New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #67
ualp333
Rep
Drives: good

No doubt that arranged marriages are much better then the love marriages because i think in the love marriage both are know and well aware about the strong and weak point that's why after the love marriage both are involved in the conflict and at the end of the result...divorce

Last edited by ualp333; 06-05-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #68
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

As I said I’m in my mid 30’s. And right around that time in your life things get a little strange. Friends stop existing because either they are at home with the kids or at home trying to make kids….and they know full well this will be the last time in a long time they will have this level of screwing until they can afford a mistress. Also a good number of your friends who got married early in their 20’s start getting divorced. In my case I’m the ladder not the former.

And here is where I’ve noticed things get very “odd”. I know of a number of guys who are from the near east and who are immigrants to the US. They married American women and well either it works out or it doesn’t work out. If it doesn’t work out…..here is where the very “odd” stuff happens…they start getting a lot of pressure from their parents and family members to consider marrying a woman from the home land…apparently all the women from the home land are way better than the ladies out here in the west…..and then things go from odd to downright WTF! A good number of these guys in their mid 30’s are participating in the “who can get their gut bigger and their chest more harrier” contest such that they can fully engage in the Ron Jeremy Look Alike Club. The RJLAC for short. And well they go back “home” to visit and come back married to women who are half their age. So there you have a 40 yo guy….with a 20 something woman. I’ve seen this with guys from the near east, the far east and guys from Eastern Europe.

I don’t know what to think about this….a straight up arranged marriage sounds odd enough to a westernized guy like me but this low cost mail order wives thing….is even more strange.

Anyone see this?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #69
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

I would also like to point out that our divorce rate is significantly lower than the national average, which is about 50%, correct? I've never seen this this "mail-order" thing from anyone but Eastern Europeans, by the way. Pakistani/Indian people would NEVER do that. They try to make perfect matches. In fact, they pride themselves on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #70
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Sorry man I'm a bit jaded......maybe it's culture? Maybe in Pkistani/Indian culture it is more accepted to be unhappy than divorced?

I mean i can't speak for all people from that part of the world but my friends from there are anything but happy with their sex lives. As one friend put it, "I want a mistress just because i like kissing and my wife....yeah....we have sex once every other month and a get a kiss just as often!"
But when I ask him about divorce, he points out that her monther lives with them and well really...really really? Dirovce with a mother in law living in the next room?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #71
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

I suppose you speak from experience because you know so many more Pakistani and Indian people than I do. And why would the mother in law be living in the house? He's a fool! I find most couples end up pretty happy.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #72
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

No clue but 9/10 near asians i know who married near asians.....while the guy was with his new wife on a their honeymoon mom moved into his office and claimed it as hers and her brother moved into the basement declared it his.

Room or no room...her in laws were moving in.....
How did my Persian friend put it..."Persian women....like samsonite....you don't just get one you get the whole lot!"
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #73
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269
No clue but 9/10 near asians i know who married near asians.....while the guy was with his new wife on a their honeymoon mom moved into his office and claimed it as hers and her brother moved into the basement declared it his.

Room or no room...her in laws were moving in.....
How did my Persian friend put it..."Persian women....like samsonite....you don't just get one you get the whole lot!"
That poor, poor bastard. Haha
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #74
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

yup his wife accuses every woman on the street of being a hooker or drug dealer or a hooker drug dealer and his mother in law gives him the stink eye every time he picks up the bottle of beer or looks longingly at a BLT.

the man is better off pushing led into his skull....if it weren't for the kids......
but wait it gets worse!

his wife is fucking hump a chair hot........with the sex drive of a....dead and decomposing nun.

more than once he's asked me about the theory of skydiving with out a chute.

he should have gone for the hot eastern european women he lusts after instead of listening to his mother.
spent his life chasing the idea of being an engineer, never figured out how to talk to girls, got our of university and well.....landed a good job and did what his parents wanted.
he should have told them "NO THANK YOU!" dropped $5k and picked up a stunning Eastern European woman who would have hand feed him bacon and beer for breakfast every sunday!

Last edited by shah269; 06-03-2013 at 09:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #75
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

My brother had an arranged marriage when he was 22 - this was 13 years ago. He was a loser at the time - no education, no decent job, lived with parents and worked at our convenience store (stereotype? lol).

Now - He has a beautiful family - his wife is very attractive, and they have 2 kids, and they are madly in love. Arranged marriages sound ridiculous but more often then not they work out.

Now I am 26 - living a good life, educated, successful. I lived the college life and dated hot stupid chicks and had lasting relationships and the whole 9 yards. And my parents are pushing the same thing on me and are urging me to look into some prospective matches they have lined up for me.

At first I was very skeptical and didn't think I was interested or even ready to go down that route. talking to these girls is not like just talking to any girl you would normally want to pick up - they are deep in their culture and are not here to just mess around - if they like you their parents want them to marry you and that shit is scary.

But times have changed and its not like you blindly marry some chick you have never seen or met. I kind of see it like an interview and background check process, kind of strange I agree.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #76
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Hey just wanted to say thank you for the info you guys provided....I can now better understand some of the people around me who are from near and far asia and just so happend to be married this way.

Honestly....it's not my cup of tea....but now i understand it better.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #77
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

the entire "marry for love" deal is fairly new in human history. it usually was a strategic alliance with political/business motives.

just imagine breeding horses and cows
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #78
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls
the entire "marry for love" deal is fairly new in human history. it usually was a strategic alliance with political/business motives.

just imagine breeding horses and cows
Mostly cows LOL
Appreciate 0