New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

front windows don't work

Driver's and passenger's side windows don't work (but the small ones do): is this a blown fuse? Anyone experience this prb and how to solve it? Thx.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
If you are stuck at home with it, I would call Roadside Assistance. They might help you over the phone.

I've not had this problem.

Once I had problems with my M3 front driver seat, I called them and they helped me out okay

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Thx. I fooled around w/ the windows w/ the key fob inserted (I usu don't since I have comfort access) and it seems to be fixed now. Whew.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Glad to hear it ... well done!

have a nice weekend some cool weather moving in .... going to the air show? should be a nice day.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Hi Tranquility,

By the way, you may want to insert your key fob into the slot from time to time as it actually charges the fob battery (no replacing the battery in this fob like other cars).

Thought you'd like to know
Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Glad to hear it ... well done!

have a nice weekend some cool weather moving in .... going to the air show? should be a nice day.
Thx. There's an air show? Do you mean at the Ex?

I'm looking fwd to the car show, I guess that's in Feb?

It may be a bit rainy these next few days, but the wkend looks good. I'm becoming a bit of a convertible addict, so frown whenever I see that there is a chance of rain. I'm gonna start a thread about convertible addiction shortly lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marien View Post
Hi Tranquility,

By the way, you may want to insert your key fob into the slot from time to time as it actually charges the fob battery (no replacing the battery in this fob like other cars).

Dave
Thx, I'll make sure to do that.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marien View Post
Hi Tranquility,

Dave
Unless you have comfort access?
Over here at least those cars with the comfort access dont have a re-chargable battery - just a long life battery that gets changed at the dealer...
The manual states "requires changing from time to time".
Not sure how often this is... ANyone had to change theirs yet?

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
Over here at least those cars with the comfort access dont have a re-chargable battery - just a long life battery that gets changed at the dealer...
The manual states "requires changing from time to time".
Not sure how often this is... ANyone had to change theirs yet?
I have comfort access so that's why I almost never insert the key fob into the car's slot. I read that the fob is 'self-charging' but not sure what that means? I guess I just experienced a weird glitch. It's gone now.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
Over here at least those cars with the comfort access dont have a re-chargable battery - just a long life battery that gets changed at the dealer
Feel a bit silly now having inserted the key fob into the slot couple of times to recharge it. Anyway, you can change the battery yourself. No dealer required for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I have comfort access so that's why I almost never insert the key fob into the car's slot. I read that the fob is 'self-charging' but not sure what that means?
That means the world's energy problem has been solved and I should dump my Duracell stock asap......or that the non-comfort access keys automatically recharge whenever they're in the key slot.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #10
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhap View Post
That means the world's energy problem has been solved and I should dump my Duracell stock asap......or that the non-comfort access keys automatically recharge whenever they're in the key slot.
I'm just as confused as you lol. No idea. Anyway, I refuse to insert the key fob into the slot unless a glitch reappears (hope not). I like having that keyless entry ftn.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #11
suvidh
Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i , 2011 f10 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhap View Post
Feel a bit silly now having inserted the key fob into the slot couple of times to recharge it. Anyway, you can change the battery yourself. No dealer required for that.

I have booked the F10 5 series and it comes with semi comfort access by default. And when i test drove the car, couldnt locate any slot to insert the key FOB. By semi what i mean is that the car start stop operats with the key fob in the car, however the doors unlock / lock feature is not given.

I wonder how this FOB charges? Maybe there is a place in the center console for storing the FOB. maybe that doubles up the charging function.

Will know better when i get the car next week.

S
Appreciate 0