New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 sDrive35i

Question Catalytic- converter conversion

Hope you guys doing well,

2 days ago CEL came on and I replaced my spark plugs. Today CEL lights came on back and I just read the codes it says "Catalytic- converter conversion" and "Catalytic- converter conversion 2" numbers "29F4, 29F5" I took my car to the BMW service when light was gone, they check to car and told me that everything was okay and I just had to update my software. However I do not really think these codes come up because of software update. Does anyone have experience about those codes or those kinds of problems ? My 35i has 33k miles on it.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Don't rule out that a software update could be the true fix. Some years of E46 were overly sensitive to setting catalytic converter efficiency codes and flashing updated software fixed it.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #3
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
Don't rule out that a software update could be the true fix. Some years of E46 were overly sensitive to setting catalytic converter efficiency codes and flashing updated software fixed it.

After I read your comment, I thought twice and decided going with software update. And It worked, it has been 2 weeks and everything works well. Also car got smoother and steering wheel works better than before. I was surprised what a software could do.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 02:45 AM   #4
Dontino
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by talhagursoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post

After I read your comment, I thought twice and decided going with software update. And It worked, it has been 2 weeks and everything works well. Also car got smoother and steering wheel works better than before. I was surprised what a software could do.
Hi,
Know this is a old thread but…..
Which software needs to be update?
BR
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #5
bestgooda1
Registered
Rep
Drives: bestbl

SEObecame a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.
Appreciate 0