New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

06-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #45
z4drvr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 z4

My fridge makes noises all night
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #46
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

how my dog acts like a maniac in her kennel when she sees a fly in the house....

worst thing ever - and she's hard headed so when you yell at her to STOP, she only gets even more agitated....

one day I'm gonna go all Mexican on her, load her up in the car and drop her off in the hood......
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #47
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Celery in tuna. What the fuck.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #48
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Lone behold a grammar nazi! "Could of" is correct for all intensive purposes.
Haha. So much fail in two short sentences. Well done.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #49
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I always find it obnoxious when someone brings popcorn into a movie that pretty much requires complete silence. Think "paranormal activity." I had the first couple of movies in that series completely ruined because someone inevitably thinks it's OK to munch on crunchy popcorn throughout the movie.

The funny thing is these people are almost always aware that they're being rude and obnoxious. They'll try to show some sort of sensitivity to others around them. During regular dialogue you'll hear "*crunch* *crunch *crunch*"

Whenever the movie becomes quiet and it's clear that there's going to be a ghost appearance in the next 1 or 2 minutes, you'll hear "...*cr...u...nch*..........*crunch crunch* ................... *cr...........unch*"

as though crunching more quietly and between longer intervals does anything to appease other peoples' annoyance.
I honestly can't even go to the movie theater anymore. Everyone there annoys me and it becomes such a distraction that I've been forced to throw in the towel.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #50
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Celery in tuna. What the fuck.
Celery in anything. Can't stand the stuff.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #51
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
I honestly can't even go to the movie theater anymore. Everyone there annoys me and it becomes such a distraction that I've been forced to throw in the towel.
Speaking of movie theaters. I went to watch 22 Jump Street with a few buddies of mine. Some dude (stranger) next to me was obnoxiously drunk and at times blurted out things. The buddy he came with was sitting in a different row because the theater was packed. Anyhow, he sometimes leaned on me or move his arm over and scathed me with it. He was doing the same things to the guy on the other side of him.

I figured he was drunk and didn't know better so I tried to put up with it, until...maybe he thought I was his buddy and was trying to get my attention by punching my leg or something. Anyhow, when he moved his hand over and tried to lightly hit my thigh (or so I hope), it scathed my tip...my fucking tip!! At that point I was like "dude wtf man!!" I was about to get up and get security but some couple already called them. Long story short he and his buddy got kicked out. His buddy was pissed because he didn't get to finish the movie.

But yeah...I got molested at the movie theaters. Lol
The guy was a drug addict or something and had just spent 6 months in jail.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #52
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

People who fart and pretend nothing just happened. I heard you...at least say sorry.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #53
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Something I was just doing 5 minutes ago... trying to cut a mango that is too ripe. Fuck.. the shit just liquifies in your hand and slips all over the place. It pissed me off so much, I just threw it away and grabbed a beer.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #54
markus037
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2010 328Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
People who fart and pretend nothing just happened. I heard you...at least say sorry.

im guilty of that one..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #55
iatros
Private
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue 2008 E92

I thought I was the only one who hated the sound of styrofoam breaking or rubbing! Arghh!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #56
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Cilantro.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #57
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

flaky friends. Mostly people who are late all the time and arrive like its alright because their time is more valuable than yours while you make the effort to be 10-15mins early.

When I was younger, I've calculated that I've waited a total of 24 hours for 1 friend in 1 year. This is when everyone had cell phones. No longer friends anymore.
      06-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #58
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I try not to let much bother me. Really can't think of much other thannnn....

I DON'T LIKE WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS, THOUGH. ARE YOU YELLING AT ME, OR TOO DUMB TO FIND THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #59
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Cilantro.
There. Wifey loves it. I hate it.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #60
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

when my wife puts a new roll of toilet paper on and its hanging at the bottom and not over top...

when my wife buys new clothes and her tags lie all over the place where she put them on...

when my wife buys new cups and she puts it in the dishwasher but doesn't take the tags off of them ....

seems like i gotta have a talk with the wife
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #61
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

When you're talking to an American as a European and they tell you they're from Ireland. Or from the UK. Or from Germany. Or they're a quarter Irish, a quarter French, 1/8th Norwegian, 7/45ths Polish and 3/545ths Italian.

"Oh really, where in Ireland were you born"
"Well, I was wasn't born in Ireland"
"So you're not Irish then?"
"Well, my father is Irish and my mother is Polish"
"Oh, so where in Ireland was your father born"?
"Well, he was born here in Lincoln, Nebraska"
"Oh, so where in Poland was your mother born?"
"Well, she was born here in Atlanta, GA"
"So you're American and so are both of your parents"
"Welllllllllllllllllllll my father's father's mother's aun't sister's nephew's dad once visited Ireland"
"SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP"

Cannot stand it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #62
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
how my dog acts like a maniac in her kennel when she sees a fly in the house....

worst thing ever - and she's hard headed so when you yell at her to STOP, she only gets even more agitated....

one day I'm gonna go all Mexican on her, load her up in the car and drop her off in the hood......
Why do you put her in prison?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #63
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Sandwiches that do not stay together. Don't call it a sandwich if I have to eat it with a fork.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #64
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
When you're talking to an American as a European and they tell you they're from Ireland. Or from the UK. Or from Germany. Or they're a quarter Irish, a quarter French, 1/8th Norwegian, 7/45ths Polish and 3/545ths Italian.

"Oh really, where in Ireland were you born"
"Well, I was wasn't born in Ireland"
"So you're not Irish then?"
"Well, my father is Irish and my mother is Polish"
"Oh, so where in Ireland was your father born"?
"Well, he was born here in Lincoln, Nebraska"
"Oh, so where in Poland was your mother born?"
"Well, she was born here in Atlanta, GA"
"So you're American and so are both of your parents"
"Welllllllllllllllllllll my father's father's mother's aun't sister's nephew's dad once visited Ireland"
"SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP"

Cannot stand it.
I agree and disagree, depending on the situation. I always joke with my buddy who is of Italian descent (has an Italian flag on his car, talks like he's on the Sopranos, and has never been to Italy) that he's only Italian when he's in the US, because the second he steps off the plane in Italy he'll realize how not-Italian he is.

That being said, there's a difference between being from a place and being born in a place and it depends on the context of the conversation. People often hear my last name and ask if I'm Irish - is the correct response that I'm American? They would look at me like I'm some asshole because most people in this country are "American" by your definition.

On the flip side, if I run into Dutch people, I might tell them that my mother was born there but I would never say "I'm Dutch" as that would sound pretty silly, so I do agree on that front.

This country is somewhat unique in that nearly everyone here is from somewhere else. Brasil and Argentina are similar in that they had a large European influx around WWII. Like Gisele Bundchen... she's famous as a Brazilian model but her ancestry is 100% German.

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 06-23-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #65
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Where ever I go, I'm fucking chinese lol.
      06-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #66
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
I agree and disagree, depending on the situation. I always joke with my buddy who is of Italian descent (has an Italian flag on his car, talks like he's on the Sopranos, and has never been to Italy) that he's only Italian when he's in the US, because the second he steps off the plane in Italy he'll realize how not-Italian he is.

That being said, there's a difference between being from a place and being born in a place and it depends on the context of the conversation. People often hear my last name and ask if I'm Irish of Scottish - is the correct response that I'm American?

On the fip side, if I run into Dutch people, I might tell them that my mother was born there but I would never say "I'm Dutch" as that would sound pretty silly, so I do agree on that front.
Your buddy sounds like the stereotypical "American-Italian" which is a complete 180 compared to real Italians. I think he'd be shocked if he'd ever set food in Italy; better not crush his dreams!

So when people ask you if you're Irish or Scottish, what do you tell them? The correct answer would be that you were born and raised in America, but that your mother was born in the Netherlands and that your father is of (insert correct countries) descent.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread