New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

E89 Body Upgrade Products Availability

I have looked everywhere for Front Lips and Rear Diffusers. It seems that 3D is the only tuner company with a product offering available without changing the full bumper covers.

I am looking for a nice, paintable Urethane or would prefer a CF Front Lip and Rear Diffuser that will work with/fit over my stock 2009/ NON M bumpers for both the F and R and for use with the stock/base dual exhaust system, which I like.

I do not want nor need to pony up $4,500 for a Quad exhaust nor upgrade to the F and R M style bumper covers for these upgrades. I like the base bumpers covers, I just want to upgrade them in a clean manner using stock components as my base.

Has anyone ever used one of the QUAD Diffusers by adding on via welding a 2nd exhaust tip to the stock muffler to act as a fake tip? since you cannot see the exhaust tip base and cannot see the welds?

I would rather NOT but I am tryng to think out of the box with a sanitary upgrade without breaking the bank.

I know that these cars are very limited which I love, but even so the upgrade product choice's are so limited and so costly, its disappointing at best. I guess you gotta pay to play.
Attached Images

2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
yep. you found the best set already. I just had that diffuser installed yesterday. it adds a lot to the rear of the car i must say, very satisfied with the non M upgrade.

The fit isn't exactly plug and play though, I took it to a bodyshop and it took them a few days to finally fit it. costing me a few hundred big ones. I dont have the quad exhaust tip installed yet, I bought a set from a good member here but I'm too busy to get around to it just yet.

you know what, it doesn't look too bad with the stock two exhaust tips. You may just swap to a larger diameter tip and call it a day. I'm liking my setup right now. Gonna wait till this silly snow storm to be over to snap some photos. yea, Snow storm in April, wtf.
      04-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep

Good to hear.

Did you buy the $480 US dollar diffuser from Ebay?
09 10 11 12 13 BMW E89 Z4 BSD-D3 LOOK CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER LIP

Or the real thing from 3D?

Can you send some pictures of the diffuser with the stock exhausts?

What was the bodywork needed for the install? Fiberglassing/ Reconfiguaration-Cutting of the OEM bumper?
2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

I would never go the 3d design route for several reasons. What I would go with is these guys in the link below out of the UK. Prices are very good and quality is top notch.

In pound
700 for lip
350 for skirts

I didnt ask about the rear as they dont have one made for the dual exhaust. Needless to say you are nuts to pay 4500 for the boys over at 3d design.

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewto...p?f=23&t=47261

Last edited by VailM3; 04-12-2013 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep

VailM3
Do you have a Contact email address that I can send a message to for these products?
Looks like all products are made to order?
Also seems like most of the posts are older.
I would be interested in the some of these products but to make contact with the business owner for discussion, especially since I am located in the USA.
Thanx
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RIDER View Post
VailM3
Do you have a Contact email address that I can send a message to for these products?
Looks like all products are made to order?
Also seems like most of the posts are older.
I would be interested in the some of these products but to make contact with the business owner for discussion, especially since I am located in the USA.
Thanx
Its randy the guy on the 1st post. Thats his red z4
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
R1andy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E89 23i

Hi folks
Its my body kit
I made it because everything for the E89 is a complete rip off and I feel like people are taking advantage of us.
Splitter £699
Skirts £350
Rear diffuser £450
I will not deliver you must arrange pick up , it is far to much hassle from me
I make everything to order with aprox 4/6 weeks lead time
Any one interested hhiandy@hotmail.com

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RIDER View Post
Good to hear.

Did you buy the $480 US dollar diffuser from Ebay?

Or the real thing from 3D?

Can you send some pictures of the diffuser with the stock exhausts?

What was the bodywork needed for the install? Fiberglassing/ Reconfiguaration-Cutting of the OEM bumper?
I bought mine from a vender in China, through AliExpress, Shane Chen from BSD Auto Part Co., Ltd was the correspondent i spoke to to get a decent price. It's basicly a fiberglass molded diffusor/lip with a layered carbon fiber finish. The rear fit was fine, it took the bodyshop (not a very experience one, probably the last time i visit there) a good 2-3 days to trim the stock rear bumper for the bigger quad tip gap and the find the right places to bolt on the diffuser. The diffusor itself needed some minimal trimming to not fight with the stock mufflers. it was a job most any bodyshop should be confident in.

btw the rear alone was 400 dollars shipped. will shoot some pics as soon as weather in Toronto decides to clears up.