New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #89
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
My dad had the cash, (The car was bought on cash) .
In person or online, statements like that are going to get a reaction and you should be ready for more of the same as you are driving around your z4 (haters gonna hate, et cetera)

Btw,
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #90
jvilla107
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 Skyscraper/Magma

Garage List
2023 BMW 430i GC  [8.00]
2023 BMW Z4  [9.93]
Where are the pictures?
No pictures... No car!

Last edited by jvilla107; 04-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: Smiley added
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #91
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

By tonight, I'll have pics up, I swear it!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #92
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
5 years old? It was a 2010...3 years old...well, since they usually start selling the year before their model number, I guess it could be 4 years old. Could my parents have bought me a 2014 Sdrive35is? Absolutely. Would they? Not after my sister totaled her brand new IS350 within 6 months. She didn't end hp spoiled and unable to fend for herself. She went to a reputable 6 year Med program and is currently in residency. She would argue that having nice things has motivated her to KEEP ON GOING in order to be able to provide the same nice things for her kids. Whatever, anyway, the point is that everyone usually gets a reward for doing something that their parents ask of them. That reward is always within the parents means. (Not always , but usually.) My dad had the cash, I did what was asked of me and they got me the car. Plain and simple. Yeah, they could have made me get a job to try to make the payments, but why pay interest? (The car was bought on cash) And yeah, I suppose one could argue that I shouldn't get anything for graduation because im SUPPOSED to graduate. I also have never had a grade below A in high school, I'm graduating with a projected 4.3 GPA. (Actually, I got a C Junior year. Whatever, it was Ceramics, unimportant haha) My parents aren't paying a cent for my college. So why not? Should I reward myself for all the hard work by driving a junker? Should I ignore the fact that I was never allowed to really participate in the social aspect of high school? Did anyone here go to their Prom? Yeah, I didn't. I wasn't allowed. I feel like the car was a good trade-off for every experience I have not been allowed to have. Say what you need to say, but that's my opinion. Yeah, I complained a little about the power. So? It's not like I marched up to my parents and told them that I hate the car. No, I just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think of the power in your respective vehicles. Should I have mentioned how I got the car? I think not. But should it matter? At the end of the day, were all here because we want to be apart of a community of individuals who share a similar passion. I have to say, I'm "a little disappointed" in this community. Have a great day, guys. Sorry if I offended.
This episode of, When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

Oh how I wish I was 18 again. Oh the stupid things I said in the past, the things I thought I knew, oh how those views have changed so much over the years. A rich little sheltered kid thinks he knows it all, he must be special.

So btw how do you plan to pay for med school on your own as you mentioned? You really think working hard in high school really makes you deserve anything? Not being able to attend any social aspect of high school is your own choice, could possible be your attitude that made it easier. Im sure a lot of people here didn't attend their prom, I sure didn't simply because I dropped out of high school to get a job so I could eat. But if you're bitching about prom then you got much bigger problems ahead of you in life. I guess this is what they call "internet bullying" nowadays.
      04-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #93
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
This episode of, When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

Oh how I wish I was 18 again. Oh the stupid things I said in the past, the things I thought I knew, oh how those views have changed so much over the years. A rich little sheltered kid thinks he knows it all, he must be special.

So btw how do you plan to pay for med school on your own as you mentioned? You really think working hard in high school really makes you deserve anything? Not being able to attend any social aspect of high school is your own choice, could possible be your attitude that made it easier. Im sure a lot of people here didn't attend their prom, I sure didn't simply because I dropped out of high school to get a job so I could eat. But if you're bitching about prom then you got much bigger problems ahead of you in life. I guess this is what they call "internet bullying" nowadays.
My Prom example was just the most recent I could think of because it was this past weekend. I also never once said I would be paying for Med school on my own. I meant my undergrad is paid for. However, there also are ways to get Med school paid for. I've already begun studying for my MCAT, which I plan to take at the end of Freshman year. I want to do undergrad in 3 years. I plan on doing a LOT of research with my family and using them to build connections. I've already got a job set up this summer with my uncle doing research. I have a plan for my life. So I may be a "A rich little sheltered kid" that thinks he knows it all, but I think i'll be good. I'm really glad to know that my decisions, attitude, and "bitching" are affecting you so deeply though. Honestly, I'd be fine with my life if I don't grow up and end up like you, a grown man who has some problem with an anonymous kid on the internet... Have yourself a nice night, good sir.

And is there any way I can just upload the pics directly from my phone? I'm not about to take the time to resize all of these photos to put them on here. They're all about 2X bigger than is the limit for this forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #94
R1robot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5i

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #95
R1robot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5i

Quote:
And is there any way I can just upload the pics directly from my phone? I'm not about to take the time to resize all of these photos to put them on here. They're all about 2X bigger than is the limit for this forum.
upload them http://tinypic.com/ you can resize to "message board"
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #96
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1robot View Post
Man, I'd kill my Dad if he got me the wrong color. How dare her Dad pull that on the poor girl? Her reaction is totally justified...I'd take it a step further, just totally trash the car. In fact, I'd knock my Dad out for having the gall to present me with something unworthy of someone of my status. I feel you, R1robot. Your input was just what I needed. Let's show these guys how horrifying the wrong car can be. Let us take a moment of silence for this poor girl.

My genius username. Don't even comment on the dirt. Try living in Arizona.

Filling up at the gas station and an E85 pulls up to the scene behind me.

All sorts of loving messages left by my friends. Sorry I couldn't upload the pic of the male genitalia. That one was the best LOL

I'm a photographer. I should be on instagram...

#hashtag

I park in the back, come out, and he or she has parked next to me. I door dinged him on purpose when I left...

YEAH, I DIDN'T ROTATE THEM. FIGHT ME.

I'll get better pictures when I get this poor thing washed. Right now, it's dustier than my elbows...
I would also like to add that this thread has gotten the second most views of all the threads I bothered to look at. You guys make me feel so popular, i'm blushing! Well, you can't tell because i'm brown, but whatever.

Last edited by keepittrill; 04-22-2013 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #97
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

I predict another round based on pics...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #98
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
I predict another round based on pics...
Yeah, I'm pretty much expecting it. I made damn sure to pick only the best pictures I have...but I truly don't care!

Last edited by keepittrill; 04-23-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #99
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Now that I have pictures up, the thread is no longer worthless!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #100
Vbar
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Why does everyone care so much about this guys story. He posted questions regarding his z4 and everyone wants to know about his prom or that his dad paid cash? poeple calling him "son"... some pretty disrespectful comments. A lot of people talking talking tough and reckless behind a keyboard. be easy poeple.

Last edited by Vbar; 04-23-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #101
z4z4z4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

Rotated Pix

Last edited by z4z4z4; 02-04-2015 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #102
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4z4z4 View Post
I'm confused. Did you just resend all my pictures? Haha
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #103
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:

I park in the back, come out, and he or she has parked next to me. I door dinged him on purpose when I left...
Srsly, you dinged the guy just because s/he wanted to park next to another BMW twin? Wow...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #104
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Srsly, you dinged the guy just because s/he wanted to park next to another BMW twin? Wow...
I was joking. You really didn't catch that? LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #105
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

Quote:
I knew you were joking, but as they say, in every satire there is modicum of truth.

Don't be offended when another car of the same ilk does that, it's a sign of respect. I park as absolutely far away from most entrances as possible, typically by myself. If I come out and see another nice BMW, or Porsche, or Ferrari (that's happened, twice actually) parked next to me, I know it's a silent nod to the type of owners we are. It says, without speaking, "I know you're not an idiot, you know I'm not an idiot, so we can safely park next to each other, vs next to any of the other 1564 cars in this lot that surely are owned by idiots".
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #106
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbetoni View Post
I knew you were joking, but as they say, in every satire there is modicum of truth.

Don't be offended when another car of the same ilk does that, it's a sign of respect. I park as absolutely far away from most entrances as possible, typically by myself. If I come out and see another nice BMW, or Porsche, or Ferrari (that's happened, twice actually) parked next to me, I know it's a silent nod to the type of owners we are. It says, without speaking, "I know you're not an idiot, you know I'm not an idiot, so we can safely park next to each other, vs next to any of the other 1564 cars in this lot that surely are owned by idiots".
I know what you mean. I'm really afraid to park in certain places sometimes. It is nicer knowing someone will take extra care around your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #107
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Good, I'm glad that you're joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbetoni View Post
+1 Exactly, no prb w/ that at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #108
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
the sarcasm is not working. and you clearly "don't care"
      04-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #109
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by army_men
the sarcasm is not working. and you clearly "don't care"
Man, you're telling me at 18 you would have cared what people said to you over the Internet? Sure I respect the advice and opinions, but why would I "care" about anything negative someone says on here?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #110
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Quote:
...why would I "care" about anything negative someone says on here?
Because it just may tell you something important about what people value in the world you're about to enter. You won't always be cossetted by the implicit empathy of those of your age cohort, you know. It has something to do with the understanding of men gained by kids who used to caddy golf on the weekends instead of hanging with their friends. You'll probably have to ask around on that one ...
Appreciate 0