New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #23
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by az34 View Post
who told you i meant other posters? I was thinking about a BMW meet and carshow that i went last summer and i can tell you the Z4 was'nt a showstopper.
LOL.
I went to the Phoenix Auto Show in November, and of the 100's of new cars there, the only "showstopper" in my opinion was a Ferrari and a Lamborgini.

So, how exactly did you jump from not being a "showstopper" to, "BMW owners are disregarding the car"? I'm just not connecting the dots.

If you are going to make what I term "off the wall" comments like that, it will be expected that you explain yourself cleary and concisely. So, far you have fallen well short of that.

At this point it is nothing mroe than something you drummed up in your head just to stir the pot on this forum.

Not all owners of one BMW model are necessarily big fans of other BMW models. So, your comment holds little weight, even if you somehow figure out a way to convince us it is true in your mind.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 01-09-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35iDriver View Post
LOL.
I went to the Phoenix Auto Show in November, and of the 100's of new cars there, the only "showstopper" in my opinion was a Ferrari and a Lamborgini.

So, how exactly did you jump from not being a "showstopper" to, "BMW owners are disregarding the car"? I'm just not connecting the dots.

If you are going to make what I term "off the wall" comments like that, it will be expected that you explain yourself cleary and concisely. So, far you have fallen well short of that.

At this point it is nothing mroe than something you drummed up in your head just to stir the pot on this forum.

Not all owners of one BMW model are necessarily big fans of other BMW models. So, your comment holds little weight, even if you somehow figure out a way to convince us it is true in your mind.
it was'nt an autoshow it was a meet of strictly BMW everything from 2002's shiny e30m3 all the way to m6's i went there as a spectator and i found that the z4 dit'nt attract as i thought it should be.its a simple constat.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z428i

az34---Let me guess. The meeting/car show you went to was a BMWCCA event. If so, I can understand why the Z cars were not appreciated. I bought a 2002 Z3 in 2002 and joined the BMWCCA right off. Another couple with a brand new Z3 and I attended a BMWCCA meeting at a Sonic drive in on a Saturday. Believe me, the other couple and I were not on the same page as the BMWCCA members that were there. Neither of us went to another BMWCCA meeting. We both joined the ZSCCA whci was better, but we didn't stay there very long either. The word was, that the BMWCCA just doesn't like Z cars for some reason. I believe that is why the ZSCCA is a special interest (read seperate) club.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
az34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
az34---Let me guess. The meeting/car show you went to was a BMWCCA event. If so, I can understand why the Z cars were not appreciated. I bought a 2002 Z3 in 2002 and joined the BMWCCA right off. Another couple with a brand new Z3 and I attended a BMWCCA meeting at a Sonic drive in on a Saturday. Believe me, the other couple and I were not on the same page as the BMWCCA members that were there. Neither of us went to another BMWCCA meeting. We both joined the ZSCCA whci was better, but we didn't stay there very long either. The word was, that the BMWCCA just doesn't like Z cars for some reason. I believe that is why the ZSCCA is a special interest (read seperate) club.
Thanks Colorado i dont want to pinpoint anyone or organization,but as a former Porsche owner i've been a member of the PCA for ten years.Now i dont want to be a member of any carclub anymore, i'd rather like to enjoy the show as a spectator now!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #27
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
it was'nt an autoshow it was a meet of strictly BMW everything from 2002's shiny e30m3 all the way to m6's i went there as a spectator and i found that the z4 dit'nt attract as i thought it should be.its a simple constat.
So what you really meant to say was that a very small sample of very specific type of BMW owners who regularly attend this one BMW meet didn't warm up to the Z4.

Why didn't you say that in the first place?

I don't think that many (if any) of the Z4 owners on this forum really care what these people think.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #28
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Quote:
Thanks Colorado i dont want to pinpoint anyone or organization,but as a former Porsche owner i've been a member of the PCA for ten years.Now i dont want to be a member of any carclub anymore, i'd rather like to enjoy the show as a spectator now!
When details of the new Z4 were released a couple of years ago it took a lot of s**t from the forum members here (mainly from ppl driving other BMWs than the Z4). Mostly it was about the car's weight and price in the US. Which is good, because I'd be happy to be the only one driving a Zed in my hometown. I don't care what other people think about the Z4, BMW owners or otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
who told you i meant other posters? I was thinking about a BMW meet and carshow that i went last summer and i can tell you the Z4 was'nt a showstopper.
I think just like a sexy new model on the runway the sDrive Z4 3xxx was indeed a show stopper when I was in München on May 9th 2009 at Die Welt ... all models were displayed in the small building to the left of the main entrance to Die Welt, inside of Die Welt and in the Museum across the street as well.

It was very hard to get near the cars that is how much interest they produced. In 2010 when I took my Z4 35i to California it was a show stopper as well on many occasions.

It simply is a great car and not too many people cannot have one for various reasons. Still it turns a lot of heads, I turn my head whenever I see one and give the and receive one back too

yes like the model on the runway there is a time for everything ... for us car enthusiasts the Z4 will always get our blood pressure up ... I bet every Z4 driver loves his car for different reasons.

If my wife would not mind a little traffic jam in my drive way there would be one for weekend fun still in my garage then who of us does not give in to the wife's wishes to keep the piece

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #30
DavidJS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35is

I really don't intend to stir the pot here, but in az34's defense even the current issue of Roundel includes reference to complaints by Z owners about the lack of coverage of Z's in the magazine. I also read in these forums, while biting my tongue, people disparaging the Z4, as not being a "true" sports car (whatever that means). I believe the only satisfying response, as mentioned by others in various posts, is to ignore those comments and be content with our own happiness and pleasure in owning and driving this beautiful car (which will happen for me in a few weeks when mine is delivered). It's not a show-stopper, not a true sports car, not a whatever? So what exactly is the point of such comments? And more importantly, who cares?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #31
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJS View Post
I really don't intend to stir the pot here, but in az34's defense even the current issue of Roundel includes reference to complaints by Z owners about the lack of coverage of Z's in the magazine. I also read in these forums, while biting my tongue, people disparaging the Z4, as not being a "true" sports car (whatever that means). I believe the only satisfying response, as mentioned by others in various posts, is to ignore those comments and be content with our own happiness and pleasure in owning and driving this beautiful car (which will happen for me in a few weeks when mine is delivered). It's not a show-stopper, not a true sports car, not a whatever? So what exactly is the point of such comments? And more importantly, who cares?
Right on Dave ... it's all in the eye of the beholder and it is a great car you will enjoy it.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #32
az34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJS View Post
when i post that topic, the last thing i want was to light a fire.All i'd done was relating the facts that in the 10 days i spent in Vegas and surrounding states i never saw a Z4 (E89-E85) since the weather was perfect blue sky all the way 70's degree + it caught my attention, and i just want to exchange whit people on the forum.But for whatever reason (good or bad) it turn to be to much emotional for some.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #33
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
when i post that topic, the last thing i want was to light a fire.All i'd done was relating the facts that in the 10 days i spent in Vegas and surrounding states i never saw a Z4 (E89-E85) since the weather was perfect blue sky all the way 70's degree + it caught my attention, and i just want to exchange whit people on the forum.But for whatever reason (good or bad) it turn to be to much emotional for some.
No car is perfect, so all cars will have there detractors.

A good rule of thumb would be to steer clear of initiating threads asking a forum consisting basically of e89 owners what we think about some negative opinion of someone else. As stated on this thread a couple of times - we don't care, and neither should you. Especially if we are singling out one negative article from a sea of positive ones.

This is, after all, an e89 "Enthusiasts" forum. Threads that start out with the smell of negativity will often times not be well received.

I certainly hope the opinions of others are not taking away from your enjoyment of the car.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 01-09-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #34
az34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35iDriver View Post
No car is perfect, so all cars will have there detractors.

A good rule of thumb would be to steer clear of initiating threads asking a forum consisting basically of e89 owners what we think about some negative opinion of someone else. As stated on this thread a couple of times - we don't care, and neither should you. Especially if we are singling out one negative article from a sea of positive ones.

This is, after all, an e89 "Enthusiasts" forum. Threads that start out with the smell of negativity will often times not be well received.

I certainly hope the opinions of others are not taking away from your enjoyment of the car.
if you want to be the moderator on this forum why dont post to get the job?there was nothing negative on that topic just plain facts. Happily i had the chance to exchange whit people that did'nt wear pink glasses and not moralize each time they trade opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #35
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

This thread has become pointless and irritating. I agree, if you have something negative to say about a car we all love to drive, say it somewhere else - you've got the wrong audience.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #36
bjarne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
This thread has become pointless and irritating. I agree, if you have something negative to say about a car we all love to drive, say it somewhere else - you've got the wrong audience.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #37
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The original post was just relating the persons experience on a recent trip in that he didn't see any Z4's. I don't see any around Denver either. The origional poster broke no rules by posting his thoughts on this subject. If the rules are not broken, it would seem that comments positive or negative would be allowed. It is a forum where opinions should be welcome. I am a new member with a 2012 Z4 on order. I have learned something from both sides of an issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #38
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The original post was just relating the persons experience on a recent trip in that he didn't see any Z4's. I don't see any around Denver either. The origional poster broke no rules by posting his thoughts on this subject. If the rules are not broken, it would seem that comments positive or negative would be allowed. It is a forum where opinions should be welcome. I am a new member with a 2012 Z4 on order. I have learned something from both sides of an issue.
If we apply your logic, then if a comment by the OP is "perceived" as negative (specifically Post #7), then everyone else is within the rules to comment on it or provide his/her opinion about the poster's comment, be it positive or negative, or ask the poster to clarify or prove his statement is true. So, no one else broke any rules either.

The OP's comment was legal, but vague and irritating. So you have to expect that people will respond accordingly.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 01-10-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #39
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
if you want to be the moderator on this forum why dont post to get the job?there was nothing negative on that topic just plain facts. Happily i had the chance to exchange whit people that did'nt wear pink glasses and not moralize each time they trade opinion.
Moderator? No thanks. I already have a full time job dealing with an account base of 300+ customers. That is challenging enough.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #40
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I just reread the original post. There is nothing vague about his comments. He stated where he want and what other cars he saw and mentioned his visit to a BMW dealer who only had 1 Z4 in stock. Nothing vague at all. And his comments were not irritating by any means. This commenter simply reported on his trip and the fact that he didn't see any Z4's along the way and was wondering where are all of the cars? I don't blame him for asking. Good question. I don't see any on the road either. Very low sales may be the reason. And why is that fellow bloggers?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #41
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I just reread the original post. There is nothing vague about his comments. He stated where he want and what other cars he saw and mentioned his visit to a BMW dealer who only had 1 Z4 in stock. Nothing vague at all. And his comments were not irritating by any means. This commenter simply reported on his trip and the fact that he didn't see any Z4's along the way and was wondering where are all of the cars? I don't blame him for asking. Good question. I don't see any on the road either. Very low sales may be the reason. And why is that fellow bloggers?
Go back and reread my post #38 word for word and see that we are NOT referring to his initial post!

Last edited by 35iDriver; 01-10-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #42
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Dear 35idriver. I believe we have had a lively conversation in the past. Just to bring you up to speed, I traded my C6 last week for a 2012 Z4 which is on order. Since I am now a Z4 owner (I paid cash for my car) do I have your permission to go ahead and comment here instead of the Corvette Blog or do I have to wait for delivery? I think everything has been said regarding the original post that needs to be said. With over 300 customers, you must be busy. You must be on vacation or off ill today in order to have the time to be commenting on a work day. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #43
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Dear 35idriver. I believe we have had a lively conversation in the past. Just to bring you up to speed, I traded my C6 last week for a 2012 Z4 which is on order. Since I am now a Z4 owner (I paid cash for my car) do I have your permission to go ahead and comment here instead of the Corvette Blog or do I have to wait for delivery? I think everything has been said regarding the original post that needs to be said. With over 300 customers, you must be busy. You must be on vacation or off ill today in order to have the time to be commenting on a work day. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
That's actually none of your business, but you know that don't you?

Other than your irritating little comments and questions, I'm having a stellar day, but thanks for your concern. Are you generally irritating to people or do you just attempt to get on people's nerves here on the forum?

Don't flatter yourself. You have absolutely no control over the kind of day I have.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 01-10-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #44
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My guess was right. How are things down in Chandler? Again, I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Appreciate 0