New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #1
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

OCC Burger BMS and KC Hilites

I just thought I'd pass along a variety of photos since this morning I fit the Burger OCC to the KC Hilites mount.

So this is pretty straightforward, and you don't need to use the tools you see me using. You'll need a 1/2" dowel of some sort. Wood works fine if you like. I drilled a piece of UHMW in the shop with a 1/2" plug cutter. Get some super glue. Cut the plug over length, install the plug proud of each side, then chisel or file flat and sand (I used a chisel, but a file is more common, maybe, and just fine). Note when gluing, make sure the glue penetrates the plug hole. Put glue around and push the plug up and down to draw in the glue. Keep the glue off your fingers ;-).

Draw center cross hairs, then make two hole marks at 45 degree of centerlines. Note that the diagonal hole spacing on the OCC is a smidge over 1/2", so you can drill on center at the plug perimeter. Drill a 1/4" hole which is just slightly oversize. Put a drop of loctite on the threads, or if you don't have it, nail polish or shellac should do the trick - not a lot, just a drop. Find two washers (I used interior washers because they fit well in my case) and snug up with a 4mm hex wrench.

Filippo
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #2
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Good to know, thanks for sharing. I've had my OCC staring me at me on my desk for two months now

Appreciate 0