New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #23
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
[QUOTE=Banton;7880691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiZ4 View Post
I have a wind deflector and I think it definitely helps cut the wind noise.

NikkiZ4

Which wind deflector do you use? Thinking about getting the BMW OEM mesh one, and am curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks
I recommend you get the glass one. Much nicer looking and better rear view as well (I keep my OEM mesh one [wish it was a glass one] in the trunk, unless I travel on the express way).

Link one of them is here

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #24
tosterberg
Smiling driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Unusable hands-free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
I have no issues when the top is up, but nothign but complaints about not being able to hear me when the top is down.
I have to pull over if I want the call.
Sounds like I shoudl take it back in and complain...
I hear fine both with the top up and top down but the one on the other end doesn't seem to hear a word of what I am saying, even with the top up they only hear road noise and it is impossible to have a conversation. I have an iPhone 3Gs that works flawlessly in my company car (Audi). Anyone else has this problem or have an idea on what to do?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #25
Vel
Private
Rep
Drives: Looking for a Z4

Get a headset with jawbone technology - they have a mode you can put them in where they ignore all air vibrations, and only pick up vibrations from your bones. Unless your skull is rattling, the person on the other end won't hear the air/wind around you
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #26
H-Doc
BMWCCA Member #434186
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive35is

I would agree with most above- I have no problems with calls with the top up, even at highway speeds 80+ mph. Wait... I mean, 55mph.

With the top down, it's a little tougher- but doable when I roll up the windows (but then I look like such a dork with the top down and all four windows up... maybe I should just let it go to voice mail).

The real question is, if callers can here me just fine (with the top up)- how come the chick in the voice command thingie changes over to the NAV everytime I want to play the rolling stones, or goes to the settings menu when I ask to dial the office... that's what I want to know!

2011 E89 Z4 sDrive35is
2005 E85 Z4 Roadster 2.5i (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #27
Rafale
Zed Quatre
France
Rep
Drives: '11 Z4 35is & '11 535xi GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosterberg View Post
I hear fine both with the top up and top down but the one on the other end doesn't seem to hear a word of what I am saying, even with the top up they only hear road noise and it is impossible to have a conversation. I have an iPhone 3Gs that works flawlessly in my company car (Audi). Anyone else has this problem or have an idea on what to do?
Microphone mistakenly installed outside the car maybe?? I don't have this problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #28
tosterberg
Smiling driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafale View Post
Microphone mistakenly installed outside the car maybe?? I don't have this problem at all.
OK, so it isn't normal. I will book a service appointment then. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 01:38 AM   #29
SmilesAndGiggles
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiZ4 View Post
I have a wind deflector and I think it definitely helps cut the wind noise.
NikkiZ4

Which wind deflector do you use? Thinking about getting the BMW OEM mesh one, and am curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks
On the BMW converts I've owned (1 series, 3 series and z4), I've gone with a different windscreen each time. First OEM, then another random vendor and then windblox. Out of all of them, windblox by far surpasses the rest in how much wind is blocked and cost effectiveness. I paid $440 for the first one, something like $300 for the second (that was a crappy windscreen), and $120 for my windblox windscreen. Idk, just my two cents, but I'll never use anything but WB again, especially since they have a lifetime warranty.
Appreciate 0