New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #23
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Not having a warranty is terrible advice. Maybe things work differently in the US but parts and labour rates are pretty high here and aftermarket warranties are notoriously bad for paying out.

I'm also not a user who signed up just to post a problem. I've been a bimmerpost member long before buying the Z.

I knew about the reliability issues of the N54 engine before I decided to buy it. I knew it would break, just a question of when and how often!
Using the old "self warranty" I'd be around £10,000 ($14,400) out of pocket right now.

You only need to start reading the more technically orientated boards (Tuning for example) on E90post to realise that the owners of those cars expect that any car on it's original HPFP, Injectors and coils will need them replacing at some point and just do it as a matter of procedure rather than waiting for it to go. I'll agree that if those parts have been previously replaced by the revised newer parts you may be safe to just keep money aside, but the original injectors that came with the car are likely already leaking badly and if the turbos are original will be rattling away.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #24
German_Whip
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330i

So after being asked to pay a £1000 deposit, I was told I would get the car on Tuesday (today) despite the car salesman making it sound like I would get it over the weekend just gone, this was before I paid the deposit. Tuesday has come and the car is still at their other garage, over 100 miles away. They said won't be getting it tomorrow either and they may get it Thursday, but can't let me take it so I would have to wait until next week as this weekend is the long Easter weekend. I got fed up and went to see another car today...

http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/us...luetooth-19430

This is a recording of the engine sound through the front kidney grilles

https://soundcloud.com/omar_soundz/b...o-engine-sound

Does that sound right to you?

Also condensation in near side tail light.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 11:52 PM   #25
t612
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40

Garage List
I'm getting on this a bit late. I love the Z4! I leased a 2011 Z4 35i in 2011, moved on to a 2013 650i Coupe, but longed to get back into a Z4 during the 3 years I had the 650. I purchased a 2016 Z4 35is two weeks ago at the end of my 3 year lease on the 650 and couldn't be happier. I've owned/leased many cars of different makes, the Z4 was the only one I missed.

The 650 was really nice and fast, but a bit big to throw around. The Z4 35is is really comfortable and is sporty and agile when you need it to. During the two years I had the 2011, I had about 20k miles on it. The only problem I had was a bad bearing at around 4k miles on the rear wheel. My 296 wheels did not suffer any cracks; IMHO they are the best looking wheels on the Z4.

The 2016 Z4 is a keeper, I decided to get the 35is with the following configuration:
Mineral White
Coral Red Interior
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package
326 19" Wheels
PDC
I regretted giving up the Z4 the first time. I'm not going to do that again.

Here's my recommended configuration for the Z4 to really enjoy it.
Being in the United States, the gas prices are not at high as Europe's, so I'm bias towards the "IS" or 35i.
M Sport Package (standard on the "IS") -- the exhaust sound is intoxicating; especially with the top down
Premium Sound -- the basic system is too flat and is horrible with the top down
Cold Weather Package -- great for driving with the top off on brisk days or evening

Last edited by t612; 03-23-2016 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 1