New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
HpDellNestle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Seems like Rolf implied that those feature can be easily replaced and may not be useful. If that is the case, I disagree. It is like saying you can replace Iphone/smartphone with a laptop, a gps, a cellphone, and a portable wifi.
I like the integrated homelin since i don't need an extra stuff in an already small car. I like the built-in Nav more and more, especially after getting the BMW remote app. Is it overpriced? yea... A bit. But by no mean easily replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
My car came with the huge clown nose (boo! My wife's X3 has a much less-obtrusive one) and universal garage door buttons. It's auto-dimming, and the rain sensor lives in its mount and peers out through the windshield.

It does not have a compass, but since I have a nav system that gives me the same orientation data along with far more, that doesn't seem like much of a loss.
My iPhone has a great compass and my old garage door opener lives/fits nicely in my ashtray (no need for anything else since I stopped smoking many years ago so as they say all is good). As for the Navigation, my TomTom serves me well here in North America and Europe when I need it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #24
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HpDellNestle View Post
Seems like Rolf implied that those feature can be easily replaced and may not be useful. If that is the case, I disagree. It is like saying you can replace Iphone/smartphone with a laptop, a gps, a cellphone, and a portable wifi.
I like the integrated homelin since i don't need an extra stuff in an already small car. I like the built-in Nav more and more, especially after getting the BMW remote app. Is it overpriced? yea... A bit. But by no mean easily replaced.
HpDellNestle

You do make a valid point, however, what I do mean there are more then one way to skin a cat one needs to be able to compromise. Would I like to have the idrive with the Navi, yes it would be nice. The compass readout in the mirror, yes again it would be nice. The fact is I purchased my last my last three BMW's from the dealers inventory near the year's end. I find that one can get the best deal that way on those high end cars. So as you can see if one purchases a car like this one cannot always have everything

So if I am lost I shall consult my iPhone and my TomTom and if the former will let me down there is always the atlas ... or as many of us do or have done just keep on driving until we are found again

I'm also a strong believer that too many gadgets in the end lead to frustration. I rather spend my time on the road and doing other things then spending it in the garage getting things fixed

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #25
HpDellNestle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Quote:
HpDellNestle

You do make a valid point, however, what I do mean there are more then one way to skin a cat one needs to be able to compromise. Would I like to have the idrive with the Navi, yes it would be nice. The compass readout in the mirror, yes again it would be nice. The fact is I purchased my last my last three BMW's from the dealers inventory near the year's end. I find that one can get the best deal that way on those high end cars. So as you can see if one purchases a car like this one cannot always have everything

So if I am lost I shall consult my iPhone and my TomTom and if the former will let me down there is always the atlas ... or as many of us do or have done just keep on driving until we are found again

I'm also a strong believer that too many gadgets in the end lead to frustration. I rather spend my time on the road and doing other things then spending it in the garage getting things fixed
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #26
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agree
I knew you would agree with that being a practical man and all

Have fun with your wonderful car

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #27
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

sorry Rolf... had to do it...

09-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #28
flpnout
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
The dealership could not get it to work without retrofitting and running a new harness through the roof panels. I can live without it. It was a nice try, but apparently if you did not get premium package, you do not have the correct wiring harness to accommodate the home link.

Last edited by flpnout; 09-16-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #29
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
The dealership could not get it to work without retrofitting and running a new harness through the roof panels. I can live without it. It was a nice try, but apparently if you did not get premium package, you do not have the correct wiring harness to accommodate the home link. They said that the e46 is possible.
flpnout .... Ah so ... my SA was right then when he said to me "It cannot be done"

Memphis ... it's okay no worries I'll stick with my iPhone and the TomTom (the TomTom only since the voice of the lady is so sexy - if it was not for her voice my iPhone also has a great GPS).

Appreciate 0