New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

06-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #23
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Lip smacking while eating and talking with mouth full. Oblivious to food/sauce around mouth.

I've noticed these eating habits at my school. In some cultures, smacking lips, slurping, talking with mouth full is a signal that the food is good, however it drives me nuts. Just the idea that they do it intentionally is bizarre.

The slurping is so exaggerated when eating noodle soup and drinking. The lip smacking can be so loud, it's like they are putting in an extra effort to let people know they are eating something.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #24
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
It also drives me nuts when people pronounce Ralph Lauren like it's French. It's pronounced like the common American girls name.
That bugs me too lol

Also people using words like "irregardless" drives me nuts
People who say "good" when they should use "well" bother me
I also don't like when people fail to use possessives when speaking.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #25
chillbil79
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBlaine
Sitting here watching tv, and a Lay's commercial comes on (potato heads eating chips). I have to mute the tv anytime something like this comes on.

I simply can NOT stand hearing crunching. It sends me over the edge instantly. I carry headphones around wherever I go for exactly this reason. I also make sure that any commercial or ad like that, never gets a dime from me.

I'm sure others have similar problems. I met a bartender that has a similar issue, where his ears would bleed to sounds like this. Kind of crazy, but I can definitely relate.

So, what gets to you?
Ill add to your crunching sound you hate

I hate "bag noise" , when people are digging into their bag of chips when your trying to watch movie. Bags of popcorn.

I'm gonna go eat some chips out of a bowl to calm down !
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #26
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Traffic and lines (I guess they are one in the same) are really the only things that make me want to rage.

Other than that I couldn't care less how many utensils you require to eat your meal or any kind of noises you might make while doing so. Hell if you want to eat it with your hands while squealing like a pig go right ahead, dinner and a show.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #27
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

I HATE lines and traffic. More lines than traffic. In traffic I'm in my car so it makes me a bit happy
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #28
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

styrofoam is the worst thing ever created, whenever i hear it i cringe and part of me dies inside

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

When people abbreviate things to sound cool. Like saying "cab sav" instead of Cabernet Sauvignon. Or "Brussels" as opposed to Brussel sprouts.

I was at CUT in Las Vegas recently. The robots who work there handed me an iPad instead of a menu. It riled me: am I at McDonalds at the drive-through??? I let them know I did not appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #30
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Mispronounced words drive me fucking insane.

It's espresso, not expresso.
It's chipotle, not chipulte. The T is BEFORE the L!

Perhaps more annoying is that my name is Evan and about 50% of the time that I see someone write it down they write "even". You know what e-v-e-n spells and it isn't Evan. They don't even sound similar. It's four fucking letters and people just can't get it right. It's not like "Kerry" or "Christine" where there are like five different ways to spell it.
Along these lines, "could of, should of, would of." There is no such f**king usage as that!! It's could've, should've, would've or the complete could have, should have, would have.

It really burns me when I see some newspaper or magazine article that quotes someone saying "could've" and prints it "could of."

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #31
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Along these lines, "could of, should of, would of." There is no such f**king usage as that!! It's could've, should've, would've or the complete could have, should have, would have.

It really burns me when I see some newspaper or magazine article that quotes someone saying "could've" and prints it "could of."
Totally with you on that one. Drives me nuts!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #32
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:

That 'proper' usage would date to around the time of your avatar pic

America's Top model or whatever was on, the bunch of 20 year olds screaming - I could not stand it, at 35 I finally sense a generation gap with the youngest bunch of adults
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #33
markus037
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2010 328Xi

people without manners for the most part. maybe im a dying breed, but i was raised to say "please" and "thank you". also ask before taking things, nothing is entitled to anyone.

a few other things are assholes who leave junk and dont clean up after themselves, people who cant chew without letting the entire room know they are eating, airheads who dont pay attention because they too busy reading their twitter, facebook, instagram or whatever then almost walk into you and have no idea what they almost did and just keep on going.

I live an apartment complex and the walls are pretty thin here and I understand people live their lives but I dont know why people let their front doors slam when im trying to relax at night, that just goes right through me. Have some respect for other tennants you dipshits. parents that let their kids do whatever they want when they want.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #34
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'll +2 on that!
I also am bothered by those who do not know when to use "less" and "fewer".
Others that get to me:
Further vs farther
Affect vs effect
People who misuse "irony"
And there are still those who do not understand "neither/nor" and "either/or"

A corporate phrase that I do not like but hear quite often is "to your point"
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #35
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:

Lone behold a grammar nazi! "Could of" is correct for all intensive purposes.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #36
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Lone behold a grammar nazi! "Could of" is correct for all intensive purposes.
Lol @ intensive purposes and "lone"

Nicely done
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #37
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

I always find it obnoxious when someone brings popcorn into a movie that pretty much requires complete silence. Think "paranormal activity." I had the first couple of movies in that series completely ruined because someone inevitably thinks it's OK to munch on crunchy popcorn throughout the movie.

The funny thing is these people are almost always aware that they're being rude and obnoxious. They'll try to show some sort of sensitivity to others around them. During regular dialogue you'll hear "*crunch* *crunch *crunch*"

Whenever the movie becomes quiet and it's clear that there's going to be a ghost appearance in the next 1 or 2 minutes, you'll hear "...*cr...u...nch*..........*crunch crunch* ................... *cr...........unch*"

as though crunching more quietly and between longer intervals does anything to appease other peoples' annoyance.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #38
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

All the women who constantly flirt with me and can't take "no" for an answer. Seriously - I'm only one man, and there is only so much I can do!

Oh, and I hate VW and VW products. All of them. (Except Porsche)
I mean, extreme range hate.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #39
NickBlaine
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I always find it obnoxious when someone brings popcorn into a movie that pretty much requires complete silence. Think "paranormal activity." I had the first couple of movies in that series completely ruined because someone inevitably thinks it's OK to munch on crunchy popcorn throughout the movie.

The funny thing is these people are almost always aware that they're being rude and obnoxious. They'll try to show some sort of sensitivity to others around them. During regular dialogue you'll hear "*crunch* *crunch *crunch*"

Whenever the movie becomes quiet and it's clear that there's going to be a ghost appearance in the next 1 or 2 minutes, you'll hear "...*cr...u...nch*..........*crunch crunch* ................... *cr...........unch*"

as though crunching more quietly and between longer intervals does anything to appease other peoples' annoyance.
I haven't been to a movie theater in years...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #40
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Women who put their feet up on the dash or out the window.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #41
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Women who put their feet up on the dash or out the window.
THIS.

Feet are disgusting enough as it is. I don't need or want to see them.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #42
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
THIS.

Feet are disgusting enough as it is. I don't need or want to see them.
Not only is it disgusting, it's incredibly dangerous. Head on collision and you're dead or paralyzed for life. They should be handing out tickets for the person doing it and everyone in the car for letting it happen.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #43
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

The improper use of

They're
Their
There
Appreciate 0