New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #23
toplessrydr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E89 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT View Post
My baby is back, new DCT transmission and all. Absolutely transformed its now beyond smooth with no judder or vibration of any kind. Event the thud and jerk in D1 is gone when setting off and coming to a halt. This is how she should have been delivered...
Good to know. So all shifting is smooth? Enjoy your "transformed" as it should be smooth DCT.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #24
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplessrydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT View Post
My baby is back, new DCT transmission and all. Absolutely transformed its now beyond smooth with no judder or vibration of any kind. Event the thud and jerk in D1 is gone when setting off and coming to a halt. This is how she should have been delivered...
Good to know. So all shifting is smooth? Enjoy your "transformed" as it should be smooth DCT.
Cheers and yea it's a level above smooth all the time now. I knew how it was before wasn't right. Not bad enough to make it fail or be uncomfortable but I just couldn't fathom how BMW would make an arguably better auto box that was more jerky than a traditional auto box. Now I have a car that's so smooth it make me go wow.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #25
toplessrydr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E89 35i

I will be taking my Z back soon for another look. It still make a thunk on the downshift to first and those vibration still drive me nuts. The SA stated that wear on the tires will make the tranny shift rough (?) too. WTF??? Is this for real? Got new rear shoes today and will give her a run this weekend to see if it improves.....doubt it.

Got the rear camber adjust to max and was only able to go -1.5-ish. So far it's not affecting the ride with my driving. Maybe it's me but the new shoes with the camber adjust seemed to soften up the ride a bit. I installed RFT again. Don't ask.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #26
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Weirdest thing.
I had a judder go through the car (almost like bad fuel but smoother) when I was accelerating.
I eased off and tried again but there was no problem from then on. My first thought related to my mystery exploding trim, but then I remembered seeing this thread topic.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #27
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

I think if its a one off I'd not worry. My previous DCT though did its vibration thing in a reproducible way at low speeds every time. Thankfully a thing of the past with this new transmission (and I hope it stays that way).
Appreciate 0