New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
BMW665
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 e89

Air Conditioning Evaporator tube

I went on a trip last summer to Yellowstone. Wow what an amazing place and with the Z4 even more fun. With the top down you have the opportunity to see all the wildlife. Did some fly fishing and had a great time.

When traveling i notice after running the air conditioning a lot that my passenger side floorboards were wet. No antifreeze smell just wet. I reviewed forum posts and found that a solution could be a blocked evaporator tube. Anyone else had the issue?

When home i removed the skid panel covering the tranny and found the tub that sits just above where the tranny is bolted down. pretty hard to find but i found it. I used a 1/4" tube connected to an air hose and blew it out. No debris flew out so I'm not sure i resolved the issue

Anyone else experienced wet floorboards?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
sgt3966
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Z4 & 2016 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW665 View Post
I went on a trip last summer to Yellowstone. Wow what an amazing place and with the Z4 even more fun. With the top down you have the opportunity to see all the wildlife. Did some fly fishing and had a great time.

When traveling i notice after running the air conditioning a lot that my passenger side floorboards were wet. No antifreeze smell just wet. I reviewed forum posts and found that a solution could be a blocked evaporator tube. Anyone else had the issue?

When home i removed the skid panel covering the tranny and found the tub that sits just above where the tranny is bolted down. pretty hard to find but i found it. I used a 1/4" tube connected to an air hose and blew it out. No debris flew out so I'm not sure i resolved the issue

Anyone else experienced wet floorboards?
I have but not with my Z4. My wife's X3 and the problem WAS a blocked tube.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
BMW665
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 e89

the tube sits just above back of the transmission. a small tube with a flap over it. The reason why i stating where its located is when i searched on this topic i found that many did not know how to explain exactly where it was or how to dislodge the debris.

I'm surprised i haven't heard from others on their experiences unclogging the tube. I guess its not a common issue
Appreciate 1
sgt396619.00