New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-31-2007, 11:44 PM   #23
blackcat335i
blackcat
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe

I alway have good luck with police ....
7 years ago ...I was speeding 120 mph (rainning too) and /// stopped by a police and he let me go???

But
Got a red light camera tickets few weeks ago, $418....first tickets in 10 years. I'm happy to pay the $418 for that red light ticket ... it was my fault and got a few nice shoots from that camera . In LA everyone is alway on the phone and running redlights....
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #24
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

^^Cool! Wow, that's a hefty fine for running a red light...geez. Still, your attitude is outstanding - enjoy your car:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 02:44 AM   #25
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
some cops are real pricks
I got pulled over for running a YELLOW light... it was green when I was at the intersection, turned yellow while I was halfway in there and he pulled me over..
another time my car slipped slighlty over the stop line cuz of ice... I got a ticket for that... I wouldnt even have hit a pedestrian had there been one.. (it was 2am)

some of them are real cool
this chick cop let me go while I was doing 100km/h over the speed limit... she had no radar and thus couldn't ticket me...

I only complain when I get pulled over for stupid reasons...
I got a speed ticket one and I deserved it.. I didnt say anything to the cop.. just took it

it's ok to sob if it's justified (like my stop sign incident)
but otherwise.. keep it to urself.. no sympathy from me
      06-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #26
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire-n-ice View Post
^^Cool! Wow, that's a hefty fine for running a red light...geez. Still, your attitude is outstanding - enjoy your car:rocks:
$418 is nothing compared to a man-slaughter charged and killing someone. As some Asian saying goes, consider this as "buying off" your bad luck (which means worse things could have happened).
      06-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #27
rwwong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2008 Jeep Hemi

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow, I wake up this morning and there are more sob stories! What do you people expect?
      06-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #28
Corey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '92 240SX

I got pulled over for going too slow once. Stupid cop.

"You're going to have your heart broken, and you're gonna repair it with zipties."
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #29
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I got pulled over for going too slow once. Stupid cop.
what did they charge you with?!?
      06-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #30
Corey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '92 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
what did they charge you with?!?
Nothing It was when I still had my permit so my dad was with me. He pulled me over cause I was driving "erratically" so he thought I was drunk.

Well what actually happened was I was pulling onto the highway in a gorgeous '91 Nissan pickup,a pretty sweet ride in my own opinion. 2.4 liters of raw japanese muscle to the rear wheels. But anyway 150hp isn't a whole lot to really get a pickup truck of any stature moving in good time so I was doing about 50 at the end of a somewhat insufficient on-ramp and trying to merge onto the highway. Well I was no Michael Schumacher so while attempting to shift into fifth gear to get some real speed I accidently shifted into third instead causing much unpleasant noise and bringing me to about 35 mph. So of course at this point I'm already a bit flustered when I see the lights turn on behind me. I pulled back off the highway as my dad looked through the glovebox only to realize the registration was not in the car which only added to my growing state of panic. I rolled down the window and waited, it seemed like we were waiting there for an hour..
then finally he approached the car and..
he laughed in my face. Jerk.
Immediately he realized I was not in fact the drunk he thought I was but rather just a novice driver. He explained the situation and we had a good laugh, much to my relief. He didn't even ask for my permit or anything before he let me go. And on that note I started up that bad boy and listened to those four cylinders rumble out their ever so sweet exhaust note before driving off into the sunset.

"You're going to have your heart broken, and you're gonna repair it with zipties."
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #31
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Look, people... speeding isn't cool. But if you really feel the need for speeding just to get caught, you might as well do it when it's raining buckets. That way, when the cop pulls you over, gets out of his car, drenches his whole uniform causing him to be is extra pissed off when he asks why you were speeding, you can tell them, "Well, officer... what's the joy of earning money when you can't spend it?"

06-02-2007, 03:34 AM   #32
jonerik26
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: black 335i e90 PRE-LCI

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
1998 Acura Integra  [8.50]
2006 325i  [8.00]
i have to agree as well........being an award winner of three tickets my first few years of driving, you just have to accept the fact that you got busted and you know it... unless for sure you were screw by the cop, but a majority of the time.....you did it bud, deal with it
      06-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #33
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwong View Post
I'm sick of reading these sob stories of people breaking the law and whining about having to pay the fine. The laws are in place to protect us, I'm not saying I'm perfect, but why blatantly break the law. And why cry about a $100 ticket? If you're so worried about it, then you must be young, or irresponsible. Some people need to hold themselves more accountable.
You leave in the boonies, where police don't make a living writing you tickets, you don't want to live in NYC then. I got a ticket for my dealer installed tints?? how about a ticket from the phantom police for double parking in a parking spot while i was in the car and I never even got a ticket? I got a letter in the mail pay your late summons?? Late summons? $125? are you kidding me? How is it even possible to get a ticket for parking in a legal parking spot from a cop who I never saw or even approached me?

Yeap alot of cops are dicks!! You meet very few cool ones at least in new york STATE! if I commit the crime no problem owning up to it, when you try to extort me for the money I wake up every morning to make then I have a huge F88king problem :mad:

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #34
rwwong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2008 Jeep Hemi

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1 View Post
You leave in the boonies, where police don't make a living writing you tickets, you don't want to live in NYC then. I got a ticket for my dealer installed tints?? how about a ticket from the phantom police for double parking in a parking spot while i was in the car and I never even got a ticket? I got a letter in the mail pay your late summons?? Late summons? $125? are you kidding me? How is it even possible to get a ticket for parking in a legal parking spot from a cop who I never saw or even approached me?

Yeap alot of cops are dicks!! You meet very few cool ones at least in new york STATE! if I commit the crime no problem owning up to it, when you try to extort me for the money I wake up every morning to make then I have a huge F88king problem :mad:
Boonies huh? I've lived in NYC so I know what the cops are like in the big city. We have speed traps all over the twin cities, so don't tell me about the cops in my state. You should see them lining up on the exit/entrance ramps one does the clocking, while the other is tee'd up ready to make the traffic stop.
      06-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #35
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
I don't have a problem with the police - I have a problem with the laws. Too often, the laws aren't here to protect us, they're here to generate revenue. I'm curious how my car not having a front plate endangers my fellow citizens.
I agree with the OP for the most part, but epbrown has a point. The only ticket I ever got was an illegal left-turn into a McDonalds in NJ. Instead of turning into the parking lot off the highway, I came off the highway onto a side road and turned left into the Mickey D's. Cost me $150 and 3 points for a moving violation.

I watched this location carefully after that there was a cop there 2-3 times a week, catching unwary motorists and dishing out similar fines. Now I understand I broke the law and paid my fine, but this situation was a setup pure and simple. The signage was inadequate - if it was really dangerous the cop should have his lights flashing to STOP people, not wait for them after they break the law!! This is just tax collection.

Also, while speed laws are there to protect us, there is a big difference between going 65mph in a 55mph vs. 35mph in a 25mph zone. I would be in favor of bigger penalties in the slower zones, if they'd cut a little slack on the highway.