New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #23
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Awesome, GOLFFRR. Sounds like we are pretty similar in size and body type.

I've done that routine before myself - put on significant weight, cut fat, net some muscle, but I've found it to only be sustainable for a short time. When I get back to serious triathlon training and really target a low body fat percentage, the muscle mass just naturally goes down as well. Never tried it with a coach before though, so your post has definitely taught me something that I'll keep in mind if my goals change in the future.

Be sure to post again when you reach you body fat percentage goals - I am very curious to know how it goes for you. Good luck with it all!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10719.50
      05-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #24
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Awesome, GOLFFRR. Sounds like we are pretty similar in size and body type.

I've done that routine before myself - put on significant weight, cut fat, net some muscle, but I've found it to only be sustainable for a short time. When I get back to serious triathlon training and really target a low body fat percentage, the muscle mass just naturally goes down as well. Never tried it with a coach before though, so your post has definitely taught me something that I'll keep in mind if my goals change in the future.

Be sure to post again when you reach you body fat percentage goals - I am very curious to know how it goes for you. Good luck with it all!
Triathlons are insane you my friend are amongst a very small percentage who can hang in those mad props but like you said you burn so many calories you would have to be in such a surplus to sustain I can only imagine! Mad props to you tho

I play golf everyday so it's a little easier for me to sustain, so far.
Def will keep you posted I'm on my last week of cut now. I had a dexiscan done last week and I was 9% at 181.3lbs so pretty lean. Prob net 5-6 pounds of muscle when I done which seems to be pretty good.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
mkoesel7505.50
      05-24-2017, 04:54 PM   #25
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
They have a model of 5lbs of fat at the gym. Every time I leave, I'm sure to "pet" it, so it gets used to being left there at the gym.

Somehow, it keeps finding its way home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
its crazy what 5lbs of fat actually looks like right!
Thanks for helping me do some research.

Wow! I have some weight to lose!

Ok - time to go to the gym haha bye!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10719.50
      05-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #26
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Thanks for helping me do some research.

Wow! I have some weight to lose!

Ok - time to go to the gym haha bye!
thats what 5 pounds of fat looks like?! wow thats insane wasn't expecting that

Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1135.00
      05-26-2017, 07:08 AM   #27
Sixtydashone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

I am a cpt who does mostly online coaching, because, much like most online coaches, I have a day job and I rather use as much information from the client to crunch all the data and make changes as you go.

Im glad to hear that you are enjoying your success.. I also believe that the success comes only to those who genuinely try.. I tend to get a lot of clients who are looking for weightloss, and Most people nowadays don't want to stick with it. I myself have had a 200+ lb weightloss so I understand the ebbs and tides of the dieting/lifestyle gamut

Keep up the great work and if anybody has any questions, id be glad to help!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10719.50
      05-26-2017, 07:29 AM   #28
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtydashone View Post
I am a cpt who does mostly online coaching, because, much like most online coaches, I have a day job and I rather use as much information from the client to crunch all the data and make changes as you go.

Im glad to hear that you are enjoying your success.. I also believe that the success comes only to those who genuinely try.. I tend to get a lot of clients who are looking for weightloss, and Most people nowadays don't want to stick with it. I myself have had a 200+ lb weightloss so I understand the ebbs and tides of the dieting/lifestyle gamut

Keep up the great work and if anybody has any questions, id be glad to help!
def agree you have to put in the time and effort if you want the results. I followed everything exactly to a T since the start. Proud of myself throughout all that time I didn't waver or cheat once. Congrats on your weight loss. 200 pounds wow

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #29
Sixtydashone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
def agree you have to put in the time and effort if you want the results. I followed everything exactly to a T since the start. Proud of myself throughout all that time I didn't waver or cheat once. Congrats on your weight loss. 200 pounds wow
thank you my friend.. its definitely been eye opening..

and props for being honest with yourself! that's the way to get results sir!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10719.50
      05-26-2017, 08:51 AM   #30
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

And for those of us honest enough to know we WILL cheat, regularly??? I'm teetering on the end of the rope of just saying "FUCK IT" I'll be fat(er) and just enjoy eating lots of everything I enjoy.

I can feel the depression this week. I clipped the back of my heel pulling a wheelbarrow backwards on Sunday, so couldn't do my running this week. Which lead to blowing off the gym too. Last night for dinner I literally had chips, bean dip, and a virgin strawberry margarita.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 07:21 AM   #31
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Hey GOLFFRR curious what your macros were when you started cutting weight. I'm currently trying to get rid of some extra fat while trying to maintain as much muscle as possible. Seems to be working well. I've dropped around 8 lbs so far in 25 days while not dropping down in weights at the gym. My macros are: 92 carbs, 69 fat, 202 protein (1800 calories) on workout days and 63 carbs, 69 fat, 201 protein (1680 calories) on rest day. I feel like my carbs are a bit high, but I don't function very well if I cut them down much more.

I can't even imagine what your macros were when you were close to 5,000 calories a day!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10719.50
      06-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #32
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
Hey GOLFFRR curious what your macros were when you started cutting weight. I'm currently trying to get rid of some extra fat while trying to maintain as much muscle as possible. Seems to be working well. I've dropped around 8 lbs so far in 25 days while not dropping down in weights at the gym. My macros are: 92 carbs, 69 fat, 202 protein (1800 calories) on workout days and 63 carbs, 69 fat, 201 protein (1680 calories) on rest day. I feel like my carbs are a bit high, but I don't function very well if I cut them down much more.

I can't even imagine what your macros were when you were close to 5,000 calories a day!
awesome on putting in the effort and work! I just got done with my first cut. I cut for 16 weeks, super slow, but my macros were still pretty high for the normal person. For me though I was starving all the time and the cardio aspect was the worst as that was pretty boring TBH. he has me do a lot of steady state cardio. My cutting macros were: P216.5 F85.5 C453.5 roughly 3450calories a day.
I start maint monday. Nic should be sending me my new macros this weekend along with my new workouts. Im looking forward to getting some size and strength back and also eating a lot more food

Appreciate 1
Halewafa353.00
      06-23-2017, 08:11 AM   #33
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Quote:
awesome on putting in the effort and work! I just got done with my first cut. I cut for 16 weeks, super slow, but my macros were still pretty high for the normal person. For me though I was starving all the time and the cardio aspect was the worst as that was pretty boring TBH. he has me do a lot of steady state cardio. My cutting macros were: P216.5 F85.5 C453.5 roughly 3450calories a day.
I start maint monday. Nic should be sending me my new macros this weekend along with my new workouts. Im looking forward to getting some size and strength back and also eating a lot more food
WOW! 3405 calories a day and still starving?? lol. Imagine how I feel at < 2000. I'm 6'2" 187 right now, not sure what my body fat % is, but if I had to guess it would be around 15% (based on pictures, thanks google!). 454 carbs a day sounds like a dream

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10719.50
      06-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #34
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
WOW! 3405 calories a day and still starving?? lol. Imagine how I feel at < 2000. I'm 6'2" 187 right now, not sure what my body fat % is, but if I had to guess it would be around 15% (based on pictures, thanks google!). 454 carbs a day sounds like a dream

Thanks for sharing!
you as well, keep at it! have a great rest of your week

Appreciate 1
Halewafa353.00
      06-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #35
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Seeing a different side of you. Results pics?
      06-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #36
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Seeing a different side of you. Results pics?
Not going to post pics sorry, you will have to take my word for it lol

But yea diet changed my whole life, not only do I feel like I look a lot better but I also feel amazing. I'm never tired and also my distance in my golf game has increased a lot

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #37
MFore
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Not going to post pics sorry, you will have to take my word for it lol

But yea diet changed my whole life, not only do I feel like I look a lot better but I also feel amazing. I'm never tired and also my distance in my golf game has increased a lot
Wait, diet = distance.....NOW you have my attention!!!
GOLFFRR10719.50
      10-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #38
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFore View Post
Wait, diet = distance.....NOW you have my attention!!!
there you go bud! I can say without hesitation that my new found overall health (workouts and diet) have not only made me a better golfer but def a more powerful one. Im hitting the ball a mile, for me.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 08:51 AM   #39
MFore
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
there you go bud! I can say without hesitation that my new found overall health (workouts and diet) have not only made me a better golfer but def a more powerful one. Im hitting the ball a mile, for me.
For you to become a better golfer is saying something.
Our season is winding down. Maybe Ill be inspired by your story and work out more this winter (its possible I say this every year) and see how my game goes in the spring. Mostly I have been running. I did train for an epic hike by carrying my bag. It definitely helped and I actually lost a few pounds in the process. You burn a LOT of calories when you carry.
GOLFFRR10719.50