New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-22-2015, 08:37 PM   #67
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Didn't read the thread so I'm sure there are tattoo lovers showing off their ink and saying how great it is.

I'm going to give my opinion on tattoos in general, so don't read if you're going to get butt hurt I don't think you're cool or hardcore.

In reality, tattoos are essentially always going to be a bad decision. There is little doubt you will regret the tattoo itself, the location you got it, or both. Then, you'll spend months or years trying to get rid of all traces of your shitty decision or you'll just live the rest of your life regretting it or looking like an idiot.

There are stats on it but something like 60% of people who get them try to remove them later.

Laser treatment hurts, isn't 100% effective, and is more expensive than the original tattoo.

Just ask yourself, how is this going to look on me in 30 years? Especially people that get these ridiculous "sleeves" or tattoos in stupid places like their face or neck area. Few do the necessary maintenance to keep them looking decent and it's bound to be out of style and or stupid in the next 30 years, so I say skip it.

Everyone with a tattoo from the 80s looks stupid today and that will be no different in 2040. In my opinion, they all look stupid and as Family Guy teaches us, you're just letting everyone know you had $70 or $70 a few different times. Or were drunk or were going through a phase.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #68
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
I have no PM's. On to the next.

Jk

You're 26??? Shit I'm a cougar now.
Does it help knowing I'll be 27 in July

Sorry guys, I've failed us all
Are you gay? Not implying it would be bad or negative, just asking to know facts.
Haha that was random. Did I give off that impression?

But nah, far from it. I'm recently single however- so still in the "picking up the pieces" phase ::que the little violin here::
I'm glad you edited the post, I was gonna post that Bob Downey rolling eye picture above again LOL

But no issue, just wanted to know. Now We've narrowed it down to 2 possibilities: either you're not gay, or you are but don't know/tell.

Either way it's fine. I was just curious. You didn't "come off" as being gay, I was just confirming the general stereotype (which of course is false a good portion of times).
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #69
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335
Didn't read the thread so I'm sure there are tattoo lovers showing off their ink and saying how great it is.

I'm going to give my opinion on tattoos in general, so don't read if you're going to get butt hurt I don't think you're cool or hardcore.

In reality, tattoos are essentially always going to be a bad decision. There is little doubt you will regret the tattoo itself, the location you got it, or both. Then, you'll spend months or years trying to get rid of all traces of your shitty decision or you'll just live the rest of your life regretting it or looking like an idiot.

There are stats on it but something like 60% of people who get them try to remove them later.

Laser treatment hurts, isn't 100% effective, and is more expensive than the original tattoo.

Just ask yourself, how is this going to look on me in 30 years? Especially people that get these ridiculous "sleeves" or tattoos in stupid places like their face or neck area. Few do the necessary maintenance to keep them looking decent and it's bound to be out of style and or stupid in the next 30 years, so I say skip it.

Everyone with a tattoo from the 80s looks stupid today and that will be no different in 2040. In my opinion, they all look stupid and as Family Guy teaches us, you're just letting everyone know you had $70 or $70 a few different times. Or were drunk or were going through a phase.
Well lol, I guess most of us will look stupid, and we're going through a "phase"... Oddly I hope I continuously go through phases in my life... It's how I want to live, and learn, and experience new things...I'll never be boring... I am always surpassing what I already did... So... Touché. I've never been drunk at a tattoo session though. But my first one I do want it removed. I don't like the way it looks anymore.

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #70
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:

I get where you're coming from- however I would disagree, obviously.

Times are obviously different than what they were in the 80s. As is the material in the ink used.

One big reason it looks "bad" later on is because people age terribly if they don't take care of themselves (eat like shit, don't work out, don't drink a gallon of water a day, drink or smoke etc). I know plenty of men and women from my home gym who have tattoos and look AMAZING well into their late 50s and 60s, and although the quality of the tattoo may not be as good as newer ones- they don't look bad at all with it.

70$ for a tattoo? Again, you may be thinking about your buds apartment he tattoos out of. My sleeve ran me 3K for a 24 hour session split into 3 sessions. I swim religiously as my main form of cardio- and the colors even after years haven't faded.

I respect where you're coming from and are definitely entitled to your opinion, but someone's body doesn't need a tattoo to look disgusting when they grow old. That's a personal choice- in which I for one/ respect my body and will always reflect my work ethic.
      04-22-2015, 09:01 PM   #71
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LISSA
Quote:

Well lol, I guess most of us will look stupid, and we're going through a "phase"... Oddly I hope I continuously go through phases in my life... It's how I want to live, and learn, and experience new things...I'll never be boring... I am always surpassing what I already did... So... Touché. I've never been drunk at a tattoo session though. But my first one I do want it removed. I don't like the way it looks anymore.
Well, isn't that what he said?
He acknowledged phases are normal (not the contrary), but was basically stating that, at least for most, once that phase is over, you're stuck with something permanent. And then you regret.

Tattoos would be much cooler if they were easily removable.
This is why I only wear gum stickers on my arm.
I'm sporting a Barbie motive on my left bicep, and a hello kitty on my right thigh.

Luckily though I'll be able to remove them after work tomorrow with my buddies. Hope it doesn't pull a hair.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #72
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Times are obviously different than what they were in the 80s. As is the material in the ink used.

One big reason it looks "bad" later on is because people age terribly if they don't take care of themselves (eat like shit, don't work out, don't drink a gallon of water a day, drink or smoke etc). I know plenty of men and women from my home gym who have tattoos and look AMAZING well into their late 50s and 60s, and although the quality of the tattoo may not be as good as newer ones- they don't look bad at all with it.

70$ for a tattoo? Again, you may be thinking about your buds apartment he tattoos out of. My sleeve ran me 3K for a 24 hour session split into 3 sessions. I swim religiously as my main form of cardio- and the colors even after years haven't faded.

I respect where you're coming from and are definitely entitled to your opinion, but someone's body doesn't need a tattoo to look disgusting when they grow old. That's a personal choice- in which I for one/ respect my body and will always reflect my work ethic.
Great answer. You're like the "anti-douche" of this forum... The kriptonite to my superman.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #73
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Great answer. You're like the "anti-douche" of this forum... The kriptonite to my superman.
Sure there isn't a bromance going on?

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #74
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He acknowledged phases are normal (not the contrary), but was basically stating that, at least for most, once that phase is over, you're stuck with something permanent. And then you regret.

I'm sporting a Barbie motive on my left bicep, and a hello kitty on my right thigh.

Luckily though I'll be able to remove them after work tomorrow with my buddies. Hope it doesn't pull a hair.
And thanks for clarifying for him... I can read. I didn't say anything bad.
Ya know they have those metallic stickers that all the girls are getting now... They go on all body parts and even stay on in the water... So you can swim with them..! The Hello Kitty worries me though.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #75
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good thing you didn't relate this to the convertible thread on general e90 lol
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #76
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would change my name to the anti douche and go toe to toe with you on various off topic threads..however- my slight obsession with sugar skulls is too strong.
      04-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #77
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would check but I'm too lazy right now and tired as shit.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #78
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would check but I'm too lazy right now and tired as shit.
Thanks for letting us know...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #79
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And thanks for clarifying for him... I can read. I didn't say anything bad.
Ya know they have those metallic stickers that all the girls are getting now... They go on all body parts and even stay on in the water... So you can swim with them..! The Hello Kitty worries me though.
I take them off before swimming, but I haven't swam in a long time. I hit saunas mostly.

Worry no more. I love kittens.

BTW: you're a douche!
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2015, 05:36 AM   #80
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #81
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LISSA View Post
I think you look pretty with ink
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #82
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Rob,

There's no way those photos are you. People with your physique are not single lol. You're gonna have to take me out and marry me to prove other wise
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2015, 07:32 AM   #83
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I got tattoos so I could be easily identified after I die doing something I enjoy.
Appreciate 3
      04-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #84
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Rob,

There's no way those photos are you. People with your physique are not single lol. You're gonna have to take me out and marry me to prove other wise
Hahahaha well I DID mention I'm recently single.

So....Mastros when I get back to SoCal?
      04-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #85
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post

You have FB or IG?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #86
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

You have FB or IG?
I don't at the moment (deactivated FB for lent and I just got used to not having it for now)

I'll PM you the link once I reactivate it
      04-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #87
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I don't at the moment (deactivated FB for lent and I just got used to not having it for now)

Text me
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 08:00 AM   #88
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Text me
I am a man of many talents...however- guessing telephone numbers (accurately) is not one of them?