New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

September 2014 Picture of the Month - Reminder

The September POTM is open! It's almost officially fall--we may get some nice seasonal photos especially from places north. An E89 won last month--you could be next!

General reminder: use JPG, not JPEG or other formats, and 1024x768 dimensions. Larger than that, or other formats, the forum software will allow me to post the picture. Yes, it's picky, but I have to work within the forum's software constraints.

POTM submissions are due Sunday September 28 at 9PM Pacific Time. Note: you can submit at any time using these instructions and the submission will be entered in the next open POTM.

Photo Submission Requirements
  • Send photos via email to zpostpotm at gmail dot com.
  • Please tell me your user name so I can credit the photo: User name, Year / Engine / and Color
  • Picture dimensions can be max of 1024x768 (filesize of up to 900kb using JPG). Pictures can use smaller edge sizes, this is simply the maximum size.
  • JPG format only (not JPEG) only. The Forum software does not support large filesizes for JPEG, and compresses data, which reduces quality. This means that the file extension should show as .jpg.
  • One picture only
  • Only photos that have not been submitted before (no previously submitted photos).
  • If you won last month you're not eligible to enter this month so others have a chance.

Picture Editing Resources (thanks to SgtGigglebox)

PicMonkey.com
- Free Web-Based Photo editor. Provides access to simple adjustments (crop, exposure, resizing, etc.) as well an array of filters. No accounts necessary, beginner friendly.

Gimp
- Free Program for Windows, Linux & OSX offering a wide variety of capabilities.

Windows Photo Gallery -
- Free photo editing application made by Microsoft, providing editing, organizing and social capabilities.

Picasa
- Free photo editing application made by Google, providing editing, organizing and social capabilities.

As always, follow good practices and make sure you know to confirm that the download is virus and spyware free (run a scan before installing and when downloading).

FAQ

1) Can we photoshop pictures?
Yes but anything so drastic where the photo just looks unrealistic isn't what this thing is about. Either way, the way I see it is that members will vote based on what they think really captures the essence of the car.

2) Can we submit multiple photos per entry?
No, only one picture per month. Participation in multiple months is encouraged!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 02:30 AM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

No submissions so far this month. Anyone out there?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Bump. Still time!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
orionsilver
Rep