New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #111
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Firstly, I don't usually "hang with friends" on the weekends. I rarely "hang with friends". My weekends usually consist of studying, which I find a more valuable thing to do than "caddy" for people. If you've taken a look at my "age cohort", you'd see nothing but stoners and people who plan on majoring in art or music to "follow their dreams". (Seriously, my generation is full of the softest people ever. I'm not saying I'm John Wayne or anything, but seriously...) I wouldn't say I really identify with my "age cohort".
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #112
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
YEAH, I DIDN'T ROTATE THEM. FIGHT ME.

I'll get better pictures when I get this poor thing washed. Right now, it's dustier than my elbows...
I would also like to add that this thread has gotten the second most views of all the threads I bothered to look at. You guys make me feel so popular, i'm blushing! Well, you can't tell because i'm brown, but whatever.
I don't get it... You don't care, yet you are screaming for attention. No one wants to fight you, and no one even mentioned anything about your pictures. You brought up your "race" for no reason, as if it's supposed to dignify something. As others have said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your parents getting you a car. And I wasn't going to comment on this thread because it should have ended about 4 pages ago, but your attitude and the "I'm 18, I'm young, hip, cool and pretend I don't care about the internet even though I really do" doesn't sit well with me... at all. I had to comment. Why is it relevant your Dad paid cash? You mentioned that... twice.... in consecutive sentences. Your Dad being successful doesn't make you any more right or for us to have any more respect for you. I actually wanted to on your success in high school, your goal in becoming a physician, and glad you got such a fantastic car. But damn, dude, calm down. You're not impressing anyone. Guess what, I have an i6 TT. #BeatsYourSlow30i HASHTAG HASHTAG HASHTAG ####PAID CASH##### NO LOANS //////M

That is exactly how you come off to the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #113
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbar View Post
Why does everyone care so much about this guys story. He posted questions regarding his z4 and everyone wants to know about his prom or that his dad paid cash? poeple calling him "son"... some pretty disrespectful comments. A lot of people talking talking tough and reckless behind a keyboard. be easy poeple.
No one asked about his prom or how his Dad paid for the car. He brought those up himself, attempting to use them as feeble excuses to defend his.. oh I don't even know what it is.... coolness, manhood?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #114
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
YEAH, I DIDN'T ROTATE THEM. FIGHT ME.

I'll get better pictures when I get this poor thing washed. Right now, it's dustier than my elbows...
I would also like to add that this thread has gotten the second most views of all the threads I bothered to look at. You guys make me feel so popular, i'm blushing! Well, you can't tell because i'm brown, but whatever.
I don't get it... You don't care, yet you are screaming for attention. No one wants to fight you, and no one even mentioned anything about your pictures. You brought up your "race" for no reason, as if it's supposed to dignify something. As others have said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your parents getting you a car. And I wasn't going to comment on this thread because it should have ended about 4 pages ago, but your attitude and the "I'm 18, I'm young, hip, cool and pretend I don't care about the internet even though I really do" doesn't sit well with me... at all. I had to comment. Why is it relevant your Dad paid cash? You mentioned that... twice.... in consecutive sentences. Your Dad being successful doesn't make you any more right or for us to have any more respect for you. I actually wanted to on your success in high school, your goal in becoming a physician, and glad you got such a fantastic car. But damn, dude, calm down. You're not impressing anyone. Guess what, I have an i6 TT. #BeatsYourSlow30i HASHTAG HASHTAG HASHTAG ####PAID CASH##### NO LOANS //////M

That is exactly how you come off to the rest of us.
"Fight me" is a phrase! And your reply was honestly the best one I've read so far hahaha you tore me apart, and for that I give you props. And also, the "popular" comment was a joke too. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make a joke): Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #115
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
#BeatsYourSlow30i HASHTAG HASHTAG HASHTAG ####PAID CASH##### NO LOANS //////M

Glad you aren't a troll OP
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #116
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz

Glad you aren't a troll OP
Nope, not a complete troll!(; #hesright #theTTwins #itsstillaTT
(Kidding, the TT is a sick car. I'd love me a TT RS)
If I wanted to impress you guys, I would just post pictures of my rock hard, chiseled body...that's enough to make anyone jealous
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #117
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Right... and my point exactly.

Nick - I was born a troll.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #118
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Can we all sign a digital pledge to not contribute to this thread any longer? We're only feeding this guy's need for attention and it's getting sickening.
I PLEDGE TO END THIS THREAD.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #119
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1
Can we all sign a digital pledge to not contribute to this thread any longer? We're only feeding this guy's need for attention and it's getting sickening.
I PLEDGE TO END THIS THREAD.
No...don't end the thread...please...I have nothing else in my life...please...you can't do this to me, man
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #120
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
Can we all sign a digital pledge to not contribute to this thread any longer?
Post count, baby. Might come in handy some day.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #121
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
so i cant pay for my car if i "majored in art€" ? can some one explain to me how would some one succeed in life with such lack of fundamental respect and piss poor attitude. sickening is a understatement.
      04-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #122
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Ok i'm gonna switch teams here since its not fair for the kid anymore. Statistically speaking, rich kids with superior education will have a higher chance of success than poorer kids with mediocre education. They are also given much more opportunities from their peers, family, and people in the field. If you guys want to read into this a bit more you can try Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. If his path is to become a doctor of some sort, he really doesn't need to respect people nor will he fully learn to until he steps out of his little bubble. With a long and prestige heritage of doctors in the bloodline, I can safely say they are more well off then the people they deal with on a daily basis, therefore they are more "successful" than most or all of the people around them. So with such a piss poor attitude and a lack of fundamental respect, does a prime example like this succeed in life? Highly probable.
      04-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #123
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

being from a rich family is an amazing leg up... being able to use capital instead of or in addition to labor to generate income is a tremendous advantage.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #124
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc
Ok i'm gonna switch teams here since its not fair for the kid anymore. Statistically speaking, rich kids with superior education will have a higher chance of success than poorer kids with mediocre education. They are also given much more opportunities from their peers, family, and people in the field. If you guys want to read into this a bit more you can try Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. If his path is to become a doctor of some sort, he really doesn't need to respect people nor will he fully learn to until he steps out of his little bubble. With a long and prestige heritage of doctors in the bloodline, I can safely say they are more well off then the people they deal with on a daily basis, therefore they are more "successful" than most or all of the people around them. So with such a piss poor attitude and a lack of fundamental respect, does a prime example like this succeed in life? Highly probable.
10,000 hours! Yeah, Outliers is an amazing book, I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something to read. (Sorry, off topic.)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #125
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by army_men
so i cant pay for my car if i "majored in art€" ? can some one explain to me how would some one succeed in life with such lack of fundamental respect and piss poor attitude. sickening is a understatement.
An art degree in a world like this is simply not a practical thing to have. In a world where Ivy League graduates hold entry level jobs in the food service industry while they look for careers, an art degree would do you no favors. In terms on potential income, of course. If someone's fine living a very spartan existence, then more power to them! Just don't complain about the "1%" and how the rich get richer when you made what I personally believe is a poor choice when it comes to college.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #126
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Sorry, I didn't get it.

Last edited by jannisa; 04-24-2013 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #127
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Sarcasm and jokes are clearly lost on you. You really think I door dinged someone? Why would any sane person ACTUALLY do that? Sweet lord...learn to take a joke. Body comment? A joke? The TT comment? A joke. I clearly said in the NEXT line that the TT is a sick car.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #128
R1robot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5i

trashy mom = keepittroll
guy using camera = mods

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e06_1359380173
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #129
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
I don't really think this has anything to do with rich family. Of most of the kids from a wealthy family I met, they were very very well mannered and received the highest level of education. Non of them behaves under their age. And i use the word wealth here because that's on another level of just rich. Modesty is their first lesson in retaining family wealth, if u mouth off stupidly you'd get smacked no matter how old you are. Only the poor has to buff up their appearance to seem rich to others, the wealthiest ones you will never be able to tell. they are way past showing it off to others.
      04-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #130
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1robot
trashy mom = keepittroll
guy using camera = mods

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e06_1359380173
The link doesn't work? And I'm being compared to a trashy mom? LOL sick...just what I was going for. Damn, how long have we been off topic? 5 pages now?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #131
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

wow, i just read through all 6 pages of that? Those are moments I will never get back. Thread adds nothing to this community imo. Enjoy the car. I wish I had a car that nice when I was 18 instead of my 15 year old Chevy..but then again, I would never get a ticket because the car would never go over 65 mph without shaking all the bones in my body. It felt nice. haha I will now never look at this useless thread again.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #132
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108
wow, i just read through all 6 pages of that? Those are moments I will never get back. Thread adds nothing to this community imo. Enjoy the car. I wish I had a car that nice when I was 18 instead of my 15 year old Chevy..but then again, I would never get a ticket because the car would never go over 65 mph without shaking all the bones in my body. It felt nice. haha I will now never look at this useless thread again.
Hey, thanks! I will enjoy it(:
Appreciate 0