New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Simply put, having a case on your phone is like wearing a helmet outside.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #24
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Stop trying so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Snobbish, really? I honestly had no ulterior motive, and I still can't see how I would come off as snobbish. I would assume that people spending $30,000 - $100,000+ on a car wouldn't find $90 expensive for a premium phone case, especially if they were into that sort of thing. It's actually quite middle of the road for what is out there for the iPhone and Galaxy; I mean even a basic case from Verizon/AT&T can cost $25-$50 nowadays.

I was trying to promote what I thought was an awesome case for car enthusiasts (that is their target market, and considering they are selling out left and right, I guess they've hit it...)

Sure, if the case thing isn't for you, that's great, but it wasn't my intention to 'show off' that I could afford a $90 case for my phone... I just like dressing up my devices; definitely not where most, or even a noticeable amount, of my money is going... just something I thought I would share with the community.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive, I was just taken a bit aback... I really can't figure out how this would be a snobbish thing to post on a BMW forum...
If someone was into cases, they would buy premium, like someone into cars. You have a BMW because you want the performance with the finesse, luxury and comfort. Just like I don't want just another black rubber case.

And nobody can convince me that a car is not a statement. Henry Ford figured it out and started a revolution. If we really just wanted to get from A - B we would be all driving similar looking vehicles, stripped down, with low horsepower, air condition and a radio....
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #25
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minefield View Post
Stop trying so hard.
He really ought to get over to the E90 post forum
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #26
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

This got real hostile real quick... Hahaha but I equate this purchase to buying a Louis Vuitton condom.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
This got real hostile real quick... Hahaha but I equate this purchase to buying a Louis Vuitton condom.
Very few days go by where I don't regret buying my LV wallet, blah
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #28
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork

Very few days go by where I don't regret buying my LV wallet, blah
Go buy one now! It actually is worth the money, I've had mine for 2 years and it looks brand new. I'm not sure how considering its been beat to hell and back.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Trying to hard... damn.

And of course, someone with an M3 has to say something about an e90... it always ends up that way right?? Both great cars... money for money, could have gotten any used M3 from 2011 and under... probably could have gotten a new one that was bone stock too... I didn't want one. Being 18 at the time, I would look like an asshole, and it would probably have been too much car for me.

Also, some like a LV wallet usually runs well over $300+... this is a phone case... and again, it's not that expensive considering what is out there...... stupid rubber cases from verizon can be $40..

I'm actually not trying too hard... I just like rambling sometimes... I don't have to think about these posts, they just kinda write themselves in a few seconds. Sorry if it takes you that long to write a line or two
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #30
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
u mad?

But in all seriousness, don't take the M3 thing seriously. Some people still don't realize that the off topic section is the same for M3post and e90post...
      06-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #31
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14
Trying to hard... damn.

And of course, someone with an M3 has to say something about an e90... it always ends up that way right?? Both great cars... money for money, could have gotten any used M3 from 2011 and under... probably could have gotten a new one that was bone stock too... I didn't want one. Being 18 at the time, I would look like an asshole, and it would probably have been too much car for me.

Also, some like a LV wallet usually runs well over $300+... this is a phone case... and again, it's not that expensive considering what is out there...... stupid rubber cases from verizon can be $40..

I'm actually not trying too hard... I just like rambling sometimes... I don't have to think about these posts, they just kinda write themselves in a few seconds. Sorry if it takes you that long to write a line or two
To be fair, any 18 year old driving a BMW looks like an asshole. I can't stand 18 year olds that drive BMWs. Self entitled little pricks. I hope they all crash.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #32
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
To be fair, any 18 year old driving a BMW looks like an asshole. I can't stand 18 year olds that drive BMWs. Self entitled little pricks. I hope they all crash.
Generalizing much I guess.

Not mad, actually laughing to myself since you know nothing about me. Sure, my parents helped pay for my car, but I'm 20 now, it is my 2nd car and I have 0 tickets, and one accident on my record from a possibly drunk driver running a light.

I've been going to elite schools all of my life and keeping a solid GPA at one of the most difficult schools in the world, all without a penny from my parents beside tuition. I don't feel self entitled. I know the difference between what is mine and what is my father's and I've worked for my 'toys'
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Generalizing much I guess.

Not mad, actually laughing to myself since you know nothing about me. Sure, my parents helped pay for my car, but I'm 20 now, it is my 2nd car and I have 0 tickets, and one accident on my record from a possibly drunk driver running a light.

I've been going to elite schools all of my life and keeping a solid GPA at one of the most difficult schools in the world, all without a penny from my parents beside tuition. I don't feel self entitled. I know the difference between what is mine and what is my father's and I've worked for my 'toys'
Bro, calm down. I'm 18. It was a joke. No need to get all defensive, your life story was quite unnecessary ;P This thread has really got your jimmies rustled, huh?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #34
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
I guess I take people over the Internet too seriously. I forgot that some people can't keep up decent, on topic conversation when there are words on a page, and not any actual emotional or confrontational action.

I started a thread about a case designed for car enthusiast and of course outlandish comparisons are made, I get called names and of course, someone brings up the M3 vs 335 debate

I've been here a while, and have a bunch of posts. I should have known better than to stoop down a level or two. I've just never been on the receiving end like this... I'm usually the guy trying to bring the topic back to its original focus...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess I take people over the Internet too seriously. I forgot that some people can't keep up decent, on topic conversation when there are words on a page, and not any actual emotional or confrontational action.

I started a thread about a case designed for car enthusiast and of course outlandish comparisons are made, I get called names and of course, someone brings up the M3 vs 335 debate

I've been here a while, and have a bunch of posts. I should have known better than to stoop down a level or two. I've just never been on the receiving end like this... I'm usually the guy trying to bring the topic back to its original focus...
For what it's worth, I considered getting one of these cases at one point. You just need to have a thicker skin when it comes to the Internet, man.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

^ there will always be trolls. ignoring is a great option
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #37
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverII View Post
No thanks. It is $150. $10 amazon basic case works fine
$150 case on a $200 phone...

I have an $8 bumper from Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Back to the topic, I just ordered a slimline pro from them. They look like well made cases and that one was only $49. I like that they are machined parts but from polycarbonate instead of aluminum. You get the benefit of a precisely machined part without the signal issues.

As for the M3 case, I wasn't too impressed. It is finely made piece for sure but that price is over the top!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #39
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
For what it's worth, I considered getting one of these cases at one point. You just need to have a thicker skin when it comes to the Internet, man.
+1. Especially here in OT. People will try to piss you off on purpose, and when you do get pissed, they keep pushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
^ there will always be trolls. ignoring is a great option
Says the one who keeps responding to ignored people and sending them PM's. Out of money for hookers recently?
      06-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #40
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

i would def pay $100-$200 more for an iphone with protection already built into it already. Cases make the phone..........I just had a business idea! phone cases that use the same internals of the phone, but you put them into a stronger case. I'd imagine that's possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #41
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wanted to give you all a warning.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SHADY COMPANY!!!!

I ordered the Slimline Pro from them and it was downhill from there. They sent me a USPS tracking number when I started to pester them about why it hadn't shipped a week after I ordered it. Then after a week of the tracking status saying "Electronic Shipping Info Received: Awaiting dropoff at post office" I got on their forums and complained. They then sent me a different tracking number and, miraculously, this one shipped! My elation was short lived, however, as when I received the case I was shocked at the utter poor quality of the thing. The aluminum side pieces FELL OFF within minutes of me putting the case on the phone. Upon further inspection I could see the assembly technicians finger prints in the super glue they used to assemble the thing. I decided that this was not worth the $50+ I spent on it and opted to return it. Per their website (which has since conveniently been changed) they offered a full refund and even would cover the return shipping costs. Alas, this too was not meant to be. I shipped the case back and informed them as such.

I was amazed to find, about 3 days later, a package in my mailbox containing another case! This was the original shipment that was never dropped off at the post office. It was finally given to the USPS a full 3 weeks after they printed the label. I opened this one up and the quality was even worse than the previous case (I know, I did not think it possible either). I promptly contacted them and asked what they wanted me to do. They said rather than ship the case back just to keep it and they would process my refund. That was the last I ever heard from them. Some time later their forums went "down for maintenance" and haven't come back up since. I suspect this was due to the overwhelming amount of dissatisfied customers who now had a visible way of contacting them.

After waiting and not hearing anything I decided that I was not going to get blood from this particular turnip. I did realize, however, that I was a smart consumer and paid with my credit card! I contacted my credit card company and requested a chargeback. My case was closed very quickly with the credit card company and my account was credited. I did not get the cost of the return postage back but I at least got my purchase price refunded.

tldr: Run away, run far away from Casemachine.com and always use a credit card for purchases.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #42
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

apple spends millions a year making their phones thin

you spend 100$+ making it thick.

congratulations.
      08-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #43
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

This is an awesome case for $50.

Whole backside is CF, corners are hollow on the inside for impact resistance, fit is FAR better than any other plastic / rubber case i've seen. Nice a slim but offers A LOT of protection.

i've dropped it from chest height 2 times on concrete and there isn't a scratch on the phone or the case.

http://www.elementcase.com/ION-5-Bla...-1210-kf00.htm

If you're going to make a statement with a phone case, the one below is a good option.

http://www.elementcase.com/Ronin-Boc...-1113-x5xx.htm

African hardwood sides, polished aluminum top and bottom, suede back.... Opulence; if you has this case, you has opulence. $180.00

If you have more money than friends, you can get the case below and pretend to be a special opps loaner.

http://www.elementcase.com/Sector-5-...-1023-xxhx.htm

You get a lot of pretend special opps stuff for your $220 though.....
      08-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #44
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^^ They are the company I went with following my fiasco. I got the Sector 5 and I love it completely!
Appreciate 0