New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
bjarne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i

SAT pause

I have had several instances of starting the car and finding no sound, this happens probably about one out of ten times. Sometimes the car has been sitting overnight, other times I just went to a store for 10-20 minutes. The first few times I couldn't figure it out and had to mute and unmute to get the sound back. Then I noticed that the display showed the pause (||) where the sirius dog normally sits, but I had definitely not used the phone or any other thing that would pause the SAT. I usually listen to the SAT, so I don't know if it might happen on any other source.

Anybody else had this happen and knows what could be causing it?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
danielC
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Intermittent problems are the worst!!! Call in a pro!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z428i

I just took delivery of my new Z4 i28 a week ago. Been busy programming every feature. I set up my presets list in the radio with a mix of AM, FM, and SAT channels. All went well with no problems. A couple of days later I went back to configure the second key fob. I was downloading my presets when I got up to channel 17 and no matter what I did, I could not go any farther up the channel list. I checked AM and FM and I could select any channel and add it to my presets. I turned the radio and car off and went inside to look at the owners video and read the manual. It did not give any clue as to the problem. I went back out and put the fob in the dash and all the SAT channels were displayed. I loaded the rest of my presets with no problem. We are driving computers and can expect them to act like computers at times.
Appreciate 0