New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

NO 3rd GEN Bridgestone RFTs in UK until 2012 earliest

As an update to my earlier post, I phoned Bridgestone UK today and put the following questions about future availability of 3rd GEN RFT Bridgestone Tyres:-

Is this product available soon?
NO, this product is currently ONLY available in Japan to a select few vehicles as Original Fitment
Are they available anywhere else in the world?
NO.
Do you have any idea as to when they might become available?
Sometime next year at the earliest.

Bridgestone UK had no idea as to why it's taking so long to bring them to market.
Perhaps they are watching other manufacturers and waiting to jump on next technology? Who knows.............
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Victor1 View Post
As an update to my earlier post, I phoned Bridgestone UK today and put the following questions about future availability of 3rd GEN RFT Bridgestone Tyres:-

Is this product available soon?
NO, this product is currently ONLY available in Japan to a select few vehicles as Original Fitment
Are they available anywhere else in the world?
NO.
Do you have any idea as to when they might become available?
Sometime next year at the earliest.

Bridgestone UK had no idea as to why it's taking so long to bring them to market.
Perhaps they are watching other manufacturers and waiting to jump on next technology? Who knows.............

BS UK is you a line of bull. Might have something to do with the riots.

Both 225 & 255 17" are currently shown as "in stock" at Tire Rack in the US. Here's a link to the info.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....wall=Blackwall

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
BS UK is you a line of bull. Might have something to do with the riots............
Bull? Sure looks like it - that's twice I've phoned Bridgestone now with different responses each time, just b. poor marketing/knowledge.
Are you considering using this tyre?

Riots? No.
Like anything the world over, the speed of communications and media brings matters like this into our living rooms quicker every day, other life goes on as normal.
We just need to ban the use of certain types of clothing ("hoodies") in peaceful demonstrations.
Thousands of arrests (using video evidence) and courts working through the night handing down some heavy sentences on indictment.
Lots of communities doing good things to recover situation.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
And Bridgestone Australia claims they have been selling them here for over a year...

I'm currently hummng and harring to see if I replace my rears with a set of Gen III RFT or PIrrelli non-RFT for the next year while the front RFT gen II's wear out.

(Now if only I can figure out why my rear's wear out so fast...)

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
integraworks
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 s35i

After the piss poor performance of my OEM BS Potenza RFT's (They were worn out with only 12,000 Kms on them) I switched to Pirelli P-Zero RFTs. Not only are they just as sticky but they offer a far more comfortable ride and are standing up very well. 7,000 Kms on them so far and all is good.
Appreciate 0