New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #45
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
American is a language?

But, yeah I don't get that guy was saying either. I gave up after the 3rd paragraph.

You made it further than me..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3 View Post
google and the NSA is watching...

I dont know you... you are not on this forum...this is photoshopped...say it is not so...
That was a 1992 year book. haha
      06-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #47
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
As soon as I got to the part where you stated that the election of Obama showed an increase in the IQ of Americans I stopped reading.
That is perfectly expected. As I already said before, among other things, ACC is designed to prevent any form of self-education outside of the regime's sphere of control. Zealots of the regime should march forward with the following setup drumming in their heads: "You are an American! We taught you everything you need to know! Everything else is BS! Education is Communism! March on! Left! Right! Left! Right!"

To specific symptoms of ACC that ensure the above are:
1) Immediate subconscious rejection of any form of education, aside from the government-mandated one,
2) More-or-less immediate erasure of any kind of new information that manages to penetrate through the barrier set by 1.

Not only you were unable to finish reading (per 1), but I'm sure you have already completely forgotten what you managed to read (per 2).

As I said before, the fundamental trait of indoctrination regimes, which sets them apart from authoritarian regimes, is that the former deprive people from freedom by building walls in their heads, instead of building walls around the country's borders.

Quote:
Besides, have you been to Europe? I'm in a European airport and the people are retards. As soon as I see someone that looks decently intelligent I hear them speaking in American.
That's ACC again. You see, the reason for this perception of yours is the simple fact that you do not speak the Language of the Free World. And by "Language" I don't mean "English", but I rather mean the whole system of concepts that defines to modern European civilization and its values. I.e. you can understand the words, but you can never grasp the full meaning of sentences.

For a hypothetical example, imagine an alien that suddenly came to Earth from outer space, was placed in isolation and taught to speak perfect English. And one day he was taken, say, to a soccer game in London. Naturally, that alien can understand every word, but he still cannot understand the game. He'll probably conclude that these are two gangs of male contenders trying to soften a fertile female egg by kicking it around, all the while fighting for the right to impregnate it. Or something along those lines. And he'll probably conclude that the whole thing is utterly moronic.

That is exactly what happens to you when you arrive to Europe. You understand every English world, but you are completely phased out of European civilization. This is a schoolbook symptom of ACC.

The purpose of this sort of conditioning is, as I said above, to shield Americans from any outside influence (e.g. from uncontrolled education). But there's is much more to it. The purpose of this conditioning is to make people critically dependent on the US regime for their survival. "Americans" are plugged into the US regime like Neo into the Matrix, if you forgive me for this very fitting pop-culture reference. To disconnect an "American" from the tit of the regime is a very delicate and involving procedure with very low chance of success (i.e. of victim's survival).

And the purpose of that system is largely defensive in the most direct meaning of the word: the US regime uses its citizens as the largest implementation of "human shield" tactics in the history of mankind. The population of the entire country is used as human shield. Any outside entity that might decide to take on the US regime will be faced with the obvious moral barrier: the destruction of the regime will lead to imminent death of all its citizens, not capable of independent survival. In order to keep the people alive, the attacking entity will have no choice but to reinstate some form of the very same US regime. See? A very clever thing, isn't it?

This is exactly why the US regime feels relatively defended from European nations, for whom the aforementioned moral barrier does indeed present a virtually unsolvable problem. And this is exactly why the US regime wets its pants in fear every time it hears about Middle Eastern nations, against whom this defensive strategy might be much less effective (due to religious, cultural differences and other factors).

Quote:
You are stuck in some Pre-1980s Communistic view of the American and your ACC bullshit theory makes you look even more retarded.
"The view of the American" has never changed in the Free World, so your attempt to refer to it as something "pre-1980s" makes no sense. Nothing happened in 1980s to justify such division.

Your usage of the term "Communism" is perfectly consistent with the way it has always been used by the US propaganda and indoctrination institutions, inherited directly from Nazi anti-Communist propaganda

Last edited by AndreyT; 06-21-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #48
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3 View Post

sadly this generation of kids will be taking care of us.... ugh!
I am not so sure that will ever actually happen. Unless your definition of "taking care of" is different than mine.

And Andrey - you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about. Making up shit like ACC. Get a life. The sad thing is someone like Feinstein would probably listen and eat that shit up. God help us if she catches wind of the crap you're spewing.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #49
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
THIS! I helped coach a soccer team for a couple years but couldn't stand the "How come my little Johnny doesn't get to play as much as Mitch does?" bullshit. Johnny didn't get to play because he sucked, of course the parents didn't like to hear that so I was an asshole and was bad for the kids. You are either first or not good enough, playing state level soccer for years growing up as well as golfing in regional events now, second was never good enough. It's too damn bad that kids these days feel like they should be rewarded because they went out there and tried! So what, you didn't win, you don't get a damn cookie!

Well, when I was a kid, playing outside meant that I was going where ever I wanted in the town, granted, times were different now and I was taught that if an adult asked me to do something, it was done. The rules were, and I quote, "If you get in trouble, don't come home, if you're not home when we eat, you won't, and when you are asked to do something, it gets done." Ahh the good old days...
Agreed!
I call it Generation E for Entitled.
Them and their swag and beliebing

They don't want to work, or put in the man hours, or anything, they figure "I have a diploma, I'm the smartest man in the world! I deserve to be president of any company I chose!"
News flash Yoloers, everyone has a diploma, you are not a unique beautiful snowflake like your teachers kept telling you.
My teachers were dictators and we were piss scared of them.
      06-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #50
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
seems like the school had asked the boy to change clothes and he refused multiple times... unfortunately the situation escalated, maybe this will teach him to respect his elders- that IMO is what this country lacks. If this was Korea, he would have gotta a good beating.. Not saying that's right either, but just emphasizing on the level of respect these younger generations have for others.

It's unfortunate that it went to court though, I feel bad for him somewhat.. I doubt they'll give him the full 1 yr sentence though.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #51
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
Agreed!

They don't want to work, or put in the man hours, or anything, they figure "I have a diploma, I'm the smartest man in the world! I deserve to be president of any company I chose!"
News flash Yoloers, everyone has a diploma, you are not a unique beautiful snowflake like your teachers kept telling you.
yessir!!! it is the entitled, "my kid would never do this... what about the other kid" generation of parents and kids...

much miss the good ole days....where respect was given before it had to be earned..... best teachers in my life were those who upheld values and responsibilities
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #52
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

This same crap is going on in our military too. Gone are the days where our warriors and soldiers smoked, drank, cussed and weren't taught to have to obey gender equality rules.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #53
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
It is standard operating procedures these days for schools to call the police for most anything a kid may do which breaks the rules. Also, their is no such thing is free speech in a school, the courts have upheld the rights of schools to censor kids. Anyway the reason schools call the police is because of idiot parent who have more money then sense suing schools because they discipline their kids. So now the school just stay out of it call the police and let you deal with the police on the matter. You can not sue the police for arresting your kids.
THIS is the crux of the problem. Unfortunately, at this point, everyone is the "messenger" and there is no culpability for anyone's independent actions.

You want to find the source? Count the number of lawyers in your town. The legal system has driven politicians to makes laws to better define allowed actions but those laws have unintentional effects and create collateral damage. The damage tends to affect those without a good lawyer the most. Funny how that works. I'm glad I have a lot of friends who are attorneys.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #54
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
gone are the good days of strong men... like Gary Cooper in the movies
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #55
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Agreed!

Amen to that. I always enjoy interviewing some of the little bastards just coming out of college. Because somebody that they knew of that one of their friends heard about made $100K out of school that what they should get too. Some of them actually go so far as to tell me that they could run my company better than I could (during an interview) which typically leads to the "Then go start your own company and see how that works for you." I didn't work my ass off for the last 15 years so I can watch a bunch of little self entitled pricks think they know better than me or more than me on everything.

Of the 2 of them that I hired for significantly less than that, both made it a single quarter. When they realized that "Oh shit, I actually have to put in work to get any decent commission wages " was when they left.

I too was scared of my teachers, part of that was knowing that if I did something wrong at school, it was just going to go home as well. I would be getting punished 2 times for any 1 thing I did.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #56
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Amen to that. I always enjoy interviewing some of the little bastards just coming out of college. Because somebody that they knew of that one of their friends heard about made $100K out of school that what they should get too. Some of them actually go so far as to tell me that they could run my company better than I could (during an interview) which typically leads to the "Then go start your own company and see how that works for you." I didn't work my ass off for the last 15 years so I can watch a bunch of little self entitled pricks think they know better than me or more than me on everything.

Of the 2 of them that I hired for significantly less than that, both made it a single quarter. When they realized that "Oh shit, I actually have to put in work to get any decent commission wages " was when they left.

I too was scared of my teachers, part of that was knowing that if I did something wrong at school, it was just going to go home as well. I would be getting punished 2 times for any 1 thing I did.
One quarter? that's a lot better than what I've seen.
Had a friend hiring for his multiplex. He asked if I knew anyone who needed a job.
My gf at the time's little sister needed a job and a few other of my friends younger siblings who I had heard begging for one!
I must have chased after THEM to give me a CV for like 2-3 months. (the wages were awesome and came with full benefits).
Top reasons why some didn't take the job:
1- "Wow, this place is far!" (no it's not, it is in the largest mall in the city and maybe a 10mins drive from that person's house)
2- "You mean I need to work nights?" (that person studies in the day)
3- "It's wrong to come home past 12! That's not lady like!" (last showing is at 11:30pm, so by the time they close up. Note, this chick is a club rat and comes home at 4am every day)
4- "That's not enough money" (that person had no diploma, drop out).
And my personal favorite:
5- "This is too much work for me!" said during TRAINING and quit and came back to asking me to find a job.

Kids complain there are no jobs. Wrong, they don't want the job. I recall one of my exes refused to get a job outside her diploma's field.
If they don't want to help themselves to the point of just simply giving me a CV so I can forward it to them to basically a guaranteed job, then I don't know what to say. All those people who got interviewed were guaranteed a job if they wanted it.
      06-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #57
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Had a friend hiring for his multiplex. He asked if I knew anyone who needed a job.
My gf at the time's little sister needed a job and a few other of my friends younger siblings who I had heard begging for one!
I must have chased after THEM to give me a CV for like 2-3 months. (the wages were awesome and came with full benefits).
1- "Wow, this place is far!" (no it's not, it is in the largest mall in the city and maybe a 10mins drive from that person's house)
3- "It's wrong to come home past 12! That's not lady like!" (last showing is at 11:30pm, so by the time they close up. Note, this chick is a club rat and comes home at 4am every day)
5- "This is too much work for me!" said during TRAINING and quit and came back to asking me to find a job.

Kids complain there are no jobs. Wrong, they don't want the job. I recall one of my exes refused to get a job outside her diploma's field.
If they don't want to help themselves to the point of just simply giving me a CV so I can forward it to them to basically a guaranteed job, then I don't know what to say. All those people who got interviewed were guaranteed a job if they wanted it.
+1

I'm an engineering major working in the Army as a logistics officer. Not exactly the path I wanted to take, but you have to do whatever is necessary to make a living. Everyone thinks they are entitled to their dream job but they don't want to put the work in to get that job.
      06-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #58
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom
This same crap is going on in our military too. Gone are the days where our warriors and soldiers smoked, drank, cussed and weren't taught to have to obey gender equality rules.
What's wrong with gender equality in the military? I served, and I have no problems with women taking an active combat role.
The problem is not the "gender equality" the problem is the standard equality. I know there are a small number of females that can handle the job, but they should be able to meet and enforce ALL of the standards if they want to be a part of the team.

Trust me, by no means am I bashing female warriors. I have been in the ring, on the mats and on the battlefield. I actually think females make better fighters naturally, but if you're going to go in, you have to go in all the way, not when you feel like being treated equally one day, then play the "feminine" card when convenient...
      06-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #59
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
That's not going to happen because a small government is a personal ideal. You believe in small government and having the individuals take care for themselves and others think a government should be more active in taking care of its citizens( healthcare, SS, welfare, etc). No matter how the government operates, it's forcing ones ideals onto others who don't agree with it.
We give the government a (near) monopoly on forcing people to do things at the threat of violent retaliation. That's a power that needs to be kept greatly in check. The left wants to use this power to force other people to do things against their will. How about this, left: if you want a system like that, set up a private non-governmental organization people choose to belong to and do it yourself. That's compatible with both sides because everyone is only doing things voluntarily. Nobody is forcing their ideals on anybody. Win/win, no?

(Could you imagine a private organization selling a retirement plan that mirrored social security? Suddenly people would have a hard time explaining why SS isn't a ponzi scheme)

The left abusing government violent authority to force their social ideals on others is taken to caricature levels by calling the police over a T-shirt.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #60
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:

Well, that was the "best" of the crop that I actually hired. I interviewed 20+ before I found the first one, then another 20+ before I found the second. They were getting paid each month they were there, given a quota they needed to meet to keep their jobs, then complained that:

1) "Too high" it was typically a $50k in revenue, which is less than half of what most of my guys have.
2) "They would have to work a lot to meet that number" You're damn right you will kid, that's how it works in sales
3) My personal favorite was always the "What if I am a little short on that number?" Well, if you look like you have promise, we can see what happens next quarter, if you look like a lazy PoS who is just trying to take my money, GTFO!

Both of the people I hired failed to clear $15k (I'm in a business where my personal "normal" deal is in the $200-250K range for revenue) and were completely shocked at the fact that they didn't have a job after 90 days. I just don't get that generation, probably never will.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #61
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D331130

The nature of the charge makes the incident less about the NRA shirt, and
more about Marcum's behavior.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #62
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D331130

The nature of the charge makes the incident less about the NRA shirt, and
more about Marcum's behavior.
Its more about administrators trying to get away from this because they used poor judgement in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #63
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

charges dropped, 'there was no dress code violation'

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22709537...tation-dropped
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #64
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Its more about administrators trying to get away from this because they used poor judgement in the first place.
this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
charges dropped, 'there was no dress code violation'

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22709537...tation-dropped
and this.

The school didn't want to admit that they were wrong so they escalated the issue into what eventually became some pretty major charges for this kid. Any of his behavior would never have occurred had the school not wrongly accused him of violating dress code.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0