New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

Closed Thread

11-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Jerk in his 325i

Some jerk in his 2010 328i passed me on the right today in a lane that was not designated for passing, so a very unsafe move on his part to say the least. The right lane is for turning into office buildings, not for passing

Had I not been on the phone with my father at the time, and actually paying attention, I would have seen him in the rear view mirror coming up on me like a bat out of hell. He floored the throttle and was traveling as fast as his 255HP would allow. At that point, had I actually been paying attention, I would have shifted into Sport + and ......well..... I think we all know the rest.

Then when we got to the next light it was red, and I was directly behind him where if he moved off the light quick, I would have had the opportunity to use the right lane to overtake him if I wanted. But he pulls away real slow, and I'm boxed in by the car directly to my right. He would not speed up to give me any chance to pass....as if to say he already proved his point back at the previous light. Riiiiiight.

Kind of like a coward that sucker punches someone bigger than him, then runs away as fast as he can.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 11-03-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Ignore jerks
      11-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

btw, its 215hp... lol!!
      11-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
btw, its 215hp... lol!!

328i, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
alan64
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
Some jerk in his 2010 328i passed me on the right today in a lane that was not designated for passing, so a very unsafe move on his part to say the least. The right lane is for turning into office buildings, not for passing

Had I not been on the phone with my father at the time, and actually paying attention, I would have seen him in the rear view mirror coming up on me like a bat out of hell. He floored the throttle and was traveling as fast as his 255HP would allow. At that point, had I actually been paying attention, I would have shifted into Sport + and ......well..... I think we all know the rest.

Then when we got to the next light it was red, and I was directly behind him where if he moved off the light quick, I would have had the opportunity to use the right lane to overtake him if I wanted. But he pulls away real slow, and I'm boxed in by the car directly to my right. He would not speed up to give me any chance to pass....as if to say he already proved his point back at the previous light. Riiiiiight.

Kind of like a coward that sucker punches someone bigger than him, then runs away as fast as he can.
I think you are reading way way too much into the whole thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan64 View Post
I think you are reading way way too much into the whole thing.
It seems you have a different interpretation of the situation where another BMW owner with a smaller engine floored his throttle in a no passing zone, to the point where he had to cut me off driving like a bat out of hell, because his lane ended and he needed to get over.

Was there another explanation for this behavior I seemed to have overlooked alltogether?

Because if there is another interpretation, I'm all ears. I'm open to other interpretations. What was yours?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
teezee
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, E46 325iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
It seems you have a different interpretation of the situation where another BMW owner with a smaller engine floored his throttle in a no passing zone, to the point where he had to cut me off driving like a bat out of hell, because his lane ended and he needed to get over.

Was there another explanation for this behavior I seemed to have overlooked alltogether?

Because if there is another interpretation, I'm all ears. I'm open to other interpretations. What was yours?

The guy is an idiot, which is completely independent of what car he was driving. For all you know, he didn't even notice your particular car, he just wanted to pass you. Let it go, you'll live longer.

2011 E89 Z4 M Sport (Euro Delivery, Performance Center redelivery), Extended Nappa leather, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
2003 E46 325i Touring
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread