking amazing and very cost effective. Installation was really straight forward and it took my wife about an hour with me "supervising" lol. What I really regret is forgetting to request not having their damn logo. The logo isn't as obvious as the picture shows but still. For those looking for increased girth and better materials without breaking the bank, this is a great mod.

I'm gonna order another one for my Fx and my friend's GTI.

08-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #26
haspi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: SDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelrodriguez View Post
YOu should order one for me and l will transfer the money on paypal....
I want one as well...Full leather, no logo, beige stitching to match interior. Something like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #27
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

That's probably what I would do too if I had a second run at it. Definitely doing this for the Fx.
      08-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #28
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

So anyone doing a group buy on this? I'd be interested but I'm bad enough at English to even try a foreign website :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #29
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
So anyone doing a group buy on this? I'd be interested but I'm bad enough at English to even try a foreign website :-)
This. Would be interested as well.

In regards to the install... how do you get under the trims? Do you have to take them off first or..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
This. Would be interested as well.

In regards to the install... how do you get under the trims? Do you have to take them off first or..
Don't need to take the trim off. You just need to wedge the excess fabric inside with a tool they provide.
      08-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #31
Swervd
Private
Rep
Drives: E89

Thats awesome!!! Great job on the install guys. If we get a group buy, I am definitely in. I got to have this one: full leather, no logo, silver stitching.

If we don't get a group buy going, Army men or Nkc, if you would be so kind to order me one, I will paypal you for the cost, shipping and a little extra for your trouble, kindness and general bad-ass-edry
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #32
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Don't need to take the trim off. You just need to wedge the excess fabric inside with a tool they provide.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #33
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
I'm paying a premium through the forwarder to order from taobao, so buying through me would just add another middle man, the price and shipping time wouldn't be worth it because the item would probably travel to Canada first.

Let me look into this more, maybe the forwarder can send item directly to your address instead. I'll calculate the cost for now.

easier way is to have a chinese member who is able to buy from taobao directly. and he can send the package to you guys.
      08-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #34
Swervd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by army_men View Post
I'm paying a premium through the forwarder to order from taobao, so buying through me would just add another middle man, the price and shipping time wouldn't be worth it because the item would probably travel to Canada first.

Let me look into this more, maybe the forwarder can send item directly to your address instead. I'll calculate the cost for now.

easier way is to have a chinese member who is able to buy from taobao directly. and he can send the package to you guys.
Thanks a lot man. I know nothing of order from taobao or dealing with the third party shipper. I went to indaigou.com after reading your post but that site is also in chinese. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #35
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

I would be interested in a buy also.
2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #36
castilla
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

i want to buy it
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #37
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Hi guys,

I'll do it for you guys if we get at least 5 people interested. I'll get them to ship to my place and I'll ship it out individually. I don't know what the shipping will be from Hong Kong to the US. Total cost for it to be shipped to my place is about $xxx and additional shipping will be added for the US part. I'm not going to profit from anything, just doing you guys a favor. I also don't have a paypal acct so I'll have to open one up too.

For those who are interested, start a list and the spec you want. Please don't make it too complicated and would be awesome if you could stick with the originals. I'll ask them to take the logo off. When we do get to over 5 people, PM me with your address and I'll get more info about the shipping.

Last edited by Nkc; 08-31-2013 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #38
HABANEROTE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 09 35i

Garage List
2009 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1st here!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #39
haspi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: SDrive35i

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'll do it for you guys if we get at least 5 people interested. I'll get them to ship to my place and I'll ship it out individually. I don't know what the shipping will be from Hong Kong to the US. Total cost for it to be shipped to my place is about $65usd and additional shipping will be added for the US part. I'm not going to profit from anything, just doing you guys a favor. I also don't have a paypal acct so I'll have to open one up too.

For those who are interested, start a list and the spec you want. Please don't make it too complicated and would be awesome if you could stick with the originals. I'll ask them to take the logo off. When we do get to over 5 people, PM me with your address and I'll get more info about the shipping.

I'm in!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #40
Swervd
Private
Rep

Yep...I'm in! Thanks Nkc!

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'll do it for you guys if we get at least 5 people interested. I'll get them to ship to my place and I'll ship it out individually. I don't know what the shipping will be from Hong Kong to the US. Total cost for it to be shipped to my place is about $65usd and additional shipping will be added for the US part. I'm not going to profit from anything, just doing you guys a favor. I also don't have a paypal acct so I'll have to open one up too.

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #41
rodsmith123
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm in as well! All black leather, no logo and silver thread.

Thanks Nkc, Really nice of you to help us out. There is no way I could figure out the web site.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #42
HABANEROTE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 09 35i

Garage List
2009 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Ok so now what send PM with descriptions?

I need your Paypal and the amount I guess. Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #43
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

So right now the list is:
1) davelrodriguez
2) haspi
3) Swervd
4) rodsmith123
5)

I'll get it started when it reached 5. Also a friendly reminder that this is the only time I will do this so there's no second run. I'm assuming you guys want all leather, no logo, silver stitching?
      08-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #44
hiltonfa
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2011 3.0 Sdrive

Quote:
So right now the list is:
1) davelrodriguez
2) haspi
3) Swervd
4) rodsmith123
5)

I'll get it started when it reached 5. Also a friendly reminder that this is the only time I will do this so there's no second run. I'm assuming you guys want all leather, no logo, silver stitching?
Nkc I'd really like one, only problem I'm in South Africa. Would it be possible for you to ship one over. Thanks
Appreciate 0