New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
Giffen
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Hi there,

If it is any consolation mine was produced a week before they stated to include the Connected Drive Services functions like Assist, SendtoCar or RTTI.
My dealer has made a PUMA to get a solution on how to enable the BMW Live, or more correctly they wrote “Mr. X suggest that a PUMA has to be opened...”. If they actually did anything is anyone’s guess. Do you know what your dealer did to make it work? Or maybe better who’s your dealer?

I fully agree with you, in some ways I am disappointed with my LCI Z4, and especially with the service from BMW. After having owned five BMW’s, the last one for barely five month, I can already say the next car is not going to be a BMW.
My dealer was talking about that the new functions could become available, but that was before I took delivery of my car. Lately there has been nothing. I don’t expect it.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #24
ErikJ
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

My Dealer did first a PUMA too.
Next they did some upgrade (reload), that till had no effect.
And finally they activated some code whih made the BMW live features work.
Indeed very sad to hear that my brand new car could not be upgraded to ConnectedDrive Services ( evn if it wa on their z4 mini webite at the LCI launch date in February, hence I had requested to have it t time of order.
There is a very slim chance that n upgrade woul be posible.
There seem to be many BMW driver in this frustrated mode, According to the BeLux HQ which the dealer and I had a conf call with.
It just sounds 1 device that needs to be exchanged...
Make no mistake other than this I like the car very much !!!!
Appreciate 0