New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #23
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

You may have already answered this, but how do you plan on monetizing the app? Data mining? Ads?
      07-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #24
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Apple already has this feature it is call Find Friend and it works great it shows you where your friend are and let them see your location as well.

IF that is not good enough for you Waze has a location sharing feature which you can send people your location and then they can use it to navigate to you, also you can send people your location and it will provide them ETA and your currently location as you travel to them or the place you are heading to. It now has a feature which will tell you how many of your friend are online using Waze and where they are heading too.

If you cheating on your significant other remember to disable these features since you could come home to an empty house.
This.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #25
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyc View Post
Yup! Didn't work the thing out with my company, but have not looked back at all. Thanks for the support! Couple pics of the place I got in Taipei
Sweet digs! Too small, though. Which is why I could never live in a major metropolitan area.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #26
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Very nice, congrats.
      07-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #27
timmyc
SW20 to BL to E92
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtn View Post
This.
Find My Friends requires both people to have Apple devices, require both parties to know each other's email addresses, and don't automatically expire the meet once you have physically met. Our app is very lightweight and easy to pick up and use. We require only three taps to start a Jink, your friend's phone number (instead of email address) which is already pulled from your contacts book, and privacy concerns built into the app, with an expiration timer as well as an auto-meet algorithm. Find My Friends was inspiration for Jink, but the use case for all location sharing apps is a little different, and we saw some room for an app like ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
You may have already answered this, but how do you plan on monetizing the app? Data mining? Ads?
The app is free, non-ad supported, and SMS/Push notifications/databases/other server stuff cost money. A larger user-base would definitely attract investors. An acquisition would be ideal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Very nice, congrats.
Thank you! Hope you like the app
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #28
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
This seems like a pretty good idea, we will have to take a look on how to implement it, thanks!

Can't give you the details on e90post lol
np, feel free to pm me to find out where to mail my check haha jk
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #29
timmyc
SW20 to BL to E92
Taiwan
Rep

Just wanted to give a quick thanks to the guys who downloaded the app and shared it with their friends. We just made the App Store front page's Best New Apps category!!

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #30
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Just wanted to give a quick thanks to the guys who downloaded the app and shared it with their friends. We just made the App Store front page's Best New Apps category!!

What was your role in making the app? Programmer?, Artist?, Researcher? Sales?
      07-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #31
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
The app is free, non-ad supported, and SMS/Push notifications/databases/other server stuff cost money. A larger user-base would definitely attract investors. An acquisition would be ideal...
I like the app. Waze is continuing to innovate their "track your friends" features. How do you plan to compete long term with Waze, which offer similar features and have over millions of users? Or even Glympse, which has over 1 million downloads and a large user base?

Do you currently have any investors or VC?

What are your plans long term with the app? Find an alternative way to monetize like special features for paid users?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #32
timmyc
SW20 to BL to E92
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I like the app. Waze is continuing to innovate their "track your friends" features. How do you plan to compete long term with Waze, which offer similar features and have over millions of users? Or even Glympse, which has over 1 million downloads and a large user base?

Do you currently have any investors or VC?

What are your plans long term with the app? Find an alternative way to monetize like special features for paid users?
ygpm
Appreciate 0