New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #1
Karen and John
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

RHD Headlights

Hello.

Newbie to the forum.

Just picked up my new Z4 sDrive 23 in Space Grey with Coral Leather. On the whole very pleased with the car.

I have a question for members based in the UK. This might seem a very stupid question, but there is reason to my madness! My car is RHD but has been purchased in the UK for personal export to Portugal. Now I am not sure which headlights the dealer has fitted! Please could anyone with a RHD Z4 in the UK post the serial numbers on the headlight units please so I can ascertain exactly which headlights I have? I cannot seem to tell from the dip pattern, although nobody has been flashing me at night and I have now driven it both in the UK and in Spain and Portugal!

Also, the handbook indicates that there is a lever at the back of the Xenons to flatten the dip pattern, as was available in my previous BMWs, Jaguar, RRs and Minis. I could not find the lever when I looked and then I found a separate printed sheet with the owner's manual stating that blanking strips have to be used on the headlights. Does anyone know anything about this issue?

Many thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

John
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
Toodeep
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: sDrive 35i DCT

Maybe this will help a bit:

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E8...ing/headlight/
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
Karen and John
Rep

Thanks for the reply. The site you sent me to seems really useful. However, I cannot find the BMW part number on the headlights, only a Hella part number attached to the top of the light assembly!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
michal12
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 M40i

I am pretty sure there is only one kind of xenons for both RHD and LHD cars.
There either is a mechanical switch or it may be doable via iDrive (as in latest Audis).
So if your manual suggests there is a lever there should be one even ehn you cannot see at the first sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and John View Post
Thanks for the reply. The site you sent me to seems really useful. However, I cannot find the BMW part number on the headlights, only a Hella part number attached to the top of the light assembly!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
Karen and John
Rep

Anyone in the UK be kind enough to open their bonnet and post the Hella serial numbers on the headlights?

Many thanks to all you UK guys 'n' girls in anticipation ....
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

Numbers!

Here you go!

Now, I can't get any of these numbers to bring up a part on the internet.
Here they are anyway.

On each headlight housing under the bonnet there is a PAPER label with countless numbers...but the closest I can see that might relate to a specific part number is as follows:
ON LHS (looking fwd):- 7-191-735-08
ON RHS (looking fwd):- 7-191-736-08

However, I suspect those numbers might relate to the H8 filament.

Embossed on the PLASTIC sealing strip on top of the headlight glass is the following:-

ABOVE INNER HEADLIGHT UNIT
ON LHS (looking fwd):- PP GF TPE 168-887-01 LI (for links?)
ON RHS (looking fwd):- PP GF TPE 168-887-02 RE (for rechts?)

ABOVE OUTER HEADLIGHT UNIT
ON LHS (looking fwd):- S5/3450/41L
ON RHS (looking fwd):- S5/3450/41R

Let me know if this doesn't help and I'll dig deeper. There are other numbers embossed deep down onto the plastic housing behind the Xenon housing but I would need a mirror and less rain to get those.

All the best,

David
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Karen and John
Rep

David,

Very many thanks for the post!

I am away on business at the moment but will be home at the end of the week.

I will check out the numbers then.

I cannot remember the exact numbers that I noted down from the headlight units - from memory they are similar to the ones that you have quoted - I also googled the numbers and also did not find anything useful!

Many thanks for your time and effort; I really appreciate it.

Regards,

John
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #8
Karen and John
Rep

David,

The numbers on my headlights are the same as the ones that you kindly posted.

Looking from the front of the bonnet towards the back of the car, I have got the following 3 arrow patterns on my headlight units:

7-191-735-08 -> -> -> i.e. all 3 arrows pointing to the nearside for a RHD car being driven on the left hand side of the road
7-191-736-08 <- <- -> i.e. 2 arrows pointing to the offside, 1 to the nearside, for the above situation

which I assume must be the dip pattern? If you could have one last look on yours to confirm, that would be really helpful.

Thanks,

John
Appreciate 0