New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #45
STR3T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 sDrive30i

Two issues:

1. Left side paddle shifter is loose and sometimes goes into manual on its own. It's half broken. I'll call a local dealer to see if this isn't covered under the CPO Warranty. I was already going to replace the trim as the aluminum was flaking...so either way. I assume there's nothing else that would need replaced, but not sure exactly how/what they're hooked up to inside. I tapped the shifters maybe 4 times before I noticed it went wonky.

2. 12 volt metal sleeve is very loose. Comes out of the socket 3-4 cm or so, but so far has always gone right back in and has worked every time. Easy fix/replacement part. Some sites note this may be a Euro vs US spec thing. Is this my quick fix: 61346977682 (part#).

Other than these...she's running really great. Smooth pick-up and idle. Brakes feel like they're grabbing really well.
Appreciate 0