New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
Desmo85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 / E87 / E89

Negative/Positive Incidents at your Dealer

Yesterday I thought about all the things that did not work out at the Dealer since I picked up the car. So far I could tell I am not the only one, but I am curious if these negative events are all about the same around the world:

So I decided to create this poll to figure out how (un)statisfied the owner of a Z4 is with the quality of the service.

-Roof Rattle (Fixed)
They swapped this:
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...15&hg=51&fg=80
This killed 80% of the rattle, to get rid of the remaining 20% I was told to service the roofsealings with Glykol, and this works out great: No rattle anymore.

-Clunk Noise Rear Axle (Not fixed)
Turns out that the bearings have some kind of issued, they told me no damage can appear, but gave me full permanent warranty for the rear axle. I got some kind of contract so I am happy.

-Scratched Drivers Seat (Fixed)
When I dropped my car off to get the Rear Clunk fixed they messed up my seat
Person responsible has been sacked, vehicle has been cleaned throughout and waxed.

-Leaky window seals (Fixed)
When driving in heavy rain some drips poured into the car, they did not hesitate to change all the sealings, problem solved, Allthough I had to come back to get the windows adjusted since they sometimes rolled back down.

So all in all they fixed 3/4 but gave me for the remaining problem a lifelong warranty, overall I would say I am rather statisfied. If it was not for the screwed up seat I would be statisfied.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

where's the poll?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Desmo85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 / E87 / E89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjørn View Post
where's the poll?
Durr

Apparently I can not edit it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

My local dealership has been fine. No major incidents.

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
z4z4z4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx View Post
My local dealership has been fine. No major incidents.
I wish I could say the same. My first and last visit for maintenance to the dealership I bought my Z4 was for a courtesy annual oil change. I guess Oil changes might be performed by those technicians with lesser exertise than others. I found a liter (exaggeration) of oil spilled onto the front air duct/tube going to the intercooler. The ducting and bottom tray was dripping and the heat insulation around the duct had been wiped and consequently mangled and displaced.
I perform all of my own free maintenance items and keep the receipts from the dealership parts department. Additionally, the same dealer reused the one-time-use bolts on the undercarriage of my M3 when they replaced the cats for the 80k mile federal warranty so I could pass smog test. Parts department gave me a box of new bolts no cost for me to use.
      01-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #6
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

My dealer (Williams BMW Manchester UK) has been fairly good. Swapping cracked wheels without too much fuss etc. They did drive the nose of my e85 into a goods cage once but they put that right (just a tiny scratch). They're also responsible IMHO for breaking some trim on my e89 (top of the passenger rear bulkhead under the roll bar trim) after I took it in for rattles. I believe they over tightened this and broke it. However I'm paying for the part and refitting it myself to ensure its done the way I want and I get to felt it to reduce any future possible rattles. Everyone is aware I got a friday car, but they've done quite a bit to make it a Thursday car! lol
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT View Post
...Everyone is aware I got a friday car, but they've done quite a bit to make it a Thursday car! lol
Well it would depend if it was a beer Friday car or a first thing in the morning Friday car. I wonder if the Beer friday cars are actaully held until Monday and then released?!!!

As for me no real issues with my Dealer. I have heard horror stories though about m dealer from friends. Here are a couple,

1. A firend took her 3 to the dealer for an oil change and minor service. They took her to work that morning and later that day got a ride up to the dealer to pck up the car. She goes in and asks the SA for the car and they said that someone had picked it up for her already. She hadnt sent anyone to the dealer to get the vehicle so obvioulsy someone had gone in and stole her car. The police had to be called and every thing. The issue was never resovled and she did not get her car back.

2. Same dealer differnet location, a firned went in with his 2000 M Roadster and was telling them he needed service on the vehicle the SA argued with him about the type of transmission it had in it even though the car never ever came with that style transmission. (that is all i remember of the conversation now sorry) I am thinking he said somethng like you have an SMC dont you and my friend said no it a manual. Then the argument persued. If it had been me maybe i would have just smacked hm n the back of the head and left.

The only issue i really had with this dealer came with the sales department. I wnated the car for one price and they wouldnt meet me in the middle. walked away three times. Finally a month later they called me and offered me the same car for the price i wanted to pay. (we were only apart by $1000.00) I dont consider that an issue though that is jsut commerce at play. But why do you have to argue with me for a month. Kinda takes the fun out of the drive home the first day. Know though that when i got the E89 Z4 home i was all smiles again.