New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB 17 M3

Wow!!!! Bad Luck!!!!

So check this out.............

I was on the way home from my mother house on Christmas eve the 24th.

As soon as I hit the interstate, there were at least 20 cops passing by me looking like a hot pursuit chase. I can see that they caught the bad guy on the right side of the interstate as I am driving by.

All the sudden I see this black strip thingy in front of me at least 10 feet away moving. I noticed a police on the side of the interstate was trying to pull it back to the side and I end up hitting it which was a spike strip.

This happened during night time so I was not able to avoid this.

I ended up with 2 flat tires on the side, luckily not 4 somehow.

Sigh...the police filed a incident report saying they would reimburse these tires. I end up getting 2 Michelin AS Sport this morning so I hope they would really reimburse it when I come to the Police department on Monday.

Craziest thing ever, I'm glad I wasn't speeding or got hurt.

The worst part is I had a bottle of beer before driving home! so I also END up getting a Alcohol test which I passed showing at 0.00 when I blew into the alcohol test tube.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

The breathalyzer bit is messed up, looking for any way to deny your claim - but it really seems there was no cause for such unless you reeked of alcohol
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #3
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hau_nguyen91 View Post
So check this out.............

I was on the way home from my mother house on Christmas eve the 24th.

As soon as I hit the interstate, there were at least 20 cops passing by me looking like a hot pursuit chase. I can see that they caught the bad guy on the right side of the interstate as I am driving by.

All the sudden I see this black strip thingy in front of me at least 10 feet away moving. I noticed a police on the side of the interstate was trying to pull it back to the side and I end up hitting it which was a spike strip.

This happened during night time so I was not able to avoid this.

I ended up with 2 flat tires on the side, luckily not 4 somehow.

Sigh...the police filed a incident report saying they would reimburse these tires. I end up getting 2 Michelin AS Sport this morning so I hope they would really reimburse it when I come to the Police department on Monday.

Craziest thing ever, I'm glad I wasn't speeding or got hurt.

The worst part is I had a bottle of beer before driving home! so I also END up getting a Alcohol test which I passed showing at 0.00 when I blew into the alcohol test tube.
You use this phrase "Bad luck" in your thread title.... i do no think it means what you think it means.....
      12-26-2015, 02:51 PM   #4
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

There were no cops with lights on the side of the road before you got to the spike strip (to try to slow down traffic)? Seems very odd they would leave that out in the middle of the road with no warning to other drivers.
      12-26-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
Alvinized52
@ste4lthedF82
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 SSII

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
Silverlining--- you just got yourself brand new tires. Blessing in disguise.
Appreciate 3
      12-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #6
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

No he got himself 2 new tyres, and -when he didn't replace the other 2- is driving around with uneven thread wear L&R.

....and that's not so good.....

All 4 tyres should be replaced if you want to do it the right way so that leaves 2 tyres bought with one's own money. That can only be a good deal if the tyres where worn to a fair degree.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #7
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
No he got himself 2 new tyres, and -when he didn't replace the other 2- is driving around with uneven thread wear L&R.

....and that's not so good.....

All 4 tyres should be replaced if you want to do it the right way so that leaves 2 tyres bought with one's own money. That can only be a good deal if the tyres where worn to a fair degree.
So the tires I have is fairly new about 3K miles so what I did was rotate the old ones to the front and the new ones to the back.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #8
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
You use this phrase "Bad luck" in your thread title.... i do no think it means what you think it means.....
To be fair, the guy got flat tires. That's worse luck than getting one flat tire.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #9
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

You have the same front&rear tyres on a 135is?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #10
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Did they mention that they smelled some alcohol on you? Because if not that is so fucked up that they tested you. That sounds like they were trying to find an excuse to cover up their massive screw up. They could have killed somebody, and all they care about is how bad this will look on the report.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #11
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Sucks about the breathalyzer part. Hope they reimburse you.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #12
djDori_C
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

The whole thing is a bit fishy... But count your blessings ...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #13
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Frikken cops... No doubt in my mind they were testing you so that they wouldn't have to pay for their f-up had you come back with any reading at all. They should have aplogized, not given you a hard time.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #14
Taylorguy74
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i M-Sport

I call BS on the breathalyzer story. There wouldn't be any unless they pulled you over upon suspicion of DUI and you failed a FST. They just wouldn't administer the test for your circumstances. Makes me doubt the entire post.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #15
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorguy74 View Post
I call BS on the breathalyzer story. There wouldn't be any unless they pulled you over upon suspicion of DUI and you failed a FST. They just wouldn't administer the test for your circumstances. Makes me doubt the entire post.
Concur would have to fail field sobriety which would mean you blow more than 0.0. I blow over .08 morning after benders easily.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #16
ccdre
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 AW 135i, '13 Frozen M3

Not to hijack OPs bad luck story, as mine isn't nearly as dramatic but here is what went down on my 24th...

Pulled into a MCDs drive-thru to pickup 2 soft drinks, paid at 1st window, pulled up to the 2nd window. Employee hands me first drink, I set it down in the cup holder. Hands me the 2nd drink, I grab it and start turning around to hand it to my son who's in the back. The lid falls off (was never pressed on all the way) and the coke spills all over my lap, my coral red seats, shifter, center console, my phone etc. etc..
I didn't make a huge deal of it, she handed me bunch of napkins and kept apologizing.

Drove home and got to work with some soapy water & a microfiber towel. Now there is a survey on the bottom of my receipt but you know what they say about karma! .

As soon as we get some warmer weather, I'll redo the 2 step leatherique process to get seats completely clean.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #17
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorguy74 View Post
I think I'm confusing everyone with the story.

#1 - I got caught on a spike trap that wasn't suppose to happen to me but to someone else.

#2 - I pulled over to the side now that I have 2 flat tires. The cops pulled up from the scene and asked if I got caught in the spike which I did.

#3 - They came to help to see if they can change the tires and end up filing a incident reports on the issues.

#4 - During our conversation, they asked for my ID and if I have been drinking which I assume he smelled alcohol from my breath. I answered him 1 bottle about 30 minutes ago.

#5 - 2nd cops pulled up and gave me a breathalyzer test which came out to be 0.00 because the beer I had was so not strong at all and it was 30 minutes ago.

#6 - I end up getting new tires and hoping to get reimbursement off of the two.

#7 - I am making a big deal because I got caught in a spike trap that wasn't suppose to be for me and also it could of been worst if I had more alcohol in my system.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #18
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

You call that bad luck? Kids have it real good these days.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #19
Bkborn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW BMW M3

Never heard of any Police Dept paying for tires. always thought the accident report was done to file a claim with your insurance and get reimbursed through the county or city. the Police Dept doesn't pay personally. I could be wrong though.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #20
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkborn View Post
Never heard of any Police Dept paying for tires. always thought the accident report was done to file a claim with your insurance and get reimbursed through the county or city. the Police Dept doesn't pay personally. I could be wrong though.
You are right. The municipality will pay out, not the actual PD.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #21
Bkborn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
You are right. The municipality will pay out, not the actual PD.
Cool, even though I work for NYC PD, different state/city/county is different in some ways. Good luck
Appreciate 0